Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Carlee Russell Missing After Stopping to Help a Child on a Highway. Update: She Lied

Bruh you can't be at 2 places at one time.....the detectives who were on this case couldn't be somewhere else trying to solve another crime.....different divisions don't mean much now because they'll send one officer from one division to another just to help out
Therein lies the problem which has been my original point or maybe my second point

Their use of resources is the issue, not the amount of them

Give her community service and counseling.

This.

That said, I think what she did is more serious than some are acknowledging. Remember, black women in the U.S. have a hard time getting coverage when they go missing (so do black men, but we can already chalk that up to being a lost cause). This was one of the first times in a long time a black woman got national coverage, and it turned out to be a hoax. That's damaging to efforts to get equal treatment in these circumstances.

lol @ people scoffing at community service like any of ya'll are trying to spend 200 hours working at a soup kitchen or picking up trash along the side of the road.

Y'all talking that shit but if it was my daughter,I definitely would not advocate for her getting locked up

That's counter productive

How so? How would you like your child to be held accountable?
Her going to jail, county, etc just creates a criminal record.

She learns nothing of value or probably learns something opposite of what y'all thinking her going to jail will provide.

Counseling counseling and more counseling is what she needs.

Not every person deserves to be locked up over a dumb decision.

It can't be in one discussion, black women are ignored by law enforcement then it's throw this black girl in jail the next discussion.

After Sandra bland and countless others, I do not want the police involved in any discipline to a child of mine

200 hours raking leaves and picking up trash at her local park ain’t gonna make up for plotting an elaborate self kidnapping and amber alert. Sorry

What is the proper punishment for something like that? I'm pretty sure it wasn't her intent to create a national incident. It just turned into that because of the world we live in. Nobody was physically or economically hurt by what she did. If the police or other agencies expended a lot of resources, then make sure her community service hours match up to the amount of work that equal out to the resource expenditure. How is that not a suitable punishment?

She learns nothing of value or probably learns something opposite of what y'all thinking her going to jail will provide.

It can't be in one discussion, black women are ignored by law enforcement then it's throw this black girl in jail the next discussion.

After Sandra bland and countless others, I do not want the police involved in any discipline to a child of mine
Im still trying to see who said she should go to jail. My bad, ive only been skimming the thread, but the worst I've seen so far is probation and/or community service, which I agree with.

You say no police will discipline your child. So who else will? Serious question, how you gonna discipline your grown child who has their own money and is independent?

Im still trying to see who said she should go to jail. My bad, ive only been skimming the thread, but the worst I've seen so far is probation and/or community service, which I agree with.

You say no police will discipline your child. So who else will? Serious question, how you gonna discipline your grown child who has their own money and is independent?
Police don't deter crime, so let's start there.

I don't have all the answers but I know for a fact a police department don't have em either

But I'm speaking specifically to this instance. I do not believe the punishment should be jail.

I haven’t said she should be locked up even tho I feel like small jail time would be justifiable in my opinion. But there’s no kind of community service that justifies the crime. She planned this whole thing out, made up a missing child and more ultimately to get attention (cause of a breakup allegedly)

That’s narcissistic and selfish behavior and I don’t see how any community service is a punishable option cause I don’t expect it to have enough of a profound effect on her which she truly takes accountability & gains a sense of inner healing. That’s just my 2 cents. You can say that jailing her isn’t gonna rehab her either and I’d say that’s a fair assessment also.

She needs to be scared straight!

Back