Welcome To aBlackWeb

Diddy vs JD Verzuz (?)

The power of suggestion is truly amazing

Nobody would be saying JD is not on puff's level if puff didn't say it 1st

Same shit happened when biggie died, puff started proclaiming him the greatest of all time. It was pure propaganda and people ran with it just because puff said so, not because biggie actually was the goat with only 2 albums released

I'm not adding an additional rule. Feel me on this, JD got hits, but his strength is RnB. Is just they not gon ring off like that against puff rap catalog. Is not a good battle for JD.

The bold is simply your opinion. JD has R&B hits that can stand up to most hip-hop hits. I'm sure the numbers would back that up.

The power of suggestion is truly amazing

Nobody would be saying JD is not on puff's level if puff didn't say it 1st

Same shit happened when biggie died, puff started proclaiming him the greatest of all time. It was pure propaganda and people ran with it just because puff said so, not because biggie actually was the goat with only 2 albums released

Pls. So NOONE thought biggie was GOAT until puff said it. Oooook

U tripping. You know that king of NY shit was popping waaaaavy before he died. Dude took the crown from everyone that had it (regardless of region) b4 he came out. Thus putting himself in the greatest convo. Dude ran rap when the competition was at its PEAK in hip hop history. Wu tang, Nas, pac, snoop, ice cube, Redman, dre. Big was arguably the best at the time.

Diddy don't sound scared. He wants a bigger fish bc he obviously sees himself bigger than JD

Naw I’m not gonna front, B. I don’t think Diddy is SCARED. I don’t think there’s a man alive that did would be SCARED of in a verzuz.

But I also think he knows that JD has the catalogue that can potentially beat his, depending on the song matchups.

Here's my problem with the match up.

Jermaine Dupri is largely known for working with Kriss Kross, Da Brat, and Bow Wow. As far as I remember, those are his artists that he discovered.

But I've always thought they were kinda corny compared to Biggie, 2Pac, Wu Tang, Nas, Jay, etc.

JD has some solid R&B records, but his rap resume is kinda light. Yeah those Kross Kross records were hits, but I don't think Jump is a good match up against anything Biggie did.

If Puff sticks to Hip Hop he'll win. If Puff tries to compete with R&B records JD can beat him.

You still don't get that it's about hits, do you? You're adding an additional rule, that doesn't exist, to bolster your claim that Diddy is a level above JD. They go hit for hit. Not hip-hop hit for hip-hop hit or R&B hit for R&B hit. Hit for hit.
Thats when the verzuz was on people phones and cameras ,but now its in arenas and other venues the rules change. Thats why JD was like,"but you gotta play songs you actually produce"

Jermaine Dupri is largely known for working with Kriss Kross, Da Brat, and Bow Wow. As far as I remember, those are his artists that he discovered.

But I've always thought they were kinda corny compared to Biggie, 2Pac, Wu Tang, Nas, Jay, etc.

JD has some solid R&B records, but his rap resume is kinda light. Yeah those Kross Kross records were hits, but I don't think Jump is a good match up against anything Biggie did.

If Puff sticks to Hip Hop he'll win. If Puff tries to compete with R&B records JD can beat him.
I don't think it would be a good verzuz if the only thing Diddy plays are rap songs.

Thats when the verzuz was on people phones and cameras ,but now its in arenas and other venues the rules change. Thats why JD was like,"but you gotta play songs you actually produce"

It's always been songs the person either produced, wrote, performed or all of the above. JD said that for a very specific reason and it's been stated in this thread multiple times.

Eh

My favorite Dre song was co produced by Scott Storch and written by Jay Z and Dre gets all the credit.

Hits are hits. Just that people are getting real technical.

JD got other hip hop joints too!

"Grillz" for Nelly
"Money, Hoes and Power" for UGK
"Keep On Keepin' On for MC Lyte
"What Da Hook Gon Be" for Murphy Lee
"Not Tonight" for Lil Kim
"Cheat On You" for Ma$e
"Money Ain't A Thang" for Jay-Z
"Da Ballers" for Master P
"Havin' Things" for Warren G
"Get Off Me" for Ludacris
"Never Scared" for Bone Crusher
"Oh, I Think They Like Me" for Dem Franchise Boyz
"On Some Real" for Daz

Dude got some nice Hip Hop joints, it may not be dope dealing, mafioso rap like BIG, The L.O.X. and Black Rob.

JD got other hip hop joints too!

"Grillz" for Nelly
"Money, Hoes and Power" for UGK
"Keep On Keepin' On for MC Lyte
"What Da Hook Gon Be" for Murphy Lee
"Not Tonight" for Lil Kim
"Cheat On You" for Ma$e
"Money Ain't A Thang" for Jay-Z
"Da Ballers" for Master P
"Havin' Things" for Warren G
"Get Off Me" for Ludacris
"Never Scared" for Bone Crusher
"Oh, I Think They Like Me" for Dem Franchise Boyz
"On Some Real" for Daz

Dude got some nice Hip Hop joints, it may not be dope dealing, mafioso rap like BIG, The L.O.X. and Black Rob.

Yeah I don't know how old you are or what coast you're from, but those songs you picked are kinda lame compared to

Juicy
Big Poppa
One More Chance Remix
Money Power Respect
Flavor In Your Ear
Whoa
The Benjamins
Been Around The World
Hypnotize
10 Crack Commandments
Mo Money Mo Problems
We'll Always Love Big Poppa
You Used To Love Me

Perhaps it's East Coast bias, but P Diddy has Hip Hop on lock and there's only a handful of Rap producers that can look him in the eye.

The only Hip Hop songs you posted that could win are Never Scared and Money Ain't A Thing.

Then again, I'm from the East Coast

Yeah I don't know how old you are or what coast you're from, but those songs you picked are kinda lame compared to

Juicy
Big Poppa
One More Chance Remix
Money Power Respect
Flavor In Your Ear
Whoa
The Benjamins
Been Around The World
Hypnotize
10 Crack Commandments
Mo Money Mo Problems
We'll Always Love Big Poppa
You Used To Love Me

Perhaps it's East Coast bias, but P Diddy has Hip Hop on lock and there's only a handful of Rap producers that can look him in the eye.

The only Hip Hop songs you posted that could win are Never Scared and Money Ain't A Thing.

Then again, I'm from the East Coast

I'm 38 and I'm from the south.
If you actually read what I posted you would see I said, other hip hop songs he produced.
I wasn't trying to compare them to Biggie joints or any of the R&B joints, I just said JD did more hip hop joints.

Back