Welcome To aBlackWeb

@Soul_Rattler

I think Gal Gadot is fine as Wonder Woman.

I like how she kinda comes off as genuine in the roles. Like the 1st Wonder Woman she did a great job of acting like everything she encountered was new and interesting to her and in this one she really comes off as a good person who was really interested in Dr. Minerva when they got dinner and hung out. She does a good job being a goody 2 shoes so to speak. Lol.

I think it's unfair to judge her against Chris Evan's because he had more films being Captain America and his character arc changed drastically from how it 1st was depicted
I agree I like Gal as WW too.

But I'm referring to people saying her acting is "wooden". Her character has more of a reason to clash or depart from social cues than Captain America does. He's a few decades removed from his time in the same country he grew up in. She on the other hand is at least a few centuries old and spent the majority on an isolated island with only Amazons to relate to.

You take that into account, and I think Gal knocks it out of the park. And how she's gradually learning how to balance compassion for humanity, pity for Minerva, love for Steve Trevor, and suspicion/disgust for the drunk in the park and Max Lord... it's something to behold.

Unlike Steve Rodgers who really has no reason to be the way he is personality wise. He had military bearing before ever being in the military. He had a deep longing love for Peggy after a few brief conversations and eye contact. Even his "I can do this all day" willpower is just a byproduct of his narcissism that demands that he be the one to save the day, even if he's woefully in over his head.

I agree I like Gal as WW too.

But I'm referring to people saying her acting is "wooden". Her character has more of a reason to clash or depart from social cues than Captain America does. He's a few decades removed from his time in the same country he grew up in. She on the other hand is at least a few centuries old and spent the majority on an isolated island with only Amazons to relate to.

You take that into account, and I think Gal knocks it out of the park. And how she's gradually learning how to balance compassion for humanity, pity for Minerva, love for Steve Trevor, and suspicion/disgust for the drunk in the park and Max Lord... it's something to behold.

Unlike Steve Rodgers who really has no reason to be the way he is personality wise. He had military bearing before ever being in the military. He had a deep longing love for Peggy after a few brief conversations and eye contact. Even his "I can do this all day" willpower is just a byproduct of his narcissism that demands that he be the one to save the day, even if he's woefully in over his head.

I think the "I can do this all day" quote has nothing to do with narcissism and everything to do with how they framed it in the 1st Captain America film and that's him standing up to bullies or folks who is doing the little people wrong. That's why the 1st time he used it in films is when he was a scrawny guy getting beat up in an alley by bigger guys. But hey, you took from that line something different so it is what it is. LMAO

I do think the relationship angle for Cap was hella fast but so was Diana with Steve. Lol. Most movies do that though. It's very rare to watch any genre film where they don't shoe horn in some type of love interest these days.

I 100% agree about Diana having a totally different point of view of humanity though. She was isolated until she was a young adult from the world and has lived way longer than Steve

Lol nah nigga was hating on black panther now he hating on soul my nigga

I’m not having it!

So Du doing what he usually do and hating in some other thread

But mad that it's happening in one of his beloved DC threads

tenor.gif

I think the "I can do this all day" quote has nothing to do with narcissism and everything to do with how they framed it in the 1st Captain America film and that's him standing up to bullies or folks who is doing the little people wrong. That's why the 1st time he used it in films is when he was a scrawny guy getting beat up in an alley by bigger guys. But hey, you took from that line something different so it is what it is. LMAO

I do think the relationship angle for Cap was hella fast but so was Diana with Steve. Lol. Most movies do that though. It's very rare to watch any genre film where they don't shoe horn in some type of love interest these days.

I 100% agree about Diana having a totally different point of view of humanity though. She was isolated until she was a young adult from the world and has lived way longer than Steve
The alley fight was really the only time his "I can do this all day" thing works because he had no other option. But literally every other time, it was hubris. He could have called or waited for backup, or in Civil War's case, just stopped being Captain Save-A-Bucky. On this point we can agree to disagree. I love Cap's character... I just don't like him.

With the love inrerest thing, Steve was literally the first man Diana ever met and luckily he looks like Chris Pine NH and not some fat ugly slob. Cap on the other hand went for the first chick that was available after he took his steroids.

I can't believe y'all really on this bullshit.

But whatever, I'm already fighting for my life on Facebook.

But everybody LOVED soul. Niggaz is plants for Disney. I'm convinced.

For me it ain't even about being a die-hard for Disney it's just amazing to me how incompetent WB is with DC movies. Marvel actually took years to plan the movies they wanted to put out and actually USED the stories from the comics and for them to actually make sense to the point that the ideas would branch out into other movies.

For the few movies we got in 7 years from WB for DC movies, it's so much BS behind it that when they make the very few good films they have they make about 3 steps forward and for every lackluster or shit film they end up going falling like 5-6 steps on they ass.

That's a low bar

Nah a really low bar would be me even giving ratings to Sucide Squad & that abomination of a Harley Quinn movie. At this point after the Synder JL cut hit HBO Max in mid-March WB can throw the DCEU in the garbage disposal. I don't know what it is about WB but they are like the "can't get right" studio when it comes to superhero films *smh*

Them execs need to leave them directors alone and let them do their work.

Rewatching...

Yo for any kat that knows. Was/is Barbara/Cheetah's mythology correct in this movie?

Was she that cliche "nerd" nobody notice me before and I envy the hero character?

Naw they made their own origin for cheetah...

But I honestly think these movies bring out the worst critics in people... It's crazy

Nobody hated the movie that much.
And the shit really wasn't no where close to as bad as they making it out to be

But whenever DC niggaz leap frog over reach other to see who can hate on shit the hardest.

Calm the fuck down ??‍♂️

Back