Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chick alleged drug raped in the middle of an ATL club...wtf

Yes rape is frowned upon...but by your own admission there's instances where people disagree on what is/isn't rape...so that would lead to certain things being tolerated and/or allowed in a culture that could also fall into that gray area. IE the constant image shown of having to get a woman drunk or "trick" her into sleeping with you. How many times in movies/tv shows have we seen that play out? Or the "she's playing hard to get you just gotta convince her" shit...all of that can fall under that umbrella. When most folks think rape they think of some person hopping out the bushes and attacking a woman. Not the fact that a vast majority of rape victims, both men and women, already know and have had some interaction w/ their rapist already. That is why some have an issue processing a rape scenario that doesn't involve walking down a dark street at night or any other scenario people throw out aside from the actual most common occurrences
i think this whole conversation came about because a few people think others are ok with rape, victim blaming, or support the act becuase we like to warn or women about what not to do to place themselves in a situation. because all those are placing blame and all responsibility on the victim and none on the predator.

it just seems people dont want to think and have it only one way.

the predators know this and take advantage of it.
what better time to attack people outside of when they are distracted.
telling any female ...once or a thousand times to be careful is a problem?
how?
should we all just assume every chick knows and say fuck it?

this video in here is a prime example of people assuming something. and thats why no one helped her.

Even rapists know rape is wrong.
true and thats why its said that dudes dont need to be taught how to not rape. they know its wrong already. but they do it still because of whatever reason. all we can do is educate our women...but thats asking to much as some would like you to believe.

I don’t see victim blaming in here.

I see ppl saying take precautions because it’s evil ppl in the world.
i dont see it either but yet.....it was said that someone said or implied it.

this is nothing but an argument over near sighted vs far sighted. life experience vs the youth. accountability vs whatever else they talking.

So who are all the women in this thread that these kind samaritans are warning and teaching really innovative lessons on how not to get raped?

Because it's either that or it's victim blaming. Either way it's obnoxious though.

i think this whole conversation came about because a few people think others are ok with rape, victim blaming, or support the act becuase we like to warn or women about what not to do to place themselves in a situation. because all those are placing blame and all responsibility on the victim and none on the predator.

it just seems people dont want to think and have it only one way.

the predators know this and take advantage of it.
what better time to attack people outside of when they are distracted.
telling any female ...once or a thousand times to be careful is a problem?
how?
should we all just assume every chick knows and say fuck it?

this video in here is a prime example of people assuming something. and thats why no one helped her.

There's a time and place for shit...and usually when people offer that shit it it's moments after an assault. It's callous as fuck. I mean if somebody got robbed would you immediately go to "Damn you should have keep aware of your surroundings" or do people ask if they're ok and give them some time? With rape victims it's like immediately people go to "Well why did you do this?" "Why did you wear this?" It's like people realize how much of a violation of a person's body that is and to immediately tell somebody what they could have done to prevent it, especially when most rape victims already blame themselves, it's just pointless to say...again especially considering that a good number of things people suggest really wouldn't matter anyway when discussing the vast majority of rapes. I said it earlier, people talkign about don't take drinks, don't wear this, don't go here...ok cool...but again facts prove rape victims by and large already know their rapist...so how do you combat that? How do you combat going on a date? How do you combat being around family? Never go out at all? Niggas take the smallest percentage of something and think applying those rules to the majority will work and it simply won't.

There's a time and place for shit...and usually when people offer that shit it it's moments after an assault. It's callous as fuck. I mean if somebody got robbed would you immediately go to "Damn you should have keep aware of your surroundings" or do people ask if they're ok and give them some time? With rape victims it's like immediately people go to "Well why did you do this?" "Why did you wear this?" It's like people realize how much of a violation of a person's body that is and to immediately tell somebody what they could have done to prevent it, especially when most rape victims already blame themselves, it's just pointless to say...again especially considering that a good number of things people suggest really wouldn't matter anyway when discussing the vast majority of rapes. I said it earlier, people talkign about don't take drinks, don't wear this, don't go here...ok cool...but again facts prove rape victims by and large already know their rapist...so how do you combat that? How do you combat going on a date? How do you combat being around family? Never go out at all? Niggas take the smallest percentage of something and think applying those rules to the majority will work and it simply won't.
no one is saying what she did wrong here.
i mean its some questions....but its not blaming her in no way.
and you are right it is a time and place for things.....no one is saying say it right after it happens.

but it should not be a problem to say before it the possibility of it happening.

