Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

bye sir. youve been in here for hrs downplaying the issue

Ha ha...I am not down playing the issue. I said at first I didn't know the context of the situation..

Was she throwing shade to black people dark skin ppl especially..it doesn't appear to be..but if she was...I would hope she resolves it.

Me liking a song or two has nothing to do with it

And as I said Soul_Rattler explain it pretty clear. You miss me with this.

And I am not defending nothing but the fact that black and brown ppl shouldn't be beefing w each other over color.

That's pretty clear what I been doing in here if you choose to see it.

Thkx

400,000 died from colds in a calendar year, the CIA is turning newspapers across the country into X Files with leaked documents and we barely just kicked a racist hotel owner out of the White House after almost voting him back... yet this is what ppl choose to be pissed off about. Niggas must be bored today.

So you saying you can not think of three things at once?

Y’all act like these on 10 responses ain’t earned on dead horse topics tjo. Explaining why this is wrong is like explaining why racism is wrong. The black community should’ve collectively deaded this shit frfr.

which is insane because this very discussion on colorism highlights how white supremacy is reinforced on a social level. this conversation should/could lead to small-scale personal progress, if anything.

instead you got @Inori in here asking how to work google

So

And I am asking, did Danilegh claim to be black?

I don't know. Before yesterday my only frame of reference for her was hearing her name said on a few podcasts I listen to. But given what she looks like and what her parents look like probably not and if she did then she's reaching deep into her ancestry for it

@Race Jones : "Yall niggas dont read"

Random Poster: "Hey Race, I'm interested in what ur saying.. care to share some sources I can read up on to get a better perspective on what ur talking about?"

Race: "Fuck you nigga... go look it up yourself. How dare you ask me to back up the shit im saying with evidence"

Honestly yall gotta stop being on 10+ with every fuckin response. Every interaction on here isnt a contest. Some of us are actually open to hear different perspectives even if we might disagree or dont have all the information.

lmao nah you were trying to be funny and got dismissed.

I don't know. Before yesterday my only frame of reference for her was hearing her name said on a few podcasts I listen to. But given what she looks like and what her parents look like probably not.

Ehhh rather her claim to be black than white I guess.

It’s like this you can be proud of you skin tone just like you can proud of your race. Acting like colorism wasn’t real and that some lighter skin blacks wernt treated is why making a song about being yella bone is cringy. It really shouldn’t have to be explained at this point in 2021z

Agree with everything above making a song about being light skin...like you said it's 2021 your self esteem is your responsibility....

I'm short I can't be mad at anyone celebrating being tall....I'm any fashion
Mainly its not stopping me from doing what I want in life
So its a non factor

which is insane because this very discussion on colorism highlights how white supremacy is reinforced on a social level. this conversation should/could lead to small-scale personal progress, if anything.

instead you got @Inori in here asking how to work google a

I'm aware that colorism is a real thing within our community but I was specifically asking for more information when you mentioned how it relates to pay equity and all that you mentioned in that post.

You can find all the time in the day/week to look up and post/repost shitty asinine tweets and memes that echo your opinions but when someone asks you to point them in the right direction to get better and relevant insight on the arguments YOU ARE making THEN it's too much work right? Piss off

It's me. I'm "yalls".

Colorism is not a system. A system suggests there are people actively orchestrating and operating things.

Colorism is a disease that we have to find a cure for, get better, and move the fuck on. It's damn near a social COVID19.

colorism is a system sir

Colorism Is a problem. We all know that.

at the same time ain’t nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and nobody should have a problem with you loving yourself. It’s a problem when other folks got a problem with it and they the problem

lmao nah you were trying to be funny and got dismissed.

Nope. The redbone post I was being flippant.

The other post where I was asking for actual information.. not at all. I tend to be pretty intentional with how I speak on here so there should be no room for confusion when I'm being sarcastic and when i'm being serious.

Hence me starting off the serious post with.... "Not even joking..." but I get that you struggle with nuance and subtletly. We can move along now

Colorism Is a problem. We all know that.

at the same time ain’t nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and nobody should have a problem with you loving yourself. It’s a problem when other folks got a problem with it and they the problem

Nobody is saying light skin people can't love themselves. The discussion is about people being propped up solely because they're light skin above all else. That has nothing to do with self esteem and 100% to do with colorism. It's why she thought making a song about being light skin was going to pop for her because being Dominican she also grew up in a culture that HEAVILY emphasizes skin tone and lighter=better. There's a reason nobody took issue with Beyonce's "Brown Skin Girl" even though she's light her damn self or Kendrick's "Complexion" which shouts out all tones of Black skin yet this song immediately got a "What the fuck is this" reaction.

Nobody is saying light skin people can't love themselves. The discussion is about people being propped up solely because they're light skin above all else. That has nothing to do with self esteem and 100% to do with colorism. It's why she thought making a song about being light skin was going to pop for her because being Dominican she also grew up in a culture that HEAVILY emphasizes skin tone and lighter=better. There's a reason nobody took issue with Beyonce's "Brown Skin Girl" even though she's light her damn self or Kendrick's "Complexion" which shouts out all tones of Black skin yet this song immediately got a "What the fuck is this" reaction.

It spiraled down to that. Folks was saying she should make that type of song.

Baby momma/ baby daddy issue aside

Nope. The redbone post I was being flippant.

The other post where I was asking for actual information.. not at all. I tend to be pretty intentional with how I speak on here so there should be no room for confusion when I'm being sarcastic and when i'm being serious.

Hence me starting off the serious post with.... "Not even joking..." but I get that you struggle with nuance and subtletly. We can move along now

inori? ... is it?

how old are you?

Back