Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Separate The Artist From The Person?

I wanna say he said Busta wrote that rhyme Lol
that's some throwing under the bus dry snitching ass shit....

bruh there's no way under god's green earth does my black ass who's finally getting paid big money and out the hood go inside a fucking recording booth and say "back stage under age, adolescent"

that studio session is going exactly like
giphy.gif

I guess i struggle with drawing the line with personal transgressions that primarily affect that person vs things they've intentionally done to people

like Chi brought up Robert Downey Jr. To my knowledge, his drug binges primarily affected him. I wont get into the subsequent damage that may have happened to his family, but someone like Usher...if its true he knowingly slept with a woman when he has herpes, idk man...i mean, i can listen to his older work as i've purchased it already and it doesnt give him any future revenue, but if he got a project coming out now? It's gon get the side eye from me

that's some throwing under the bus dry snitching ass shit....

bruh there's no way under god's green earth does my black ass who's finally getting paid big money and out the hood go inside a fucking recording booth and say "back stage under age, adolescent"

that studio session is going exactly like
giphy.gif

Dude said it on the BBC interview that they were on. C-the god asked him about those very bars, even read them verbatim and devoe clean said he didn't write and said Busta wrote it Lol smh. Dude was so quick to get that heat off him.

Radios, when that song comes on down here and I happen to catch it on the radio, they actually blur/beep out that part Lol after wha 17-20 years

I blame the record label for ok'n that part. But hell most of the heads prolly were doing their thing with underage girls and didn't see an issue

Dude said it on the BBC interview that they were on. C-the god asked him about those very bars, even read them verbatim and devoe clean said he didn't write and said Busta wrote it Lol smh. Dude was so quick to get that heat off him.

Radios, when that song comes on down here and I happen to catch it on the radio, they actually blur/beep out that part Lol after wha 17-20 years

I blame the record label for ok'n that part. But hell most of the heads prolly were doing their thing with underage girls and didn't see an issue
so much fail in all of that...

C tha god is a saint

I guess i struggle with drawing the line with personal transgressions that primarily affect that person vs things they've intentionally done to people

like Chi brought up Robert Downey Jr. To my knowledge, his drug binges primarily affected him. I wont get into the subsequent damage that may have happened to his family, but someone like Usher...if its true he knowingly slept with a woman when he has herpes, idk man...i mean, i can listen to his older work as i've purchased it already and it doesnt give him any future revenue, but if he got a project coming out now? It's gon get the side eye from me

I never understood why people want to boycott those who have drug addictions or accidental sextape leaks or things of that nature.

statutory rape and knowingly spreading disease, that I get.

I never understood why people want to boycott those who have drug addictions or accidental sextape leaks or things of that nature.

statutory rape and knowingly spreading disease, that I get.

while drug addictions no doubt can tear a family apart, i still view them as self inflicted transgressions more than anything. Your family's hurt is just s biproduct of your selfish decisions, but if you going out here taking sex from women, infecting them with diseases, participating in fuckery that harms other people in the community...i cant rock with that

while drug addictions no doubt can tear a family apart, i still view them as self inflicted transgressions more than anything. Your family's hurt is just s biproduct of your selfish decisions, but if you going out here taking sex from women, infecting them with diseases, participating in fuckery that harms other people in the community...i cant rock with that
alcoholism also ruins families. its responsible for most of the waiting time for all kinds of organ donations, so it's costing the system as well as people who need heart and liver replacement for non-self inflicted reasons. just doesn't land people with convictions because of possession, so it aint as stigmatized.

holding that kind of thing against an artist is strange to me because substance abuse is rife and flowing at every entertainment industry party n encouraged by agents. if they don't go into it with that kinda problem, they're prob gonna have it eventually.

I don't.

Everything about a person contributes to my overall opinion of them, though not everything is equally important. And I dare to say no one really truly separates the two.

Nah

Unless we talking about something eregious, I'm a get they music/art when it's good

But if I got into an artists music based on while they are, or present themselves to be. Then I can't separate them from the music.

But if I liked the music because I like the music and I don't care who makes it. Then I can give a fuck what they do, long as they ain't touching adolescent children..err thing else

U gay, u beat women, u rape chicks on the low, drug addict, clepto, nympho..

That ain't none of my business

Even though Bobby Womack was a scumbag, I still listen to dude.

As I listen to older R&B and go into their lives, they were, if not, more fuck'd up than the current rappers/R&B singers today.

James Brown use to beat the shit outta Tammy Terrell but I still feel like a hero/invincible to the world when the bass line to the song "Payback" comes on
Rick James too...

like this nigga literally rapped about fucking an underage adolescent, ....talked about how wet it was n everything.....

and everybody on the dance floor just getting it....

giphy.gif
Man this shit still fucked up

I try but we know too much about their personal lives now

hard to ignore

Really depends on how they move or how I perceive them to be moving. Some shit I can over look. Some shit I can't. Like Rick Ross is a different kinda fake to me than say drake or kendrick and I can't really rock with Ross or separate the artist from the person off the strength of that.
Wale is a different kinda wack to me than say game or 50 and I can't really rock with Wale or separate artist from person off that strength.

Reactions: 1/2
Fuck that I still listen to R Kelly, what that man do in his personal life dont stop the fact the dude the best R&B artist of our generation.

2pac a convicted rapist but he got some songs that I like, Me Against The World is my favorite rap album.

If the songs are good I could care less what's happening in their private life.

Look at this bullshit.

Who did he rape? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Back