Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scorpion Album Thread

Scorpion

• Total voters
Which is the Pusha diss track?

giphy.gif

Real shit,

If I want singing and rapping on some Hip-Hop shit, I'm better off listening to "No News Is Good News"by Phonte. He can sing way better w/o Autotune, and his bars are better.

The only difference is he got Soul beats, and Aubrey has a tone of Pop-Hop shit behind him.

I don't listen to Drake, never have; in fact the last time I even bothered to go through a full album of his and review it was "Take Care" back on the IC thread.
With that being said, this shit is pure trash and reaffirms why I don't fuck with this dude's music at all! lol

Scoring each track out of 30 (beats, flow and lyrics), only 8 makes it 20 or above

Top rated track for me was "Emotionless"

"I can't even capture the feeling I had at first, meeting all my heroes is like seeing how magic works"

"Working in the land of the free, the home of the brave, I gotta bring my brothers or else I feel out of place, breaking speed records on roads that these niggas paved"
"scoring each track out of 30"? why would you choose 30 to rate anything out of? Might as well rate each track out of 3 burgers. "Yeah this track is pretty nice, 2 and a half burgers. the next one is wack, no burgers. not even fries"

I listened to it once to say I heard it and not say it’s garbage w/o a fair listen.

I’ll try to be objective as I can in the second listen.

(1/2)

This album is HARD to stomach, B. Even if the beats were stellar, his rapping style is just so rudimentary, you get mad listening him squander beats.

Emotionless is cool, but that could’ve been sooooo much better, like “Say What’s Real” better.

The best example of how average dude’s bars and flow have gotten, listen to the intro to 8 Out of 10. I can name at minimum five rappers who would’ve murdered that shit. And that skit at the end is bullshit. J Prince need to teach this Jewgro about how this rap shit really go. Fuck that money when you getting lyrically curb stomped.

Fuck Nonstop and Mob Ties. Those shots are riding trends that he don’t need to keep up with. Album filler for sure.

So far, Survivor is the only 5-Star track I’ve heard so far, and I’m up to Can’t Take A Joke.

Last edited:
(2/2)
Can’t Take a Joke - pass

Sandra’s Rose - good bars. Solid track

Talk Up - Aubrey sounds out-of-place, and Hov seems like he’s too old for this shit, but can still drop something tough when he wants.

Is There More - Lyrically, this is him at his best. That line “It’s too bad reality checks don’t cover the balances due when it’s tome to recoup”....Nice. (He still delusional in think no one presents a challenge to him when Kendrick already called him out.)

Like I said, I just bypassed the R&B side. No thank you. I’m here for bars.

I was right. On the first listen, I just heard horrible filler grab beats and whiny ass bars. When I really sat down and give this a go in some headphones I still hear filler trap beats, and whiny ass bars, with a hot line sprinkled in there somewhere.

This dude will never “grow” musically. I’m not sure why y’all are expecting different each time. As long as his legion of Thots and simps stan his music, why should he? It’s almost the MAGA theory, just in music. He can be as lame or outrageously soft as he wants, but his fan base simply doesn’t care. A few stripper tunes and they’ll clap like seals.

1st listen score: 4/10
2nd listen: 5/10

Real shit,

If I want singing and rapping on some Hip-Hop shit, I'm better off listening to "No News Is Good News"by Phonte. He can sing way better w/o Autotune, and his bars are better.

The only difference is he got Soul beats, and Aubrey has a tone of Pop-Hop shit behind him.

I’m SO serious about this. Phonte did that shit right.

I’m gonna say it...

Disk 2 > Disk 1 when it’s a heatwave and the chicks it out in sun dresses and shit. Play it in the whip, no fucks

Go outside and get some pussy, ‘‘tis the season.

Edit: I just had a good day..disregard this post..lol

Back