Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Now that's what I call some bullshit. I bought his autobiography, just started reading it yesterday. In my feels for real. I'll say this much. I have been a fam of alotta hip hop artists. But I have never been a bigger fan of anyone than X. Dudes music really hit a part of my soul that no other rap music before or since. Prayers up. If he dies, the man left us some great words to remember him by.
Side note, reading from his book. The guy never had a chance man. Fucked up childhood

I read that book my junior year in high school when it dropped, 2001-2002, and the things he had to overcome as just a child...the strength DMX had is unimaginable to most people

Damn, 1998 was so GOAT

I knew of DMX in 98 but wasn’t paying attention most of the time (I was in 6th grade). When this single came out I had a crush on this girl and this was basically the song I’d attribute to her. Once that was over & I started digging for more of X stuff I was a fan for life.

This hurts for so many reasons. Mainly cuz DMX one of the few I followed so fuckin hard through the rest of middle and high school. He was the man. Out of everyone that fell off in the 2000s that we talk about on here and back on the IC I couldn’t talk about DMX out of sheer admiration and respect. His whole vibe reminds me of one of my big cousins & I think I better give that nigga a call cuz he was an X fan to the fullest.

RIP

Aight I know this one hurtin and we're all sad...but damn that. Let's give our RIP's but let's CELEBRATE that man's life.

Man I'm so glad to have been able to watch him perform in person at the Hard Knock Life concert. Bruh first came out spitting as Damien, and was high energy the whole time. Muthafucca had a asthma attack backstage...AND STILL came back out to perform his verse for Money, Cash, Hoes. GOATish

Last edited:
Dam. i was hoping for a miracle. Fuck it, its against office policy but both ear buds going in and im bumping X for the rest of the day at full volume. I dont care who calls. Im celebrating DMX today

Back