Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cardi B vs Funk Flex

Nobody's talking about social commentary, you made that up. I ain't saying the shit needs to be Rakim-level or it sucks, I'm saying the shit can at least be clever with decent wordplay and her shit definitely ain't that.

Only one at a time? Maybe you forgot but there was a point in time where Foxy, Bahamadhia, Lil Kim, Rage, and Lyte were all poppin. More recently Young Ma, Nicki Minaj, and Iggy Azalea were the big names a couple of years ago and even now it's Cardi and Nicki with Iggy about to drop again. Not sure if you've been paying attention or not but there's almost always been more than one female MC in rotation.
ok

when was the last time you had a track like "ladies night" with Missy, Angie Martinez, Lil Kim, and the Brat?

You did compare it to that era when you brought up a bunch of songs that were sorta party songs but had, in your opinion, better lyrical content. My point was that that era was different. There was better balance, but even thing, as noted, frivolous party music like the Dip (the song she bit with that line) existed. No one is arguing that respected lyricists have made decent dance songs, but I don't what club you go to if you think that the average dance song was some kinda lyrical masterpiece. lol That's just not truth now or back then.

I'm not really sure what we're arguing anymore to be honest. I think Cardi is trash. I said that, so I'm not really sure how you're getting that I'm defending her in that regard. My point is she doesn't deserve all the hate she's getting. Rap has always had popular artists that put out substanceless trash. This era is basically built on those kinds of artists. Cardi is just another one in the crowd, so why is she being singled out like she has committed some unprecedented artistic sin. Let her make her money of the people who want to buy her shit and then disappear like she inevitably will when the next microwaved star pops up.

I brought up those songs because AP brought it up when I made a point about how repetitious radio spins got people to switch gears from saying "soulja boy/d4l/Trinidad James sucks" to "I fucks with this shit". I mean, the shit is right there for you to re-read from page 2-4.

I brought up those songs because AP brought it up when I made a point about how repetitious radio spins got people to switch gears from saying "soulja boy/d4l/Trinidad James sucks" to "I fucks with this shit". I mean, the shit is right there for you to re-read from page 2-4.

You seem to be getting your own responses mixed up. AP21 just pointed out that Tag Team and Soulja Boy made some frivolous dance songs and then disappeared, so the content really didn't matter. You response was not about radio spins or repetition. You listed a bunch of songs that you felt were dance songs but still had decent content. That was your way or proving that Cardi shouldn't get a pass for being trash since others have managed to not be trash, but make popular dance music.

My point in the last post was that yes its possible to be a good rapper and make fun dance songs. However, Hip Hop has always had trash rappers that managed to make fun and popular songs. There is no reason to act like Cardi is the first or worst culprit here especially in an era where most artists are trash.

We only had that one in the first place. There wasn't one before or after it.
This is kinda my point, there is no unity among female rappers

They only seen to promote them as solo acts which further strengthens my position that there seems to only be one popping female rapper at a time

This is kinda my point, there is no unity among female rappers

They only seen to promote them as solo acts which further strengthens my position that there seems to only be one popping female rapper at a time

???

Who hasn't been promoted as a solo act?

There's always been more than one poppin at a time.

You seem to be getting your own responses mixed up. AP21 just pointed out that Tag Team and Soulja Boy made some frivolous dance songs and then disappeared, so the content really didn't matter. You response was not about radio spins or repetition. You listed a bunch of songs that you felt were dance songs but still had decent content. That was your way or proving that Cardi shouldn't get a pass for being trash since others have managed to not be trash, but make popular dance music.

My point in the last post was that yes its possible to be a good rapper and make fun dance songs. However, Hip Hop has always had trash rappers that managed to make fun and popular songs. There is no reason to act like Cardi is the first or worst culprit here especially in an era where most artists are trash.

smh...

Dawg "Crank Dat" and "Laffy Taffy" were possibly the lowest points in hip hop... Everybody with sense said both of them was basura. But they got hella spins on the radio, a month later a lot of those same folks that said those songs were trash suddenly were dancing to the shit and bumpin it out the whip.

