Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cutting your son's hair: Fair or foul?

So Black men with long or full hair from birth were emasculated or made feminine? Is that the argument now or yall are just envious cos yall are going bald or bald already?
i think that we can agree there is a difference between havin a full head of hair and havin hair all tha way down ya back

We don't know the back story but just for the sake of conversing we or I'm going to assume. Let's say the father been wanting to cut his son hair for years. Seeing his son that day make have been the straw to break the camel's back and make him take his son to get his hair cut.

I mean let's not act like we all don't get to a point where enough is enough when it comes to certain things and the father could've just reached that point that day.
Preach

If his hair was nappy and his daddy got his hair cut this wouldn't be an issue....

but because this young brotha has long curly "good hair" it's a crime for tha father ta cut his hair w\o mom's permission

Not gonna lie...

Women posting pics of their toddlers sitting on the toilet are fucking creepy. I don't want to see that shit in any context.

People aint just posting baby pictures out there but entire childhoods...loads of kids will have trouble getting into politics or jobs that require anonymity...

But point was that people decide all those things for their child but get mad at a father for cutting his sons hair. Phantom your folks putting your entire childhood on fb n da gram...and religious dogma one can shake but circumcision cant be undone.

Majority of folks pictures of their kids are just normal kid shit. That ain't nothing that will ruin somebody's future cuz their mom posted their bathtub pic on facebook.

I love that it's just assumed that the father is being petty in this situation. With no backstory at all, that's where some of you went.

I've seen this question asked and don't believe it was answered yet: Who's wrong if this has been a bone of contention between the parents and the father just finally cut it off? Was the mom wrong for growing the boy's hair against his wishes all that time?

Without a backstory there's nothing but speculation going on in here.

Last edited:
I love that it's just assumed that the father is being petty in this situation. With no backstory at all, that's where some of you went.

I've seen this question asked and don't believe it was answered yet: Who's wrong if this has been a bone of contention between the parents and the father just finally cut it off? Was the mom wrong for growing the boy's hair against gifs wishes all that time?

We all just assuming just for the sake of banter.

I've seen this question asked and don't believe it was answered yet: Who's wrong if this has been a bone of contention between the parents and the father just finally cut it off? Was the mom wrong for growing the boy's hair against his wishes all that time?

Captain Obvious here.....

AND I'll take it a step further.

Even if both parents thought it was time to cut the hair and the son didn't, they both wrong for cutting it

I'm still trying to figure out how the length, shape and size of hair on a Black male child defines his manhood?

That's that toxic masculinity we always harp on about...

Imma just leave this here .

Back