Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

I may not have worded the questions correctly..but its simple..and I asked because I am reading online people don't like her using the n-word., there have been tv shows where the topic has come up...katz not feeling someone whose Mexican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, etc using the N-word..

So I was wondering who here has a problem with it.

Because she's not Black. She's Dominican but she's not Black. The two aren't automatically one in the same. There's white people, Black people, mixed people, etc in every country you named and every country you can find in latin america. So to ask if someone has a problem with person from *random spanish speaking country here* using the word nigga is still not really going to get you a clear answer.

Because she's not Black. She's Dominican but she's not Black. The two aren't automatically one in the same. There's white people, Black people, mixed people, etc in every country you named and every country you can find in latin america. So to ask if someone has a problem with person from *random spanish speaking country here* using the word nigga is still not really going to get you a clear answer.

Bruh you making it hard than it is...I just gave examples..

People have a problem with her doing it.

Why her and not Cardi B.(just a question) I have seen TV shows particularly love and hip hop..the whole afro Latino vs Latino thing..people having issues with anyone who bares those titles saying it..

Like I shouldn't have to break it down any clearer or if it's gonna cause this much of a headache then nvm the question...shit ain't that serious, I can just leave all of it here and move on..which I think I am going to do.

Peace out you all

Last edited:
Bruh you making it hard than it is...I just gave examples..

People have a problem with her doing it.

Why her and not Cardi B.(just a question) I have seen TV shows particularly love and hip hop..the whole afro Latino vs Latino thing..people having issues with anyone who bares those titles saying it..

Like I shouldn't have to break it down any clearer or if it's gonna cause this much of a head than nvm the question...shit ain't that serious, I can just leave all of it here and move on..which I think I am going to do.

Peace out you all

This the 1st post where specifically said afro latino vs a non black latino which is the important distinction and gives you the answer to your question. I already told you it's because she's not Black. So her being Dominican is secondary to her not being Black. Some people do take issue with Cardi saying it despite the fact she presents herself and has always said she considers herself a Black Dominican woman. Now when it comes to that it's all on how a person views the idea of being Black in general vs being Black American which is what some people automatically associate the term "Black" as. And that would then lead to how they feel about non American Black people in general using the word because they tend to associate it with being Black American and not Black people globally. Youre' trying to make a complex subject simple...and you weren't even being clear in your questioning. I knew exactly what you were "trying to ask" but you didn't directly ask it so that's on you to communicate that more clearly.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
This the 1st post where specifically said afro latino vs a non black latino which is the important distinction and gives you the answer to your question. I already told you it's because she's not Black. So her being Dominican is secondary to her not being Black. Some people do take issue with Cardi saying it despite the fact she presents herself and has always said she considers herself a Black Dominican woman. Now when it comes to that it's all on how a person views the idea of being Black in general vs being Black American which is what some people automatically associate the term "Black" as. And that would then lead to how they feel about non American Black people in general using the word because they tend to associate it with being Black American and not Black people globally. Youre' trying to make a complex subject simple...and you weren't even being clear in your questioning. I knew exactly what you were "trying to ask" but you didn't directly ask it so that's on you to communicate that more clearly.

You knew but didn't answer it. I clarified it and you still telling me it's too complicated FOR YOU to answer. Cool.

I seen the question posed already on different social platforms and see other people not having a problem understanding it to answer the question.

But like I said...i am leaving it all here and moving on.

My question was just a question. I wasn't implying anything. Just to understand different people's point of view.

You don't know me, so to call me ignorant speaks more of you than me. I am not here prejudging anything or anyone.

Seems like you are though. So cool, do you.

you have had the same stance this entire thread my friend

again, stop

you have had the same stance this entire thread my friend

again, stop

Sista..thats the problem with you. My stances is MY STANCE, I am not looking or trying to change anyone's stance or opinion.

I am respecting EVERYONE'S opinion on this matter whether I agree with them or not.

