Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

race? ... is it?

Wherever you are going with this.. which i'm sure is going to lead to insults and snarky remarks rather than providing information or anything constructive to this conversation.. im not here for that. Move along sis

so a preteen

got it

My main issue with this is that the song is bad.

I don't understand why when a lightskin person, celebrates their features, it is automatically perceived as a diss to non-lightskin people everywhere.

Lightskinned people never tried to genocide a whole a race. Lightskin people never colonized anybody. Lightskin people don't hold 95 percent of the wealth in America. Lightskin people for all intents and purposes, are not a threat to anybody's life or wellbeing.

Black Americans are probably the only group of POC that isn't obsessed with skintone to the point of rampant skin bleaching because we emphasized pride in being Black, no matter the shade. We don't have a formal caste system. We aren't divided.

Every Black person has been mocked and insulted about their features by another Black person coming up, no matter shade or gender, some get harsher than others, it's a rite of passage and you can see it on social media right now. Attractive people at the end of the day are treated better, it's a fact of life. But that doesn't mean you can't have pride in who you are, as an individual.

It's called self-esteem, self-respect, self-confidence for a reason. If you wanna perceive a trashy and innocuous song with the lyrics, "Yellow bone is what he want." as a an insult...like you got nothing serious going on in your life. She got attention for being lightskin and attractive, even though it's negative. Attention is attention, a pedestal is a pedestal. If she said something extremely vulgar and disrespectful, I would understand.

Last edited:
People can pay attention to multiple things at once.
So you saying you can not think of three things at once?

Facts. I'm just sayin... 7 (9 now) pages for a song I'm fairly certain half of us didn't listen to from an artist we barely knew existed before now rapping/singing about something that would get you laughed off the block for getting mad at in real life? @silverfoxx just put out a tape Monday (Silver Cold Nights Ep. 2 on Spotify... treat yourself don't cheat yourself) that's worth more of a conversation than this dumb shit. I'm ashamed to say this is my second post in this thread... and I still didn't hear the song yet.

If it was a diss to one person why it’s called yella bone

Ha ha do niggas not understand when you diss someone you are a savage about it??

What da hell? In fact @Race Jones I don't know you but I read a thread where u went at a poster and you were a going H.A.M on them!? Isn't this not the same energy she is given on a diss...

My main issue with this is that the song is bad.

I don't understand why when a lightskin person, celebrates their lightskinned, it is automatically perceived as a diss to non-lightskin people everywhere.

Not like lightskinned people ever tried to genocide a whole a race. LIghtskin people never colonized anybody. Lightskin people don't hold 95 percent of the wealth in America. Lightskin people for all intents and purposes, are not a threat to anybody's life or wellbeing.

It's called self-esteem, self-respect, self-confidence for a reason. If you wanna perceive a trashy and innocuous song with the lyrics, "Yellow bone is what he want." as a an insult...like you got nothing serious going on in your life.

:smh:

Back