Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Elliot Wilson: Childish Gambino Isnt HipHop...AKA Fabric vs Staples

test
A better argument would be to say that Donald Glover is more than just hip hop. A lot of artists are more than just hip hop. His argument made 0 sense. He asked when was the last time anyone listened to a Gambino track when he rapped...on that note if I only listen to Drake when he sings is he no longer hip hop? If I only listen to Chris brown when he raps is he no longer a singer?

Niggas gatekeep the dumbest shit.

Is Dona cat hip hop? Yes. Shes just not hip hop for us. She's hip hop for them. She's a packaged product that is the result of hip hop becoming more and more commercialized and main stream.

Elliot is usually annoying.

But everything he's saying is FACTS! Especially on the cosplaying part.

Which a lot of people have said and felt about Gambino for years.

Who gives a fuck

Donald will always be solid to me for creating Atlanta on FX. Miss that show like a mfa.

A better argument would be to say that Donald Glover is more than just hip hop. A lot of artists are more than just hip hop. His argument made 0 sense. He asked when was the last time anyone listened to a Gambino track when he rapped...on that note if I only listen to Drake when he sings is he no longer hip hop? If I only listen to Chris brown when he raps is he no longer a singer?

Niggas gatekeep the dumbest shit.

Is Dona cat hip hop? Yes. Shes just not hip hop for us. She's hip hop for them. She's a packaged product that is the result of hip hop becoming more and more commercialized and main stream.

If Doja Cat is Hip Hop, so is Kesha.

The argument of is an artist hip hop culture is 2 pronged:

1) do you actually make hip hop music not just are you a black person making music

2) Are you accepted by hip hop culture. Meaning if you drop a single/project is the hip hop culture the target audience and are those outlets gonna be the first/main group of ppl to discuss it

Gambino doesn't fit that and I also don't think he cares or that he's trying to. I also agree with elliot on the doja point too. She raps sometimes but she's not accepted by rap culture as one of their own nor is she tryna be.

The argument of is an artist hip hop culture is 2 pronged:

1) do you actually make hip hop music not just are you a black person making music

2) Are you accepted by hip hop culture. Meaning if you drop a single/project is the hip hop culture the target audience and are those outlets gonna be the first/main group of ppl to discuss it

Gambino doesn't fit that and I also don't think he cares or that he's trying to. I also agree with elliot on the doja point too. She raps sometimes but she's not accepted by rap culture as one of their own nor is she tryna be.
Accepted by hip hop culture? What does that mean to you?

And what exactly is hip hop culture in the year 2024

Accepted by hip hop culture? What does that mean to you?

And what exactly is hip hop culture in the year 2024
It's what I said. Is the hip hop community your first or main stop when you put out or promote a project. Is the hip hop community the target audience of your music. Is that who ppl look to with credibility to judge your music.

When billie eilish drop an album she not goin to hot97 or big boy she goin to zane low and them other pop stations. We not her target audience.

Stop asking basic questions
So when you hear future talk about fucking other dudes bitches, that’s hip-hop that’s the culture but when Childish Gambino spit his versus the way he does that’s not hip-hop culture
Is that what you’re saying?

Also, you’re proving a larger point of mine. Just to let you know.

So when you hear future talk about fucking other dudes bitches, that’s hip-hop that’s the culture but when Childish Gambino spit his versus the way he does that’s not hip-hop culture

Well with your Future example this would only make sense if you think the topic of stealing another man's woman is solely relegated to rap music. Which you know it's not so your question could be better worded.

I think sometimes certain vulnerable groups (suburban blacks, immigrants mainly) get into this thing where they think being hip hop = being real or really black. That’s not it.

Eminem is hip hop
The non hood Chinese niggas spinning on they head in Xinjang is hip hop
Boosie is hip hop but not nearly as great an artist as Childish Gambino, who isn’t hip hop.
Rex Life Raj is a nigga that rap about butterflies and spaceships and he’s hip hop.

That future example was straight off Reddit. Offensive as fuck.

I think sometimes certain vulnerable groups (suburban blacks, immigrants mainly) get into this thing where they think being hip hop = being real or really black. That’s not it.

Eminem is hip hop
The non hood Chinese niggas spinning on they head in Xinjang is hip hop
Boosie is hip hop but not nearly as great an artist as Childish Gambino, who isn’t hip hop.
Rex Life Raj is a nigga that rap about butterflies and spaceships and he’s hip hop.

That future example was straight off Reddit. Offensive as fuck.
I don’t give a fuck about anything being offensive because what I said was a fact.

Stop being soft

Back