Welcome To aBlackWeb

Eboni K Williams under fire for claiming that men who work blue collar jobs are “mediocre”

Like it or not, we're in a world where people are heavily influenced by clips and soundbites on their social media. Whether you care about what a particular person thinks or not, if someone with influence says something stupid, it has to be called out or it can cause damage.

It’s gotta be called out on a site like this? Sounds like some echo chamber shit.

If y’all wanna “call out” out some shit, fight that fight on twitter where some people might actually give a fuck to take her stance.

Here, it’s just gonna be a bunch of niggas saying how wrong she is. Not even the women of this forum are chiming in.

It’s gotta be called out on a site like this? Sounds like some echo chamber shit.

If y’all wanna “call out” out some shit, fight that fight on twitter where some people might actually give a fuck to take her stance.

Here, it’s just gonna be a bunch of niggas saying how wrong she is. No fuckin shit.

People have been fighting that fight everywhere there is to fight it. We're discussing it here because it's a topic for discussion. Nothing more nothing less. This topic isn't any more superficial than 90% of the bullshit we spend pages discussing.

just came across my timeline:

View attachment 1080979
What's the difference between her and a prostitute??

She's with this cac ass cac she's not physically attracted to or in love with simply because he has money. She has sex with him only because he spends his money on her. She even tried to marry him because of it.

Is that not just soft prostitution?

From childhood I never understood how women rationalize this behavior

So I found the below article. The ones who made that type of money was due to taking a obscene amount of overtime. This article is a bit older but gives perspective. Due to a lot of maintenance on the metro rail line, they use buses and shuttles to cover for the closed stations. The regular salary is not a 6 figure job.

Folks that makes s lot of money puts in OT though
Some people making 6 figures as a salary put in just as many hours as those getting there via overtime.

Depending on the job, some salaried 6 figure people on a per hour basis are making just as much as a bus driver without overtime.

To me it doesnt matter if its OT, its still 6 figures. If the job was low paying they wouldnt be able to make 6 figures at all.

Its the same with cops, a lot pull in 6 figures or close to it cuz of OT, but when people wanna sympathize for them, they post base salaries with no OT factored in. And if you know cops, all of them do some amount of OT

She's implying men in blue collar careers are only in those jobs because they lack ambition, discipline, work ethic, didn't try hard enough etc.
All the same arrogant jibes tossed around by alpha male internet bros like Andrew Tate.

That mindset is basically this...where amassing lots of money is the ultimate goal in life, settling for less is the sign of an underachiever, and not "making it", even if you tried your hardest, is personal failure. This is what money does to ppl in a classist system. Their status affords them a false sense of superiority.

She could have walked back her initial generalizations and spoke with some fair and balanced nuance instead of critiquing entire swaths of the Black male workforce as damage control.

Take her words for what they are, warped. The rest of us with common sense and basic decency know there's more to our worth than material shit or how connected and exposed we are.

She's implying men in blue collar careers are only in those jobs because they lack ambition, discipline, work ethic, didn't try hard enough etc.
All the same arrogant jibes tossed around by alpha male internet bros like Andrew Tate.

That mindset is basically this...where amassing lots of money is the ultimate goal in life, settling for less is the sign of an underachiever, and not "making it", even if you tried your hardest, is personal failure. This is what money does to ppl in a classist system. Their status affords them a false sense of superiority.

She could have walked back her initial generalizations and spoke with some fair and balanced nuance instead of critiquing entire swaths of the Black male workforce as damage control.

Take her words for what they are, warped. The rest of us with common sense and basic decency know there's more to our worth than material shit or how connected and exposed we are.

This is the part that annoys me. People like her can't understand that some people don't want to or care to be rich. They are satisfied with being able to live whatever life is comfortable to them. Instead of just acknowledging that people have different goals in life, she feel the need to call people mediocre and average. That broad is a millionaire but she's pushing 40 with no kids and no serious prospects for a husband. Maybe other people wanted something different from life than that.

There's also something to be said about the 1% of people this applies to.

If everyone was able to do it, then it's no longer 1%.

Not everyone can be a business owner

Not everyone should be a business owner

It's also why a lot of those high earning women are single and lonely. Somebody like Eboni might be in the top 0.5% of earners, and she's only interested in men making near what she's making. Her options are very limited, and half the men she would like aren't interested in a woman like her. These chicks always running around talking about men are the problem. No, math is their problem.

Thats one of my biggest issues. Is the fact that these types of people, they are like those individuals who look down on the janitors, sanitation workers people of that sort. Yet want to benefit from their labor when they think about the money they’d worked hard to earn. So you think those people aren’t good enough yet can’t no establishment be dirty. Can’t no supermarket be without produce and other foods for you to spend your money on. How you think that the food got there??

