Welcome To aBlackWeb

I finally finished. This was a great series and Regina King did her thing! The Hooded Justice episode was crazy dope! Veight was a great character and storyline too!

Everything was dope until Dr. Manhattan came into the picture. It just wasn’t believable that this omnipotent being would fall in love with Regina King’s character just because she wasn’t going to allow him to be taken by the white supremacists. I would have liked it better had they not even pulled Dr. Manhattan into it at all. It was dope without him. Almost like they got scared and they threw him in at the last minute as a safeguard.

And him being the blue version of Cal was off putting given the movie version of Dr. Manhattan. It’s like they tried but fell short in capturing the essence of Dr. Manhattan. Dude lacked that arrogance that the movie version had. Or it seemed forced and contrived.

I finally finished. This was a great series and Regina King did her thing! The Hooded Justice episode was crazy dope! Veight was a great character and storyline too!

Everything was dope until Dr. Manhattan came into the picture. It just wasn’t believable that this omnipotent being would fall in love with Regina King’s character just because she wasn’t going to allow him to be taken by the white supremacists. I would have liked it better had they not even pulled Dr. Manhattan into it at all. It was dope without him. Almost like they got scared and they threw him in at the last minute as a safeguard.

And him being the blue version of Cal was off putting given the movie version of Dr. Manhattan. It’s like they tried but fell short in capturing the essence of Dr. Manhattan. Dude lacked that arrogance that the movie version had. Or it seemed forced and contrived.

It makes sense if you think about it from the perspective of everybody else he ever met after he was Dr Manhattan wanted to use him for something but she never did - he used her. And she knew it but went along with it anyway. It's why he felt like she was the only person worthy enough to pick up the mantle.

Remember when Lou Gosset Jr was like "he coulda done more"? Everybody on the planet was thinking the same exact thing (hence the dr manhattan booths that Lady True set up - she though she could do more once she had his powers) but in reality - once you reach that level you stop caring about people problems because all those problems people could actually fix for themselves. That's why dude was on Europa creating new life.

It makes sense if you think about it from the perspective of everybody else he ever met after he was Dr Manhattan wanted to use him for something but she never did - he used her. And she knew it but went along with it anyway. It's why he felt like she was the only person worthy enough to pick up the mantle.

Remember when Lou Gosset Jr was like "he coulda done more"? Everybody on the planet was thinking the same exact thing (hence the dr manhattan booths that Lady True set up - she though she could do more once she had his powers) but in reality - once you reach that level you stop caring about people problems because all those problems people could actually fix for themselves. That's why dude was on Europa creating new life.
I guess I’m having trouble separating movie version from TV version. You’re probably right in saying she was the only one that would try to save him instead of looking to him as a savior.

But movie version seemed more true to what a Dr. Manhattan might actually be like. TV version was a simp that seemed too wide eyed and naive to the shit going on.

I don't think nightking was placed under the same Regina King spell the rest of us were....

She was amazing in this series. All you gotta do is watch the scene when Angela got the call about the dude being dead to understand it all....

We called this shit out pages ago..... And I know it seems silly. But Dr M is Zeus. He comes off Mt Olympus to fuck something.... And Angela had that snapper

I don't think nightking was placed under the same Regina King spell the rest of us were....

She was amazing in this series. All you gotta do is watch the scene when Angela got the call about the dude being dead to understand it all....

We called this shit out pages ago..... And I know it seems silly. But Dr M is Zeus. He comes off Mt Olympus to fuck something.... And Angela had that snapper
Nah, I even said Regina King was amazing in this. I just didn’t like this version of Dr. Manhattan.

And to your Zeus point, he ain’t just come down to fuck, he came down for love, and his reasoning for loving her was a stretch.

Also this series followed the comic books not the movie.

The movie made a few slight changes that create a different dynamic that makes the series seem a bit off, but if you read the books.. Then it's more on point.

The comics showed that on top of everything Dr M was lonely.

Those close to him knew that.... Ozy had that device on deck for him bcuz he knew he could trap Dr m in a human body.... He just couldn't fabricate a reason.... And the second Dr m found another woman.... He didn't hesitate to present the option to him.....

