Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Believe In Dinosaurs?

Have to...that’s how it’s supposed to be..we take the Bible as is...every accounting all the events mentioned taken as events that actually happened in history, etc.
never heard that being called fundamentalist though I guess that describes me lol

well the definition of a fundamentalist is

"a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in a religion."

so to be swallowed by a whale (or big fish), you'd have to be in deep waters & would prolly drown 1st

even if you didn't drown, the muscles in the throat would crush you as you're being swallowed

& even if you don't drown 1st or get crushed while bein swallowed, the stomach acid would destroy you

but let's say you make it past all those hurdles, how could a human survive 3 days w/o oxygen?

I mean, you wouldn't last 20mins w/o oxygen but, 3 days?

that doesn't make you wonder?

But here you are changing the subject...you haven’t addressed the testimonies of the Bible and if you want to call them trash what standard are you basing this assessment on?

1. Eye witness testimonies are famously inaccurate. It's 1000s of examples out there so the standard is already pretty low.

2. The people that claimed to see the miracles of Jesus are who? They couldn't read, they didn't kno' where the sun went at night, they had no idea what causes disease so its no surprise they'd claim miracles and whatever else.

3. The New Testament was written years and years after Jesus died so even if people saw his miracles the info would have been Chinese whispered so many times it can't be reliable

4. I didn't change the subject, you brought up eye witnesses and I'm tellin' you they don't provide accurate information reliably

i don’t have all the facts bruh but it’s out there you can look lol

the sediment at the bottom of the ocean, the soft tissue in fossils, oldest documented languages, the layers in the Grand Canyon etc

Bruh. You are the one claiming this stuff is out there. If you can't provide evidence to back your claims, you are the one who loses credibility, not me.

What evidence do we have of a book that was written by people, being made up by people?

Yea idk you got me there lmao

Once you choose “the Bible itself is evidence” angle I’m not sure any amount of logic frees you from that trap.

If the Bible said God had parents you would probably just accept that too, but non magical thinking should lead you to seek outside evidence.

Bruh, you hit the nail on the head. Once logic goes out the window, nothing else can be discussed because it will be a lesson in futility after that.

Well I mean I am Christian and a student of the Bible so yea that’s the standard I use lol

Is that strange to consider writings and testimony of writers as evidence? in courts people testimony is used as evidence. Not too different here, not only that we can actually observe a lot of the laws defined in the Bible actually at play in real life...why just simply dismiss these writers testimony, on no grounds without even checking to see if what they wrote is solid, from God etc?

There is evidence, and then there is credible evidence.

Case in point.

A person can fill out an affidavit, which can be used as evidence. That person's sworn court testimony can be evidence. But then that evidence, when it crumbles under scrutiny, is determined to not be credible.

Exhibit A:

I'll be honest. Some of the dudes on here are amazingly lost in the head. The things some of them believe, when put into written form, are incredibly contradictory or flat out looney. But hey, to each their own.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain how the scientists calculated time when The Earth was a different distance from the Sun.

Or, how would you calculate time before the Sun existed?

How do scientists come up with this 14.5 Billion figure, or 4.5 Billion?

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain how the scientists calculated time when The Earth was a different distance from the Sun.

Or, how would you calculate time before the Sun existed?

How do scientists come up with this 14.5 Billion figure, or 4.5 Billion?

You can measure time using any increment you decide to use, idk why you are adding an unneeded level of complexity in your head

1. Eye witness testimonies are famously inaccurate. It's 1000s of examples out there so the standard is already pretty low.

2. The people that claimed to see the miracles of Jesus are who? They couldn't read, they didn't kno' where the sun went at night, they had no idea what causes disease so its no surprise they'd claim miracles and whatever else.

3. The New Testament was written years and years after Jesus died so even if people saw his miracles the info would have been Chinese whispered so many times it can't be reliable

4. I didn't change the subject, you brought up eye witnesses and I'm tellin' you they don't provide accurate information reliably
So you don’t accept the Bible as the truth it really is, I get that. you made a bunch of claims above but you didn’t prove anything my friend!

You can measure time using any increment you decide to use, idk why you are adding an unneeded level of complexity in your head

OK, if you're so smart, what increment of measurement did the scientists use to determine that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and the Universe is 14.5 billion years old? And how did they calculate a "year" once you go back to 4.6 billion years? Because, using the scientists figures, the Earth wasn't revolving around the Sun 4.6 billion years ago. So how did they calculate time?

It’s a cult bro
It seem that way at first... it’s not what people expect. You know how people tend to only see and be aware of things they expecting or what they already looking out for? With the Bible it’s a bit like that, but it’s done that way on purpose..only when a person approach with the right attitude and put their own understanding aside that they can truly learn and know the things of God that’s hidden from everyone else. these things can’t be learned apart from the Bible. Those who recorded what we have today that come from those manuscripts will tell you they did not learn it from men or on their own it was revealed to them directly by the God of all creation. It was like that for them specifically because the complete writings wasn’t all recorded yet. But I digress I know everyone ain’t into religion like that, it took me a while before I had the doors to understanding unlocked and it’s the best thing ever happen in my life.

The Bible itself makes sense. But it's not a scientific textbook, it's more like a sociology textbook.

It seem that way at first... it’s not what people expect. You know how people tend to only see and be aware of things they expecting or what they already looking out for? With the Bible it’s a bit like that, but it’s done that way on purpose..only when a person approach with the right attitude and put their own understanding aside that they can truly learn and know the things of God that’s hidden from everyone else. these things can’t be learned apart from the Bible. Those who recorded what we have today that come from those manuscripts will tell you they did not learn it from men or on their own it was revealed to them directly by the God of all creation. It was like that for them specifically because the complete writings wasn’t all recorded yet. But I digress I know everyone ain’t into religion like that, it took me a while before I had the doors to understanding unlocked and it’s the best thing ever happen in my life.

It’s a cult bro

Back