Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Had to listen to this. X prayers were always on point.

View attachment 504981

Maaaannn...I didn't even know that muthafucca dropped an album until me and my ex....GRHS...walked in Best Buy. This was when they had the new releases in the front. So I just happened to glance over and saw THAT pic.

My first reaction...
788a6fb96c8fa7e39deaf57f873e5d4f.gif

"Da fucc??? Why...why is this nigga covered in blood?? Wh...why is this nigga in a bathtub full of bloo...wait. Is this a new album??? He JUST released his 1st one a couple of months ago!"

*checks tracklisting on back*

When I found out he dropped whole notha album, I was at the register like...
tenor-1.gif

Lol!

See the source image

See the source image

Yea this one hurts

I still have his CDs and even some old movies on DVD like Never Die Alone, Cradle 2 the Grave, Romeo Must Die, and Exit Wounds

Wish he could have seen the support he was getting and know he was forgotten. Always loved his style

RIP to a legend
I've got those movies too, Mike

My Cradle 2 The Grave dvd is a bootleg lol...I've had it since the movie came out

I wish he knew how special and worthy he was

Yeah I got to get back to work. I been stunned and hadn't been able to pull away from all the posts and videos and music being posted all over the net.

When I get home though it's on. X music, vids, and tributes all weekend.

When I first got the news on his condition, my heart started racing, which is unusual for me. So I purposefully steered clear of all news on his condition. Hoping to see him in an interview talking bout slipping, once again and getting back up.

Never before have I truly felt sadness over the death of a public figure until now.

Nigga "sold his soul" and spent the rest of his life tryna absolve himself. Showing a level of vulnerability that made him across as just a human with an amazing musical gift, rather the usual; an artist with a well-crafted image/public persona.

Didn't rap about being an expert marksman, or heading a drug empire, he was just Earl 'DMX' Simmons, bearing his soul in his tracks.

Got watery eyes, can't believe I'm being emotional. This shit hurts bad.

Back