Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

get at me dog was his first radio single?...didn't care for it at the time..heard ruff riders anthem in my brothers ride and became an instant fan

Bring it was the pre football games turn up song

Almost every singe one of his hit records is played heavily t sporting events. DMX was really the first rapper that I ever remember getting his music blasted through speakers when we were playing against teams in the suburbs when I was a kid. We'd be 100 miles away from the city and in the layup line them white folks would have Party Up and X Gone Give It To Ya blasting through the speakers.

His music was felt in all different types of communities and it will live on forever.

Since 13yr old, I had no idea nor business in the lifestyle DMX was spitting about with so much rawness and emotion. But I became a fan instantly. He definitely played a part in my teenage years. DMX changed hip-hop forever, est. '97/'98.

Through it all, good or bad, he remained true to his craft. This one right here is very tough to grasp. So many what if, how, and why. But for what it is worth, if it means he is free from the evils of the world and his demons can't get the best of him, then we just gotta smile and be super grateful for the art and movement he left behind.

I pray for his family and loved ones, may God have mercy on his soul. RIP!

Back