Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

I dig how ppl can take offense to it, but I don’t think it’s a necessary thing to HAVE to take offense to it by a long shot. Whether you think the song is stupid or not it’s still just a song.

My main issue with this is that the song is bad.

I don't understand why when a lightskin person, celebrates their features, it is automatically perceived as a diss to non-lightskin people everywhere.

Lightskinned people never tried to genocide a whole a race. LIghtskin people never colonized anybody. Lightskin people don't hold 95 percent of the wealth in America. Lightskin people for all intents and purposes, are not a threat to anybody's life or wellbeing.

It's called self-esteem, self-respect, self-confidence for a reason. If you wanna perceive a trashy and innocuous song with the lyrics, "Yellow bone is what he want." as a an insult...like you got nothing serious going on in your life.
tenor (16).gif

Y’all got to stop reaching the Rick Ross video was him wanting to fuck oh girl them niggas was looking at her ass the whole time they wasn’t looking for talent that was just the cover up. He even bought her a Chanel Bag or some short of other bag on the show he had a crush on her he was trying to fuck and shorty looked like a easy target. Y’all quick to post shit without facts. And that Dani chick just sounds dumb cause she not even black.

Y’all got to stop reaching the Rick Ross video was him wanting to fuck oh girl them niggas was looking at her ass the whole time they wasn’t looking for talent that was just the cover up. He even bought her a Chanel Bag or some short of other bag on the show he had a crush on her he was trying to fuck and shorty looked like a easy target. Y’all quick to post shit without facts. And that Dani chick just sounds dumb cause she not even black.

That's not making the point you think it is...

Man STFU.

I don't know who she is, but to be outraged she making a song about her skin tone is dumb AF. If she was dark skinned and mad a song about it would you be outraged too? Go ahead and lie....
No. Beyoncé made “Brown Skin Girl”

no outrage. At least I ain’t seen none.

Man foh. He rich
Asf don’t gotta co sign shit to smash

Brown skin and dark skin songs can be made because their isn’t some superiority complex with being brown or dark skin. Like if folks don’t know why bugging up light skin has a negative connotation well what’s the point of this discussion

No. Beyoncé made “Brown Skin Girl”

no outrage. At least I ain’t seen none.
That was kinda my point. India Arie has a nice "Brown Skin" song too. As long as they not degrading other skin tones in the song I couldn't care less. That being said, @Race Jones provided more info and seeing that this is only a snippet and no full song released. This seem like a beef with DaBaby child's mother.

The darker girl is clearly more talented so what else is it?
What makes u a judge?
I see the dream, ross, and some other accomplished musicians in the room but because disanthrope and random twitter niggaz said the other girl is more talented, that makes it so?

Back