Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Do Southern HipHop Fans Care About Bars?

test
What’s funny is most cats up here only like bars in standard format. They not into bars as a whole as much as they claim. If it’s unorthodox they down it.

The hip hop hip hop backpackers up here get it. The niggas that swear by like Fab don’t. & it’s a lot of those niggas.

Bruh Joe is talking about artist from NY acknowledging Wayne as a formidable rapper based on their standards. Nothing dumb about the statement he made especially when it comes to calling yourself the best rapper alive. Cam saw how good Wayne could become and showed respect thats it.
It is dumb cause if everyone just adopted what NY thought was hip hop, everyone would still be boom bapping

Generally, no.

They did give us Scarface, Big Krit, OutKast, Chamillionaire and a few notables though.

But 2024, 2004 or 1994 (cuz they weren’t rapping in 1984) your average young rapper from the south doesn’t need to have bars to catch on in his city and that’s just actual factual..The other day I saw a random nigga start rapping at Gucci Mane and he kinda told the nigga sit down. I just laughed.

They make fun of all that lyrical metaphysical rhyming..What you see today is the result of that.

People made fun of that because it typically doesn't make for actual good songwriting. Which is a different skill set from just writing bars.

As a kid from Brooklyn I don’t think any of us outrightly hated southern music….we loved that shit and even learned from it

It was mainly the rappers not as hot as they used to be in the earlier 90’s and that couldn’t adapt that were hating on the south…not the entire coast itself

People made fun of that because it typically doesn't make for actual good songwriting. Which is a different skill set from just writing bars.
I mean, lyrics are a foundational part of rap music…

The lyrical content is what allowed it to spread to the southern states in the first place a decade later. The inability to formulate complex rhyme schemes and paint compelling stories is just what it is: empty. Thats why most southern rappers and the entire hip hop world don’t have other southern rappers in their top 5…But every other region has that.

If you don’t have the skill set to write then…

The lyrical content is what allowed it to spread to the southern states in the first place a decade later. The inability to formulate complex rhyme schemes and paint compelling stories is just what it is: empty. Thats why most southern rappers and the entire hip hop world don’t have other southern rappers in their top 5…But every other region has that.

Lmao.

Okay buddy

Complex rhymes don't mean better. DMX wasn't a complex rapper in terms of multis, punch lines, etc but his rhymes still hit hard. Shit most rappers folks have as the best aren't the super technical rappers.

Back