Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yea its all over social media, i mean did they promise him he'd get the part or something?? Otherwise i dont get it, his version doesnt fit at all its obvious they was wanting a more serious take on it, and i didnt even mind letos joker but that shit should stay in suicide squad universe
Yeah, I couldnā€™t see this version of Joker turning into a grill wearing, lambo driving, club owning gangster.

I could understand him being mad that he didnā€™t get to fully flesh out his vision for Joker though. You know he could have done a solo acting film justice given his talent. Not just this version of Joker.

Scorsese winning

I think he ghost directed this jawn

And with excellent reviews for The Irishman... He gonna clean up awards this season for both movies

First movie I seen on the big screen in like two years... With my missus last weekend

It was worth the price

So this is basically a story about a mentally ill man imagining he turns into the Joker in the early 80s? At least that's what I got at the end of the film...

The talk show scene where he blasts DeNiro was inspired by The Killing Joke... I think that's already been mentioned here

I liked the movie good enough, but couldn't quite get behind the hype (I saw people taking 8.5-9/10). I think what threw me a bit (and this could be because I'm not a comic book head), is that I always thought Joker was just an insane guy that wanted mayhem. In this though, his killings were directed at vengeance. I guess to me it's a story of a man snapping, and I get that. But when you make that man the Joker my expectation for his behavior is different.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW THIS*

I may have forgotten someone. Saw it a little while ago. But when I look at who he killed, it wasn't the killings of a chaos loving madman.

He killed the 3 dudes stomping him out on the train for no reason. Justifiable. It was self defense.

His mom. She lied to him all his life, and let him be basically tortured as a kid. You shouldn't smother your mom, but I understand why he did it. It wasn't just to create havoc.

His coworker. That dude was an asshole, and lied on him to get him fired. Not something to kill someone over, but shit... people do. He let the midget go because he was a nice guy.

De Niro. Joker was following his passion/dream and De Niro mocked him on TV, then brought him on to publicly embarrass him again. He didn't try to hurt ANYONE else around him. Just the guy that did that.

I liked the movie good enough, but couldn't quite get behind the hype (I saw people taking 8.5-9/10). I think what threw me a bit (and this could be because I'm not a comic book head), is that I always thought Joker was just an insane guy that wanted mayhem. In this though, his killings were directed at vengeance. I guess to me it's a story of a man snapping, and I get that. But when you make that man the Joker my expectation for his behavior is different.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW THIS*

I may have forgotten someone. Saw it a little while ago. But when I look at who he killed, it wasn't the killings of a chaos loving madman.

He killed the 3 dudes stomping him out on the train for no reason. Justifiable. It was self defense.

His mom. She lied to him all his life, and let him be basically tortured as a kid. You shouldn't smother your mom, but I understand why he did it. It wasn't just to create havoc.

His coworker. That dude was an asshole, and lied on him to get him fired. Not something to kill someone over, but shit... people do. He let the midget go because he was a nice guy.

De Niro. Joker was following his passion/dream and De Niro mocked him on TV, then brought him on to publicly embarrass him again. He didn't try to hurt ANYONE else around him. Just the guy that did that.
What about the counselor at the end? I think the premise was how he became the chaos loving madman. I think the killing at the end shows that he truly became the version you were looking for. The movie just shows that he didnā€™t get there spontaneously.

What about the counselor at the end? I think the premise was how he became the chaos loving madman. I think the killing at the end shows that he truly became the version you were looking for. The movie just shows that he didnā€™t get there spontaneously.

I don't even remember him killing her if he did. *EDIT* I remember now. I was thinking of his social worker. I thought that was just part of him trying to escape. I remember her telling him he's about to be SOL, and that nobody cares about them. But even with that I see him having anger directed at certain people, and pushing back against a system that's throwing him to the side.

The killing at the end to me was still him having anger directed at one person that wronged and humiliated him. He didn't shoot anyone else in the studio (like the old lady that was also a guest). In the cop car when the cop says look what you did as the city burns, and he smiles and says "ya" I could see a hint of him loving chaos.

Just to me he never went full psycho. He just didn't mind killing people that disrespected him.

