Welcome To aBlackWeb

Only thing I dont get is that Dr.M at one time was a man. It's not that he doesnt get racism, it's just that the concept of its importance in the larger scheme of things is unimportant.

So if angela is infused with the powers of Dr.M she too is infused with the knowledge of the universe that he has. Why then would her race matter to her still. Since race is merely a few strains of DNA that dictate what we look like?

he did initially start off as a white man didnt he?

Few questions

1. what happened to the black cop who got shot in the first ep and did they mean to get caught?

2. Was the only purpose of the lettuce to eventually lead Looking Glass to get Angela arrested?

3.How did Will put his hand in boiling water and drink that hot coffee?

4. Wusup with that Panda and Lubeman spinoff?

he did initially start off as a white man didnt he?

Yeah he was a white man.

He was a Jewish man from Nazi Germany.

But,he has been a blue man/god longer than he was a white man.

To him a lot of things humans fight over are trivial period,but in all fairness he chose to fall in love with Hooded Justice's granddaughter and eventually die fighting white supremacy knowing he would die.

He couldn't change dying,but he still always made the choice to take on Hooded Justice and Angela's cause.

White man cant care about racist? I mean he actively nerfed himself to be with a black woman. Wouldnt It be logical that...

As a white man.. maybe it just wasn't a priority for him. It's been shown that while he can see the larger picture overall.. he still has some will/choice in the matter on which shit he see's fit to address.

He had the same knowledge when he CHOSE to get involved in the vietnam shit right? He can pick and choose which causes he feel is worthy of his attention.

Like Louis Gossett Jr. said... "He coulda did more".. he chose not to

As a white man.. maybe it just wasn't a priority for him. It's been shown that while he can see the larger picture overall.. he still has some will/choice in the matter on which shit he see's fit to address.

He had the same knowledge when he CHOSE to get involved in the vietnam shit right? He can pick and choose which causes he feel is worthy of his attention.

Like Louis Gossett Jr. said... "He coulda did more".. he chose not to
Faced with the plight of humanity before, he chose to go to Mars, then to the moon of Jupiter to create humanity again. That bored him,...

So

He nerfed himself for the love of a black woman

:imsayin:

Fam...peep the parallel

Faced with the plight of humanity before, he chose to go to Mars, then to the moon of Jupiter to create humanity again. That bored him,...

So

He nerfed himself for the love of a black woman

:imsayin:

Fam...peep the parallel

him getting bored with his creations and ducking the fuck out shows he can pick and choose what he decides to put his attention to.

Knowing all that he knows... he still allowed for white supremacy and racism.. sounds about white

If Angela got the powers... she might adopt that apathy at some point but initially I dont think she would let that racist shit rock at all. Pure speculation tho *shrugs*

him getting bored with his creations and ducking the fuck out shows he can pick and choose what he decides to put his attention to.

Knowing all that he knows... he still allowed for white supremacy and racism.. sounds about white

If Angela got the powers... she might adopt that apathy at some point but initially I dont think she would let that racist shit rock at all. Pure speculation tho *shrugs*
Yea that's what I mean in my initial point..how do you eradicate racism. And once she realizes how minuet it is. What's the significance of her having his powers and he having them. They both just end up omnipotent beings. I mean, she would be able to tell within an instant if any of what she could do would eradicate racism. Who's to say he didnt as well. That being the case, what point does it make if it's her or him.

Technically he allowed a whole bunch of shit ,but also he couldn't solve all of the world's problems.

Dr. Manhattan is supposed to be symbolic of the power of nuclear weapons and nuclear power.

It's like that question of what would you do if you were God.

Everybody assumes they could do everything right and fix everything.

Even though Dr Manhattan is like a God,he is not God and not the creator of earth.

He can't control human nature and when he tried to invent things to help ppl they got banned because of Ozy's cancer scheme.

The lithium based inventions he made were used to imprison him.

Yea that's what I mean in my initial point..how do you eradicate racism. And once she realizes how minuet it is. What's the significance of her having his powers and he having them. They both just end up omnipotent beings. I mean, she would be able to tell within an instant if any of what she could do would eradicate racism. Who's to say he didnt as well. That being the case, what point does it make if it's her or him.

I posted this a page or two back from the showrunner

EL4Ro1XWoAAyc7S.jpg-large.jpeg

Never..... interested.....lol

He was a jewish kid, why didn't he take on anti semitism? He helped Nixon for gawd sakes who was a noted anti semite

Exactly.Dr M barely cared if a person was alive or dead at 1 point let alone black or white.

Also why doesn't "God" stop racism,homelessness,injustice,violence etc in the real world?

What stops Angela from becoming the same once infused with his awareness?

The show runner explicitly saying that she... with the same powers dr. Manhattan had would ACTIVELY take on the same white supremacy that the original manhattan purposely ignored

Back