I was trying to have a healthy convo, but seeing where I am has led me to think differently now on my purpose.

You are free to have your opinion, I was respecting that n just trying to create dialogue. You ain't trying to. Cool. So I am going bow out and go be w the family. Thank you for the time.

My main issue with this is that the song is bad.

I don't understand why when a lightskin person, celebrates their features, it is automatically perceived as a diss to non-lightskin people everywhere.

Lightskinned people never tried to genocide a whole a race. LIghtskin people never colonized anybody. Lightskin people don't hold 95 percent of the wealth in America. Lightskin people for all intents and purposes, are not a threat to anybody's life or wellbeing.

It's called self-esteem, self-respect, self-confidence for a reason. If you wanna perceive a trashy and innocuous song with the lyrics, "Yellow bone is what he want." as a an insult...like you got nothing serious going on in your life.
Bro it's very similar to a white person making a white pride song. Technically nothing wrong with it, but with historical implications, and social dynamics documented that notion becomes distasteful. Shit I'm a brown skin dude with a light skin woman and she schooled me on colorism when we were friends before lovers. Real niggas know this shit is more important than a fun diss to a baby momma song because of the historical implications of brown/darker shade woman and men being considered more unattractive, threatening, and more "strange" for some folks to look at and accept.

Niggas years ago was mostly all saying that dark skin woman were "ugly" and shit. And that's alone in our race. Light skin women were considered prizes, make beautiful babies, smh. I personally love all shades of black women, but growing up in new Orleans and listening to artists and watching music videos light skin women were the trophy.

Progression is starting to finally take place for other shades of blackness to be represented, beautiful, cool, sexy, appreciated, etc and you have a hispanic woman cultural appropriate all of the minor progression our culture has done with this goofy song.

Personally I'm not charged up about this, it's distasteful, buI'm not about to tell any black woman how to feel about this shit, I'm riding with them.

Last edited:
Facts. I'm just sayin... 7 (9 now) pages for a song I'm fairly certain half of us didn't listen to from an artist we barely knew existed before now rapping/singing about something that would get you laughed off the block for getting mad at in real life? @silverfoxx just put out a tape Monday (Silver Cold Nights Ep. 2 on Spotify... treat yourself don't cheat yourself) that's worth more of a conversation than this dumb shit. I'm ashamed to say this is my second post in this thread... and I still didn't hear the song yet.
Bro I appreciate the random love man! This shit a first for me LMAO to get s/o in a social thread like this. Blessings !

Bro it's very similar to a white person making a white pride song. Technically nothing wrong with it, but with historical implications, and social dynamics documented that notion becomes distasteful. Shit I'm a brown skin dude with a light skin woman and she schooled me on colorism when we were friends before lovers. Real niggas know this shit is more important than a fun diss to a baby momma song because of the historical implications of brown/darker shade woman and men being considered more unattractive, threatening, and more "strange" for some folks to look at and accept.

Niggas years ago was mostly all saying that dark skin woman were "ugly" and shit. And that's alone in our race. Light skin women were considered prices, make beautiful babies, smh. I personally love all shades of black women, but growing up in new Orleans and listening to artists and watching music videos light skin women were the trophy.

Progression is starting to finally take place for other shades of blackness to be represented, beautiful, cool, sexy, appreciated, etc and you have a hispanic woman cultural appropriate all of the minor progression our culture has done with this goofy song.

Personally I'm not charged up about this, it's distasteful, buI'm not about to tell any black woman how to feel about this shit, I'm riding with them.

!!!!!!!!!!

Niggas years ago was mostly all saying that dark skin woman were "ugly" and shit. And that's alone in our race. Light skin women were considered prices, make beautiful babies, smh. I personally love all shades of black women, but growing up in new Orleans and listening to artists and watching music videos light skin women were the trophy.

you need to learn from him @Dwayne

read this until the synapses in your brain snap

Who can forget this

hated him ever since

Back