Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dave Chappelle against affordable housing in his neighborhood

Companies like this never go areas that’s nothing but land and do this.

They want to change the landscape of a established city that has necessities In place like plumbing etc and push out the folks.

It’s thousands of miles of open land they can do this on and start from the ground up but they don’t.

So if that's the case...then i can see why Dave is against this. The company is pretty much tryin to pull a wool over the eyes of the community it seems.

Again...if that is that is the case...then the "woke" folks should be siding wit Dave on this. Mainly b/c this is something they've been against from happening in THEIR OWN communities as well.

Sooooo...the uproar against him is mainly faux outrage. Folks truly not taking the time to read the FULL context of this. They read the (click bait) title, saw the vid, and pulled out their pitch forks and torches.

Again am I right...wrong...in the ballpark?

Dave supports the plan of 143 $300,000 -$650,000 homes being built. The price of those homes will RISE $100,000 due to the plan of duplexes and townhomes being scrapped.

Him and his community want the property being built to look a certain way. Why is that a problem?

Have you pivoted away from you stance on him keeping "poor" people out?

My second post in this thread I said Dave doesn’t want affordable housing because it will hurt his property value. That’s my argument he doesn’t want affordable housing because it will hurt his property value.

What affordable housing is depends on where you live. They are about to start selling homes on average $500,000. You have a way better chance of getting a home at $250,000 compared to $500,000. That’s more affordable. They can’t sell or the townhome or duplex for $250,000 because the homes cost that price. So let’s say a townhome is $150,000-$170,000. That’s more affordable. Even at $200,000 that’s still more affordable.

Regardless of the race that moves in that entire village is changing. Everyone’s property taxes and property value is going to rise. Traffic will get heavy. Schools have to be built. Infrastructure upgrades. Dave is fine with this. He just doesn’t want the cheaper options. That won’t allow his property value to rise as fast. If the townhomes/duplexes have some crime his property value takes a hit.

We taking the argument off what it is. Dave don’t want affordable housing. That’s the truth. He has the right to feel like that. That’s his property and his neighborhood. But it is what is. He don’t want it.

How will it hurt his property value? Them coming all will raise regardless if you thank Affordable housing will be there (stop saying affordable housing though because its not at all)

Nasty shit out here, B.

The media can't cancel Dave outright, so they cook up shit to make him look like a elitist.

Nasty.

giphy.gif

I feel what you're saying, but your desire to make some extra money shouldn't outweigh other people's ability actually get a home.
I come from the mud, I worked hard as shit to accomplish the things I’ve accomplished AFTER doing a prison bid… I guess what I’m trying to say is, if a person want something bad enough they need to get up and go get that shit… Fuck waiting around for somebody to do something for you..

I'm w Dave. Nothin in this dude history would suggest he on some fuck shit. We been here w Dave. Dave takes a stand against a powerful group/organization, he gets vilified....don't drunk the Kool aid.

I come from the mud, I worked hard as shit to accomplish the things I’ve accomplished AFTER doing a prison bid… I guess what I’m trying to say is, if a person want something bad enough they need to get up and go get that shit… Fuck waiting around for somebody to do something for you..

Expecting governments that you fund with your tax dollars to do something about absurdly high housing costs so that you can afford to buy something with the money you worked hard to earn isn't waiting around for somebody to do something for you.

People can get homes all over the place. May not be in the area some want, but that just means you have to put in work to afford a better home.

If it was that easy, we wouldn't have a housing problem in this country. Your reasoning reads like typical Republican "If you can't do something, it must be because you're not working hard enough" rhetoric.". If that's how you think, well have to agree to disagree because I don't feel like going into all the readings why that's wrong.

If it was that easy, we wouldn't have a housing problem in this country. Your reasoning reads like typical Republican "If you can't do something, it must be because you're not working hard enough" rhetoric.". If that's how you think, well have to agree to disagree because I don't feel like going into all the readings why that's wrong.

It’s plenty of places where folks can afford to buy. They just want to be in the places where EVERYBODY want to be.

Also. Millennials and GenZ is the generation that don’t want to own homes and a large number is against the idea of somebody owning a piece of land.

It’s plenty of places where folks can afford to buy. They just want to be in the places where EVERYBODY want to be.

Also. Millennials and GenZ is the generation that don’t want to own homes and a large number is against the idea of somebody owning a piece of land.

Bruh, I live in the DC area. You gotta damn near move hours away to get a decent house in the upper 300s-400s range, which is basically out of a lot of people's range. I had a house that I put up at 290K and it sold for 310K in like a nanosecond even with it needing about 20K in work. Why? Because getting that price in this area is unheard of. There are plenty of areas in the country like this. Stop it.

Bruh, I live in the DC area. You gotta damn near move hours away to get a decent house in the upper 300s-400s range, which is basically out of a lot of people's range. I had a house that I put up at 290K and it sold for 310K in like a nanosecond even with it needing about 20K in work. Why? Because getting that price in this area is unheard of. There are plenty of areas in the country like this. Stop it.

You say plenty buy it’s only places everybody “want” o be cool/fun area.

maybe it’s because I live in Texas and use to driving. But you can live outside of Dallas and find a nice house for cheaper.

but I will say since everybody from the west coast and northeast trying to move here it’s causing even the outer areas prices are going up that’s because folks are buying houses way over value and my neighbor that lve in last week is proof. He offered the owner 50K over value for the house. He is from NY and part of the problem

You say plenty buy it’s only places everybody “want” o be cool/fun area.

maybe it’s because I live in Texas and use to driving. But you can live outside of Dallas and find a nice house for cheaper.

but I will say since everybody from the west coast and northeast trying to move here it’s causing even the outer areas prices are going up that’s because folks are buying houses way over value and my neighbor that lve in last week is proof. He offered the owner 50K over value for the house. He is from NY and part of the problem

Most people choose where they live based on opportunity not "because it's the IN place to be." Yes, you can go down south and find places with 100K houses, but that doesn't mean those places will accommodate the needs of everyone looking for a home right now. If you live in an area and have a job, you shouldn't have to move halfway across the country just to find a spot in your price range.

Th
Most people choose where they live based on opportunity not "because it's the IN place to be." Yes, you can go down south and find places with 100K houses, but that doesn't mean those places will accommodate the needs of everyone looking for a home right now. If you live in an area and have a job, you shouldn't have to move halfway across the country just to find a spot in your price range.
That is true but that’s only part of the reason.

I remember when Woodbridge was the place to get a decent spot on the low. Now that shit damn near Alexandria/Arlington prices and you 45 min to an hour away from the city and that's without traffic.

Man I brand new apartment that just got built last year went from $1600 to $2400 in less than a year and that is just renting. Fuck buying a house. This shit is ridiculous. Fuck that property during a riot bruh. Burn that shit down. This country is just greedy

I'm still lol @ niggas in here saying that people move to cities for fun. NoVA is about to open an Amazon depot and some other shit. People are moving up here because they hope to be able to find a damn job.

I'm still lol @ niggas in here saying that people move to cities for fun. NoVA is about to open an Amazon depot and some other shit. People are moving up here because they hope to be able to find a damn job.

You really think folks don’t? Are you serious? I lived in LA for like 3 years and met so many folks moving to LA because it’s LA.

I know a few that did the same to South Florida and even more to Atlanta.

You can’t be serious

Back