Thats one of my biggest issues. Is the fact that these types of people, they are like those individuals who look down on the janitors, sanitation workers people of that sort. Yet want to benefit from their labor when they think about the money they’d worked hard to earn. So you think those people aren’t good enough yet can’t no establishment be dirty. Can’t no supermarket be without produce and other foods for you to spend your money on. How you think that the food got there??

Eboni could have addressed the perceived problems in one of two ways. She could have shamed black people for having a lot of civil service and blue collar jobs, or she could have advocated for those jobs, which are very important for our society, to start showing more value to the workers that do them (e.g., better pay and benefits). We see which way she went with it.

The flaw in the and the truth in this is in the details.
This whole list it true, but why do so many only see themselves as the ones who are not business owners?
Hiw many have tried and failed to say it’s not for them. How many pretend but know they look crazy to seasoned vets?

How many just stand by and say it’s not for everyone without trying?

The flaw in the and the truth in this is in the details.
This whole list it true, but why do so many only see themselves as the ones who are not business owners?
Hiw many have tried and failed to say it’s not for them. How many pretend but know they look crazy to seasoned vets?

How many just stand by and say it’s not for everyone without trying?
I don't think it's that hard fam

Most families are living check to check. All I'm saying is, a lot of people simply do not know how to manage money. That doesn't go away cause you decide to own a business. They will ultimately fail.

a lot of people don't want the responsibility of being an owner also which there's nothing wrong with imo.

I don't think it's that hard fam

Most families are living check to check. All I'm saying is, a lot of people simply do not know how to manage money. That doesn't go away cause you decide to own a business. They will ultimately fail.

a lot of people don't want the responsibility of being an owner also which there's nothing wrong with imo.
All true and I’m saying a lot May be good at something they never tried or took seriously.
It’s a such things as second hand trauma that we tend to take on…..if one person had a hard time that means you will have s as hard time.

Do you tell the kids you ref that one kid will embarrass you and they just give up playing?

Everyone can’t be a billionaire but what’s wrong with being a millionaire?
Some niggas don’t deserve home cuz they don’t maintain it…,,should I tell them to stay in an apartment or help them maintain a home?

All true and I’m saying a lot May be good at something they never tried or took seriously.
It’s a such things as second hand trauma that we tend to take on…..if one person had a hard time that means you will have s as hard time.

Do you tell the kids you ref that one kid will embarrass you and they just give up playing?

Everyone can’t be a billionaire but what’s wrong with being a millionaire?
Some niggas don’t deserve home cuz they don’t maintain it…,,should I tell them to stay in an apartment or help them maintain a home?
I'm not gonna say someone doesn't deserve a home but a lot of people don't view home ownership as an asset and in turn don't treat it like one

I'm not saying someone doesn't deserve to be a millionaire but if you can't manage a couple hundred bucks, adding more money to their situation isn't gonna help there either.

A LOT of shit goes into having a legitimate and thriving business that doesn't get talked about enough.

We have to have more consumers than producers. If everyone becomes producers, who is gonna buy all that shit?

I'm not gonna say someone doesn't deserve a home but a lot of people don't view home ownership as an asset and in turn don't treat it like one

I'm not saying someone doesn't deserve to be a millionaire but if you can't manage a couple hundred bucks, adding more money to their situation isn't gonna help there either.

A LOT of shit goes into having a legitimate and thriving business that doesn't get talked about enough.

We have to have more consumers than producers. If everyone becomes producers, who is gonna buy all that shit?
Again…..no everyone cant be a supplier. But tell me so many don’t even want to try?
And you don’t always need a product, you can provide a service, supply a supply chain and other things,
Crazy that when I’m back in philly the Dominicans took over most of the corner stores.
Here in the bay, it’s hard to get a service person who isn’t Latino or Latino owned. And not talk about the food trucks.

So I say, everything you are saying is true, but we as black people been taking the not for me approach way too long. I see it easy too much. At least in fruity atlanta they at least try.

Shit if we always see ourselves as the consumer we can’t complain about what they give us to consume.

Those that died the Tulsa and many cities like it would be ashamed of yall

Again…..no everyone cant be a supplier. But tell me so many don’t even want to try?
And you don’t always need a product, you can provide a service, supply a supply chain and other things,
Crazy that when I’m back in philly the Dominicans took over most of the corner stores.
Here in the bay, it’s hard to get a service person who isn’t Latino or Latino owned. And not talk about the food trucks.

So I say, everything you are saying is true, but we as black people been taking the not for me approach way too long. I see it easy too much. At least in fruity atlanta they at least try.

Shit if we always see ourselves as the consumer we can’t complain about what they give us to consume.

Those that died the Tulsa and many cities like it would be ashamed of yall
I think it takes a level of self awareness to admit something might not be your calling

That's all I got b 🤷🏾‍♂️

Back