Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cardi B vs Funk Flex

i've never seen such a deliberate effort to tear down a female in the industry man

this shit sad af

who gives a flying fuck she dont writer her raps?

She not outchea talking about catching bodies, selling dope to the communities, etc...

i've never seen such a deliberate effort to tear down a female in the industry man

this shit sad af

who gives a flying fuck she dont writer her raps?

She not outchea talking about catching bodies, selling dope to the communities, etc...

what does this being a woman have to do with the fact that she didn't earn that spot?

She didn't get that spot organically. What Flex is basically saying is that her music didn't pop because it was good, it popped off because they paid for it to happen. Remove the money and the chance of her being as big as she is drops dramatically.

Same for a lot of rappers we have on the radio now. It just happens to be her at the moment.

what does this being a woman have to do with the fact that she didn't earn that spot?

She didn't get that spot organically. What Flex is basically saying is that her music didn't pop because it was good, it popped off because they paid for it to happen. Remove the money and the chance of her being as big as she is drops dramatically.

Same for a lot of rappers we have on the radio now. It just happens to be her at the moment.

He's kissing Nicki's ass every chance he get for doing what he coming at Cardi for

Brah, I haven't listened to radio in probably a decade

I heard bodak yellow through the IC. Then started checking for the projects then.

Niggas don't need to get their songs played on the radio to pop off or pay a DJ to break the record

I heard bodak yellow through the IC. Then started checking for the projects then.

Niggas don't need to get their songs played on the radio to pop off or pay a DJ to break the record

This.

I first heard Bodak on one of the FB video memes...

Y'all still underestimate the power of radio. Like it or not, believe it or not, radio still drives the industry.

Y'all still underestimate the power of radio. Like it or not, believe it or not, radio still drives the industry.
Maybe in other genres

But hip hop, not as much

Flex gets more looks for the freestyles vs his hour on the radio.

Are you listening to iHeartRadio for music or breakfast club interviews/segments

Maybe in other genres

But hip hop, not as much

Flex gets more looks for the freestyles vs his hour on the radio.

Are you listening to iHeartRadio for music or breakfast club interviews/segments

Only time I listen to the radio is when I'm in the car with the family, and even then we have an old-school hip hop and R&B station that the radio stays on but that's just me.

The thing is, indie radio promoters aren't going under left and right. They're still being paid by labels to get spins for whatever artist they're trying to push. This is with all genres but most important with Hip Hop. The only way to ensure that a song is covered on every radio station is to pay an indie. Without that, everything would be regional unless an artist really takes off on their own, meaning that while Cardi B may have blown up in one part of the country she might not have had that same success elsewhere. Radio takes care of that for the labels. Indies make sure that song get's on the playlists of as many stations as possible with a set number of spins per day.

If radio wasn't that important, labels wouldn't still be paying to get spins.

Then Atlantic is stupid

This song was popping before billboard even knew what a cardi b was

Back