So who are all the women in this thread that these kind samaritans are warning and teaching really innovative lessons on how not to get raped?

Because it's either that or it's victim blaming. Either way it's obnoxious though.
at this point you just talking now.

and you are right it is a time and place for things.....no one is saying say it right after it happens.

but it should not be a problem to say before it the possibility of it happening.

And the fact that those suggestions people offer have little to nothing to do with the vast majority of rapes means nothing?

did the girl even say she was raped?
i thought she was more like....its my business and it was cool type shit.
Yea it's so many different storylines but apparently she said she knew him and was gettin back at her husband for watever reason. Also that he tried to fuck but didnt penetrate. She is allegedly also pregnant. Idk what's really going on..

And the fact that those suggestions people offer have little to nothing to do with the vast majority of rapes means nothing?
is it not up to the person then to heed the advice or even use common sense in certain situations?
things can still happen but it can lessen chances....would you agree?

Yes rape is frowned upon...but by your own admission there's instances where people disagree on what is/isn't rape...so that would lead to certain things being tolerated and/or allowed in a culture that could also fall into that gray area. IE the constant image shown of having to get a woman drunk or "trick" her into sleeping with you. How many times in movies/tv shows have we seen that play out? Or the "she's playing hard to get you just gotta convince her" shit...all of that can fall under that umbrella. When most folks think rape they think of some person hopping out the bushes and attacking a woman. Not the fact that a vast majority of rape victims, both men and women, already know and have had some interaction w/ their rapist already. That is why some have an issue processing a rape scenario that doesn't involve walking down a dark street at night or any other scenario people throw out aside from the actual most common occurrences

I absolutely agree with that. What I'm saying is that you can't say we have a rape culture because of that disagreement. There has to be some kind of reasonable agreement on what rape is. For instance, is a guy purposely getting a girl black out drunk, so he can have sex with her while she can't resist rape? Yes, I think most would agree with that. Say a guy and girl are drinking together as part of a social gathering and they mutually make the decision to have sex, both under the influence. Is that rape? I would say no, but there are others who would argue it is and technically, it is legally too. Are you going to say that the people who have no problem with what happened in that second scenario promoting rape culture?

at this point you just talking now.

It was a pretty straightforward question. Who is all this sage wisdom you're giving out being directed to? Otherwise you're just taling a bunch of dudes in a forum what a rape victim should have done differently in order to not get raped.

It was a pretty straightforward question. Who is all this sage wisdom you're giving out being directed to? Otherwise you're just taling a bunch of dudes in a forum what a rape victim should have done differently in order to not get raped.

Many of us have daughters, nieces, cousins, and younger chicks that we mentor. You don't think we say these same things to them?

Yes, we made the comments in this forum as part of the conversation. So now, people are only allowed to say the things you think are appropriate? What exactly is your point?

Thats the part not being addressed most rape victims its not a stranger. If a chick take molly with her boyfriend somebody she trusts and this happens then what?

is it not up to the person then to heed the advice or even use common sense in certain situations?
things can still happen but it can lessen chances....would you agree?

Bruh if that majority of rapes happen with a person the victim knows and not taking a drink from a stranger, not being alone at night, not being dressed a certain way and any other excuse niggas like to trot out there have no affect on these situations...then no it doesn't lessen the chances for, once again, the vast majority. By definition does what you're saying lessen the chances? Yes...but in reality does that shit actually do it? For 90+% of rape cases..no it doesn't so constantly mentioning it when rape topics come up is stupid as fuck

Back