Dr m weakness was always women. When he thought he gave an old lover cancer... He lost it....

When Jupiter didn't want to be with him any more, he left the planet.

Like those were the important things to him. So he was always a simp

And because he views time differently, anyone who is perceptive enough to understand and manipulate that would easily be attractive to him. She literally had a conversation with someone in the past thru him because she understood how he was in both times at the same time.

Not only was that great writing... But Angela used his powers in a way he never even thought of despite trying to explain it to people countless times....I guess he felt it was worth spending time with her as a man.... Even if it meant danger

Dr. Manhattan is the star of Watchmen and one of ,if not the most interesting comic book heroes of all time IMO.

Shiiiiiit if a chick got straps and started blasting niggas for me,she's a keeper.I think that is realistic.

You can't have a Watchmen story w/out Dr M,well now you can,but anyway.

No,they didn't throw him him in.IDK why you would continue this story and not include him?

LOL how was he "thrown in" when he was always in the story from day 1?

Nah this show was perfection and the ending was great.Even if you nit pick some things,overall they executed this great.

Last edited:
Also this series followed the comic books not the movie.

The movie made a few slight changes that create a different dynamic that makes the series seem a bit off, but if you read the books.. Then it's more on point.

The comics showed that on top of everything Dr M was lonely.

Those close to him knew that.... Ozy had that device on deck for him bcuz he knew he could trap Dr m in a human body.... He just couldn't fabricate a reason.... And the second Dr m found another woman.... He didn't hesitate to present the option to him.....

Dr m weakness was always women. When he thought he gave an old lover cancer... He lost it....

When Jupiter didn't want to be with him any more, he left the planet.

Like those were the important things to him. So he was always a simp

IDK if Regina or women was a weakness for Dr M?

Lady Triue was gonna try to kill Dr M no matter where he was.

She knew when he was on Europa too.

The way I see it is that Dr. M knew he would die and because he is just a puppet that can see the strings there was nothing he could do to stop it.

But because of Regina and Hooded Justice,he saw a meaning and reason to let it happen as it had to and kill a white supremacists group and maniac on the way out

And,because of how he see's time like Laurie's joke in ep 3,he's already there.Dr M has always felt death.

Would DEFINITELY recommend giving the whole season a watch again. So many little things you pick up the 2nd time...

Angela definitely knew something was up the whole season

Yeah cause it was 10 years. She always knew something "tragic" was gonna happen then.

I'm just glad they spun-off the book instead of the piece of shit Zach Snyder film. We actually got someone who actually understood the source and was brave enough to do something daring with it.
I didn't expect it to be as good as it was... Please don't do another season.

I was listening to a podcast and somebody said something about "Dr Manhattan knew Vietnam would become a state" and had to fight in Vietnam because that's just always what he did.

That made me think about the fact that in a way DR. Manhattan made Angela by winning Vietnam making Vietnam a state and causing the hostility towards him and the US in Vietnam that led to Angela's parents getting killed and Angela being born and living in Vietnam.

While he didn't fight in Vietnam to meet Angela,Angela was always at the center of his most known act,winning Vietnam.

I was fine with the film as a matter o fact I own it
Wtf else type of story they got to tell me ozymandias(sp) did it and dr Manhattan dgaf about shit.
0f0b30f13c8ea9f2fabebee122963a02.jpg
My exact thoughts. Where are the nerds to explain to us?
I read the graphic novel as well
Hold this
mmg4z-gif.131096

This show ain't gon show me shit new
Find that hard to believe

These shits aged bad af.

@GNS
@silverfoxx

Hope you fools watched 2019's best show.

I ain't watch that shit

No doubt was the best TV experience of the yr

I will remember Watchmen more than dare I say,the GOT final season

And I didn't even hate the GOT final season like a lot of ppl.

The Boys and Watchmen were the best thing on TV for me this yr.

Watchmen is better than The Boys though.

Nah it's really a must to watch this show,if you have any interest in Watchmen.

Back