Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

Facts. I'm just sayin... 7 (9 now) pages for a song I'm fairly certain half of us didn't listen to from an artist we barely knew existed before now rapping/singing about something that would get you laughed off the block for getting mad at in real life? @silverfoxx just put out a tape Monday (Silver Cold Nights Ep. 2 on Spotify... treat yourself don't cheat yourself) that's worth more of a conversation than this dumb shit. I'm ashamed to say this is my second post in this thread... and I still didn't hear the song yet.

The conversation is more about colorism than the actual song. That's an actual discussion that needs to be had among Black folks

There are legit stances on why her song is a problem.

I dont think that her intention was to shit on darkskin women...she does not strike me as someone that smart, calculated and socially aware.

This was a diss song to his bm. This song was intended as a slight to her and her only. I will say that once she was made aware of the larger implications of this song...she should take responsibility for doing something so stupid and tone deaf

Questions for clarification:

1. If Clarence Thomas never claimed to be black, only an American, would that mean he's not black?

2. Is light skin the only complexion black people aren't allowed to compliment or celebrate?

3. If this chick is indeed not black, why does it matter if she makes trash music about the skin complexion of whatever race she is?

I just want to know what rules are in play.
Bruh....

You’re better than this.

I dont expect anything from you that I wouldnt ask from anyone else on this site tryna pass of their opinions as fact without evidence.

Dont nobody gas me. I have no crew. You just like trying to paint a picture of you against the forum.. and I just like to have conversations and debates...and If I'm not educated fully on a topic ima ask about it.

Difference is you see someone asking you for more information as an insult to you personally rather than an opportunity to enlighten someone on something they might not know about

honestly i was just too lazy to pull up articles
:ohshit2:

The conversation is more about colorism than the actual song. That's an actual discussion that needs to be had among Black folks
Fair enough. My hot take on that: Ppl like what they like. I personally like white women because I'm a weirdo, but the most beautiful women I ever seen in my life were Blacker than the bottom of Whoopi Goldberg's feet. As a dark skinned Black man, I'm not offended that the "fairer" skinned specimen is looked upon more favorably by society. Granted we gotta work harder and leave more of an impression, but that was in the fine print when I signed up to live this life. On a geopolitical level, India suffers the most from colorism thru their caste system. Their gov't and economy has standards in place that keep that ideology afloat, and it'll be like that for some time. In American culture it's more so implied by who we hold to high standards and who we let take the abuse of the system. If your parents bumped uglies in America, you're American in my book... but the way this society is ran you would think we're aliens from another planet. The fact that we have to remind ppl "Black lives matter" and cry every time a Black person does something "first" then shed the same soap opera tears when someone from the gay community does the same exact thing lets you know our color only matters in their narrative. We can't celebrate our skin color or someone else's for that matter without criticism, but we have to play victim every time one of our own gets taken from us in an act of violence that shouldn't have happened in the first place. There's no reason to view, treat, and hunt someone like an animal other than a very basic fear/hate... especially not no damn skin color.

Ok as I was typing this a new post popped up that said "this was a diss song to his bm". I don't know who "he" or his bm is... but this is my 3rd post in this thread and I'm already considering making some serious life changes to avoid walking into dumb shit like this again. Intelligent conversation deez nutz.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that my first thought listening to the lyrics as a man who loves lightskin women is "Yeah, I do want a yellow bone dime. Toss in a redbone too."

I'm not seeing the harmful messaging here. But then again, maybe I'm thinking with my dick.

That's smoke they don't want.

I have a habit of chasing trolls out of their own threads. The only thing that brings them back are the posters willing to play their anti-Black games.

boy shut up

your hoteppery bullshit aint moving shit over here

Colorism Is a problem. We all know that.

at the same time ain’t nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and nobody should have a problem with you loving yourself. It’s a problem when other folks got a problem with it and they the problem
Yea but that pride stuff doesn't apply to her

She's just being a bird

Back