Welcome To aBlackWeb

Donovan McNabb says if Troy Aikman is in the Hall of Fame, he should be, too

Bills lost 4 super bowls straight abd they got hall of famers

A SB loss means you WON your conference. He won it 4 straight times. Mcnabb just made to the game a lot, and won it once.

Kelly also retired 10th in yards and 12th in TD's. Mcnabb retired 21st in TD's, and 17 th in yards. Kelly would be top 10 in both if USFL counted (and I think they do consider those when getting into the Hall)

Last edited:
McNabb should have better stats he was on a Pass 1st team...

Aikman was just a product of the dynasty around him. I don't think he makes it without those SB wins...

I mean they did have one of the best runningbacks who played the game so it was easier for him

One of the greatest running backs. A HOF receiver. And one of the best offensive lines in NFL history. He should’ve been tossing 25-30 TDS a season no sweat. Instead he was giving you 13 TDS 12 INTs type seasons his whole career

Let go of the nostalgia and look at these trash stats
https://www.profootballhof.com/players/troy-aikman/stats/

You really can’t objectively justify him being in the HOF and leaving out McNabb when you actually see how much he was carried to them superbowls.

You can make a case that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB

Last edited:
I’m waiting to see what they got besides him getting dragged to the Super Bowl by Emmitt.

Because statistically any argument to refute it is gon be pure struggle

That year Smith held out for like 4 games they went 1-3

Smith come back and they wrecked shit and won the chip.

One of the greatest running backs. A HOF receiver. And one of the best offensive lines in NFL history. He should’ve been tossing 25-30 TDS a season no sweat. Instead he was giving you 13 TDS 12 INTs type seasons his whole career

Let go of the nostalgia and look at these trash stats
https://www.profootballhof.com/players/troy-aikman/stats/

You really can’t objectively justify him being in the HOF and leaving out McNabb when you actually see how much he was carried to them superbowls.

You can make a case that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB

His stats aren't getting him in. His team accomplishments are. So comparing his stats to Mcnabb, Fitzpatrick, etc is pointless unless.

This isn't new. Terry Bradshaw's in the same situation.

Troy Aikman career season high for TDS is 23. It’s the only time he threw for more than 20 TDS in a season

View attachment 140775

Mcnabb had under 20 TD's in 8 out of his 13 seasons. He threw more than 23 TD's twice in his career. He never had a 4,000 yard season despite getting to play after the rules changed to make the passing game easier.

Aikman's numbers were bad, but McNabb's weren't good enough to close the 3x SB champ, 1x SB MVP gap.

If you want to let anyone in that can match McNabb's numbers... open the flood gates. Just with older active/not yet eligible QB's you have Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer. That's not counting SB champs. Mcnabb shouldn't get close to the HOF.

I’m waiting to see what they got besides him getting dragged to the Super Bowl by Emmitt.

Because statistically any argument to refute it is gon be pure struggle

His stats aren't getting him in. His team accomplishments are. So comparing his stats to Mcnabb, Fitzpatrick, etc is pointless unless.

This isn't new. Terry Bradshaw's in the same situation.

F86C4C02-E152-4F1E-A53B-2B3EF7E094E7.png

Mcnabb had under 20 TD's in 8 out of his 13 seasons. He threw more than 23 TD's twice in his career. He never had a 4,000 yard season despite getting to play after the rules changed to make the passing game easier.

Aikman's numbers were bad, but McNabb's weren't good enough to close the 3x SB champ, 1x SB MVP gap.

If you want to let anyone in that can match McNabb's numbers... open the flood gates. Just with older active/not yet eligible QB's you have Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer. That's not counting SB champs. Mcnabb shouldn't get close to the HOF.

Rivers and Ryan are absolutely HOF worthy. I’d even say Rivers is first ballot easy

I don't think niggas even know what they arguing about at this point

I don't think niggas even know what they arguing about at this point

Maybe you dont know lol.

The internet got short attention span. Arguments go on tangents. Straw men get set up and knocked down. But it’s still the same subject.

Nobody forgot. Donovan McNabb was right. If Troy can get in, with them sorry ass numbers, then he should at least be considered as well.

Last edited:
Add in 3500 running yards and 29 more TDs for DM

Aikman averaged 1 TD a game on a superteam. Thats really is bummy. He had more Turnovers for his career than Passing TDs

Aikman been to the playoffs 8 times

4 of those he had more INTs than TDs and 1 year was a push (not counting fumbles)

7 years for Mcnabb and only 2 years with more INTs than TDs

Aikman been to the playoffs 8 times

4 of those he had more INTs than TDs and 1 year was a push (not counting fumbles)

7 years for Mcnabb and only 2 years with more INTs than TDs

Imagine what Troy Aikman’s playoff record would look like having to throw to Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell.

Imagine him even making the playoffs with those 2 as his main receivers.

BDDC61D5-A546-4E08-B924-F6D4C78FD752.gif

Last edited:
Back