Welcome To aBlackWeb

Diddy vs JD Verzuz (?)

The good ole but he doesn't play every instrument! argument lol. But Ma$e wrote for him argument

But folks need to understand on that platform, a person not facing Puff, they facing Bad Boy. Same with JD and SoSo Def and even Dre with Death Row/Aftermath

To me this is bigger than a single producing/writing credit, this is truly the first label vs label Verzuz we'd have

This ain't Just and Swizz spinning records in a back office amongst they friends. This a club where Diddy and JD yelling to they sound man, yo play MY shit! and we all know that's everything with a BB/SSD tag, mention, imprint, or artist.

And no slight to JD at all but when we talking label talk, Bay Boy hits different and it should be ok to admit that

Here's my problem with the match up.

Jermaine Dupri is largely known for working with Kriss Kross, Da Brat, and Bow Wow. As far as I remember, those are his artists that he discovered.

But I've always thought they were kinda corny compared to Biggie, 2Pac, Wu Tang, Nas, Jay, etc.

JD has some solid R&B records, but his rap resume is kinda light. Yeah those Kross Kross records were hits, but I don't think Jump is a good match up against anything Biggie did.

If Puff sticks to Hip Hop he'll win. If Puff tries to compete with R&B records JD can beat him.
get off biggie dick bruh . badboy had more artist lol

Yeah this very reason is why Mo Bee never worked with Big again after the first album.

I recall reading an article some time ago where he speaks about taking issue with Puff taking a producer credit over beats he made for Biggie. He didn't like that shit and let it be known, and Puff just stopped fuckin wit em.
but dre did the same shit wit deathrow producers

but dre did the same shit wit deathrow producers

I'm aware of the stories. I ain't cool with Dre's other co-producers not getting their proper credit either. But none of my own posts in here have to do with Dre.

Even til this day, I'm still a fan of the classic Bad Boy sound. My main gripe against Puff during this whole "Diddy/JD Verzuz" news cycle been strictly about Puff's AUDACITY to flex like JD ain't even in his league, when Puffy has damn near zero claim of musicianship over any of the records credited to him.

That nigga don't songwrite, compose, program drums, or play instruments.

Last edited:
JD got other hip hop joints too!

"Grillz" for Nelly
"Money, Hoes and Power" for UGK
"Keep On Keepin' On for MC Lyte
"What Da Hook Gon Be" for Murphy Lee
"Not Tonight" for Lil Kim
"Cheat On You" for Ma$e
"Money Ain't A Thang" for Jay-Z
"Da Ballers" for Master P
"Havin' Things" for Warren G
"Get Off Me" for Ludacris
"Never Scared" for Bone Crusher
"Oh, I Think They Like Me" for Dem Franchise Boyz
"On Some Real" for Daz

Dude got some nice Hip Hop joints, it may not be dope dealing, mafioso rap like BIG, The L.O.X. and Black Rob.

You just helped everyone's case about why JD would get destroyed on the rap records. That list gonna be super weak vs puff rap tracks

I think the main issue I'm seeing here is Diddys credibility for what he is credited for. It's a legit issue seeing that people that have worked with him have called him out.

That's something that JD has to press him on. I doubt he would.

Regardless of how people here may feel about him, how can we dismiss music he's credited on as fraudulent? Who here is privy to that information?

Regardless of how people here may feel about him, how can we dismiss music he's credited on as fraudulent? Who here is privy to that information?

Bruh someone just posted an article bout why Easy Mo Bee stopped working with him.

Then there's stuff like this...

It's clear that Buckwild did 90% of the beat with Chucky Thompson coming in to rework the sample so it can clear.

Take a fukn guess whose the 3rd person listed on the production credits.. :foh5:

That's how we know he's fukn fraudulent.

JD got other hip hop joints too!

"Grillz" for Nelly
"Money, Hoes and Power" for UGK
"Keep On Keepin' On for MC Lyte
"What Da Hook Gon Be" for Murphy Lee
"Not Tonight" for Lil Kim
"Cheat On You" for Ma$e
"Money Ain't A Thang" for Jay-Z
"Da Ballers" for Master P
"Havin' Things" for Warren G
"Get Off Me" for Ludacris
"Never Scared" for Bone Crusher
"Oh, I Think They Like Me" for Dem Franchise Boyz
"On Some Real" for Daz

Dude got some nice Hip Hop joints, it may not be dope dealing, mafioso rap like BIG, The L.O.X. and Black Rob.
niggas too blinded by bow wow and kriss cross to pay homage

See the source image

Back