Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scorpion Album Thread

Scorpion

• Total voters
This album is a much easier listen than More Life, for me at least. But I'm not sure if it's just because I'm not paying much attention or because the singles are the tracks I'm most familiar with, but it feels like God's Plan and Nice For What are really the standout tracks. Everything else just kinda hovers around average for the most part, a few tracks might be above average but there's nothing that really standouts and makes me want to hear it on a loop like Still Here off Views did.

I can't even find 7 songs to make an album equal to Daytona... Drake's album is great if you are a 15 year old white girl

Every review of this album mentions Pusha T

Haha... but even forgetting about the diss tracks back and forth, Push's album was so much doper.

I realize Drake is going to have the radio hits to sell albums and the RnB joints for the ladies but where is even the one hip-hop joint where Drake is really spitting? That Drake/ Jay Z joint wasn't it... They couldn't even do the "Dopeman/ Funky Worm" sample justice

Haha... but even forgetting about the diss tracks back and forth, Push's album was so much doper.

I realize Drake is going to have the radio hits to sell albums and the RnB joints for the ladies but where is even the one hip-hop joint where Drake is really spitting? That Drake/ Jay Z joint wasn't it... They couldn't even do the "Dopeman/ Funky Worm" sample justice

So talking drug rap is the only way to make a hip hop joint.

The same niggas that trash all his albums in here like they coming from an objective place or like niggas give a fuck. Shits wild lmao.

I can't give my opinion now? What are we all doing on here then? SMH...

I've liked Drake projects in the past, I just wasn't feeling this.

I don't just like "drug raps" either. I was actually feeling the Kids See Ghosts album which was on some "alternative" isht...

Literally the definition of insanity lmao. We're 7 albums and well over a 100 songs in. You're not going to like it.

I don't fuck with milk lemme go drink a whole carton and tell you how I feel about it.

@OVO Freeman Yo, I get it, you're a Drake stan and your reppin' your favorite artist...

I am a stan of no one and let the music (both lyrics and beats) decide if I like it or not. Drake is going to go platinum in two weeks or less anyway so my opinion isn't going to hurt that man's pockets. The media hype isn't going to change my opinion... this was a mediocre project.

@Sion But the problem is the media would have you believe that Drake is the GOAT emcee. Album just came out and people on Instagram are already claiming that it is the album of the year, maybe the best album since Kendrick dropped.

I gave the album a listen and I'm like, WHAT??? I don't get it. Drake made a radio friendly pop album... bubblegum rap.

I like wiping my ass with these drake threads.

They softer than Charmin.

I also like causing grown men to have fits of the anger vomits.

I remember arguing with my barber that Pac and Big were better than Rakim and BDK.
Fredo_Santana.jpg

It was overboard but no one deserves a refund. UMG has stock in Spotify so what did people think was going to happen...

Back