Come to think of it, Trinidad James' "All Gold Everything" was arguably worse. And you couldn't go anywhere without hearing it 'cause radio was saturated with it. Dude put ZERO work in. He admits he had never spit a bar until a few months before the shit came out.

This is the post I referenced:

So was "Jingling Baby", EPMD's "Its Time 2 Party", Run DMC's "Pause", Rob Base's "Get On The Dance Floor", Stezo's "It's My Turn", Twin Hype's "Do It to The Crowd" and "For Those Who Like To Groove", King Sun's "On The Club Tip", Jungle Brother's "Girl I'll House You"...

Matter of fact... Peep this shit here: Take MC Hammer's WORST radio joint from "Let's Get It Started" through "Funky Headhunter" and that shit is like Rakim bars compared to them two shits.

All of it it dance shits. All of it is far superior to that bullshit D4L and Soulja Boy dropped. So what's really your point here? Just 'cause you arbitrarily label it "dance songs" means it can be bullshit??? Nah b, that's some lazy ass shit. You making excuses for some shit that shoulda never seen the light of day.

Fuck... I'd rather listen to Tag Team or Totsie Roll... Clay D, Shy D, Poison Clan, and DJ Laz got bars compared to them niggas.

There's too many decent "dance songs" that were well written, competently produced, and overall good compared to that bullshit.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up that other post.

This is the post I referenced:

I'm not sure why you're bringing up that other post.

Because it preceded it.

The whole setup for that post came from the exchange between AP and I with a post by you thrown into the mix. I was talking about how radio spins affect popularity and pointed out how Crank Dat and Laffy Taffy were laughed at when they first came out but after massive radio campaigns the two were being pumped by a lot of the same people that said they were trash.

AP's response to that was basically "they're dance songs tho" as if that makes a difference.

I then pointed out that dance songs don't have to be trash by listing out a number of them that were lyrically competent.

Because it preceded it.

The whole setup for that post came from the exchange between AP and I with a post by you thrown into the mix. I was talking about how radio spins affect popularity and pointed out how Crank Dat and Laffy Taffy were laughed at when they first came out but after massive radio campaigns the two were being pumped by a lot of the same people that said they were trash.

AP's response to that was basically "they're dance songs tho" as if that makes a difference.

I then pointed out that dance songs don't have to be trash by listing out a number of them that were lyrically competent.

lol I understand the purpose of the post, and my statements were directly related to that post. Again, when the context of my post was clearly aimed at that point, I'm not sure why you'd go to a previous post and then act like I wasn't paying attention to what you said.

???

Who hasn't been promoted as a solo act?

There's always been more than one poppin at a time.
Stop being literal

My point is that they don't place value on collaborations

Stop being literal

My point is that they don't place value on collaborations

And neither do their male counterparts unless you crew. For the most part these chicks act like chicks: They ain't always fuckin with each other like that to get on a track.

And neither do their male counterparts unless you crew. For the most part these chicks act like chicks: They ain't always fuckin with each other like that to get on a track.
brah, dudes collab all the time, crew or not

thats just not happening with females

hell Jadakiss and Fabolous did a collab album

brah, dudes collab all the time, crew or not

thats just not happening with females

hell Jadakiss and Fabolous did a collab album

But if they ain't fuckin with each other they aint' working together. Most of these chicks ain't fuckin with one another and that's the root of that issue.

koncept, we talking past each other now fam lol

thats my entire point

when i say they, yes, im referring to the female artists, but im also talking about the industry as a whole

these dudes in the industry with influence should be trying to get these chicks on tracks together so that other females can see that there doesnt have to be just one "it" girl in the industry at a time

koncept, we talking past each other now fam lol

thats my entire point

when i say they, yes, im referring to the female artists, but im also talking about the industry as a whole

these dudes in the industry with influence should be trying to get these chicks on tracks together so that other females can see that there doesnt have to be just one "it" girl in the industry at a time

That's the thing: There's never really been a point where there was only one "it" girl. There's always been several and even now there's three.

That's the thing: There's never really been a point where there was only one "it" girl. There's always been several and even now there's three.
who was popping when nicki was out??

hell, she won the BET best female rapper damn near 5x in a row

Back