Last edited:
it definitely wasnt comic book joker....

it was good, but nothing that really attached itself to me the way i feel the character normally does....

like this joker felt tormented....

comic joker genuinely loves what he does....he's a happy killer

i don't think this joker was ever having any fun....

i mean i know the steps scene seems like he is, but i viewed that as him feeling free from the things that held him down....it was more of a relief than humorous joy...like even at his most "joker" moment, i don't feel that he was having fun when he killed deniro....he still seemed upset....

it definitely wasnt comic book joker....

it was good, but nothing that really attached itself to me the way i feel the character normally does....

like this joker felt tormented....

comic joker genuinely loves what he does....he's a happy killer

i don't think this joker was ever having any fun....

i mean i know the steps scene seems like he is, but i viewed that as him feeling free from the things that held him down....it was more of a relief than humorous joy...like even at his most "joker" moment, i don't feel that he was having fun when he killed deniro....he still seemed upset....

Exactly. I feel like I was watching the story of a man snapping, and that was told well. But when that man's supposed to be the Joker, I feel like it missed the mark.

maybe in the sequel he'll take more joy in his killings... but this joker didn't and that's what separated him...

think jack Nicholson dude was laughing through all his joker kills...when he was shooting the one nigga while dancing....then talking to his corpse...

he was laughing at killing the guy with the buzzer, and a gain, laughing his ass off....

and most importantly, he actually used his joker venom on mad random innocent people...and thought the shit was hilarious....

heath ledger was geeking in the bank with his little side steps...."no i kill the bus driver"

then the pencil trick "ta daaaaa"

like this dude was lunching......phoenix dude was just angry as fuck

maybe in the sequel he'll take more joy in his killings... but this joker didn't and that's what separated him...

think jack Nicholson dude was laughing through all his joker kills...when he was shooting the one nigga while dancing....then talking to his corpse...

he was laughing at killing the guy with the buzzer, and a gain, laughing his ass off....

and most importantly, he actually used his joker venom on mad random innocent people...and thought the shit was hilarious....

heath ledger was geeking in the bank with his little side steps...."no i kill the bus driver"

They were talking like they didn't want to do a sequel, and if they do I feel like it'd have to be another origin story explaining why he just wants murder and mayhem. Also, with his following, they made him out to be the leader of a class war it seemed like (even though that wasn't his intention). The sequel would have to undo a lot of what's done.

Nicholson and Ledger Joker are Phoenixā€™s Joker years later. I think a man as demented as the Joker would have to snap as a man cause if he was just born that way heā€™d be put away long before he had the chance to develop that persona.

Nicholson and Ledger Joker are Phoenixā€™s Joker years later. I think a man as demented as the Joker would have to snap as a man cause if he was just born that way heā€™d be put away long before he had the chance to develop that persona.

They showed he snapped and went from normal to killer. But he killed people for a reason. They wronged him. Those other jokers killed because they loved the violence and chaos of it. With your theory he needs something to make him snap again, and make him want to kill just to kill.

Like @Duwop said the laughter is another example. Those other jokers laughed because they were psychos loving that shit. This joker laughs when he's uncomfortable. The others laughed when doing what made them most comfortable.

Instead of working backwards from who the Joker is to create his origin, they worked from the beginning and didn't meet the right ending.

They showed he snapped and went from normal to killer. But he killed people for a reason. They wronged him. Those other jokers killed because they loved the violence and chaos of it. With your theory he needs something to make him snap again, and make him want to kill just to kill.

Like @Duwop said the laughter is another example. Those other jokers laughed because they were psychos loving that shit. This joker laughs when he's uncomfortable. The others laughed when doing what made them most comfortable.

Instead of working backwards from who the Joker is to create his origin, they worked from the beginning and didn't meet the right ending.
I disagree. I think killing for a reason with no remorse is a gateway drug to killing for fun. It would take a while for someone to get to that level of psychosis, but itā€™d be totally plausible to start this way.

And like I said before, the laugh angle in this movie was genius. Who knows why heā€™s laughing? Is he uncomfortable, is he happy, is he scared?

But he did seem to enjoy killing his coworker and the talk show host. Didnā€™t he laugh during or after those killings? And wasnā€™t he kind of playful with the guards after killing the counselor at the end?

I hate when people go and try compare Jokers.

Heath actually had the dynamic and interaction with Batman to work off of. Joaquin Phoenix had nothing but a blank slate to work off of.

People can have favorites but you can't compare the two because it's 2 very different roles and stories.

Not trying to compare specific jokers, as much as compare who Joker is.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW THIS*

Lol the only two justified killings were the two first dudes he killed on the train. Running down and killing the third was not justified in any way.

Back