Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cardi B vs Funk Flex

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if she shares the same fate as Nicki: someone younger, with more buzz and relevance knocks her off the throne.

But you were still wrong about her music's content.
Agreed

It was clearly a troll man, c'mon

Both were dance songs

That's no different from tag team and Tootsie roll back in the day

Lol I don't know why niggas don't understand this.

They are both dance/party songs regardless of content

You didn't hear jack from tag team after that and soulja is more known for that fake ass shootout story over his music

So was "Jingling Baby", EPMD's "Its Time 2 Party", Run DMC's "Pause", Rob Base's "Get On The Dance Floor", Stezo's "It's My Turn", Twin Hype's "Do It to The Crowd" and "For Those Who Like To Groove", King Sun's "On The Club Tip", Jungle Brother's "Girl I'll House You"...

Matter of fact... Peep this shit here: Take MC Hammer's WORST radio joint from "Let's Get It Started" through "Funky Headhunter" and that shit is like Rakim bars compared to them two shits.

All of it it dance shits. All of it is far superior to that bullshit D4L and Soulja Boy dropped. So what's really your point here? Just 'cause you arbitrarily label it "dance songs" means it can be bullshit??? Nah b, that's some lazy ass shit. You making excuses for some shit that shoulda never seen the light of day.

Fuck... I'd rather listen to Tag Team or Totsie Roll... Clay D, Shy D, Poison Clan, and DJ Laz got bars compared to them niggas.

There's too many decent "dance songs" that were well written, competently produced, and overall good compared to that bullshit.

Bruh, you comparing Cardi's lyrics to people from an era where quality matters. We're not there anymore. Compare Cardi to other motha fuckas out right now. You really think her shit is weak compared to most of these other cats? Or is it jsut par for the course?

Bruh, you comparing Cardi's lyrics to people from an era where quality matters. We're not there anymore. Compare Cardi to other motha fuckas out right now. You really think her shit is weak compared to most of these other cats? Or is it jsut par for the course?

You cosigned AP when he said they were dance songs no different than Tag Team and Tootsie Roll from back inna day; he created the comparison, not me.

Now you're complaining about comparing Cardi to that same era, something I never did.

Y'all wanna excuse trash rappers by labeling it "dance songs". I point out that popular, even classic dance songs have been made by competent lyricists over the years. Now y'all moving the goal posts by saying "nah b, compare her to artists from this era".

When you gotta make this many excuses for a muhfucka, deep down you know it's trash.

And to be 100% honest; yes, her shit is weak as fuck. Bodak Yellow was some simple-Simon ass shit. Shits wasn't even clever. Id at least give it points if it was clever or if she flipped the words once in a while but damn... Nothing I've heard from her was anything other than a waste of time. You got female MC's sittin' off making actually good shit and this is who you wanna champion???

So was "Jingling Baby", EPMD's "Its Time 2 Party", Run DMC's "Pause", Rob Base's "Get On The Dance Floor", Stezo's "It's My Turn", Twin Hype's "Do It to The Crowd" and "For Those Who Like To Groove", King Sun's "On The Club Tip", Jungle Brother's "Girl I'll House You"...

Matter of fact... Peep this shit here: Take MC Hammer's WORST radio joint from "Let's Get It Started" through "Funky Headhunter" and that shit is like Rakim bars compared to them two shits.

All of it it dance shits. All of it is far superior to that bullshit D4L and Soulja Boy dropped. So what's really your point here? Just 'cause you arbitrarily label it "dance songs" means it can be bullshit??? Nah b, that's some lazy ass shit. You making excuses for some shit that shoulda never seen the light of day.

Fuck... I'd rather listen to Tag Team or Totsie Roll... Clay D, Shy D, Poison Clan, and DJ Laz got bars compared to them niggas.

There's too many decent "dance songs" that were well written, competently produced, and overall good compared to that bullshit.

You old af. Nobody under 40 knows those songs lol

You cosigned AP when he said they were dance songs no different than Tag Team and Tootsie Roll from back inna day; he created the comparison, not me.

Now you're complaining about comparing Cardi to that same era, something I never did.

Y'all wanna excuse trash rappers by labeling it "dance songs". I point out that popular, even classic dance songs have been made by competent lyricists over the years. Now y'all moving the goal posts by saying "nah b, compare her to artists from this era".

When you gotta make this many excuses for a muhfucka, deep down you know it's trash.

And to be 100% honest; yes, her shit is weak as fuck. Bodak Yellow was some simple-Simon ass shit. Shits wasn't even clever. Id at least give it points if it was clever or if she flipped the words once in a while but damn... Nothing I've heard from her was anything other than a waste of time. You got female MC's sittin' off making actually good shit and this is who you wanna champion???
koncept...ok...sooooooooooo??

its like you are trying to say people look to her to get social commentary in her records...she has a niche, and its working for her. I thought her album was ok...it definitely didnt suck, but the real issue is the fact that apparently it seems that only one female rapper can be popping at one time. THAT'S the problem.

and if i want lyrical content from a female, Rapsody more than fills this void for me.

its like you are trying to say people look to her to get social commentary in her records...she has a niche, and its working for her. I thought her album was ok...it definitely didnt suck, but the real issue is the fact that apparently it seems that only one female rapper can be popping at one time. THAT'S the problem.

and if i want lyrical content from a female, Rapsody more than fills this void for me.

But it's the female rappers that constantly keep other female rappers from popping. It's been going on for decades, the old do everything in their power to keep the new act down.

If I had my say Nicki or Cardi wouldn't be around when you got better female acts like Rapsody and Dreezy.

But it's the female rappers that constantly keep other female rappers from popping. It's been going on for decades, the old do everything in their power to keep the new act down.

If I had my say Nicki or Cardi wouldn't be around when you got better female acts like Rapsody and Dreezy.
my issue with this is, why is there room for everything under the sun with their male counterparts

but females can only fit in one of 2 boxes?

You did compare it to that era when you brought up a bunch of songs that were sorta party songs but had, in your opinion, better lyrical content. My point was that that era was different. There was better balance, but even thing, as noted, frivolous party music like the Dip (the song she bit with that line) existed. No one is arguing that respected lyricists have made decent dance songs, but I don't what club you go to if you think that the average dance song was some kinda lyrical masterpiece. lol That's just not truth now or back then.

I'm not really sure what we're arguing anymore to be honest. I think Cardi is trash. I said that, so I'm not really sure how you're getting that I'm defending her in that regard. My point is she doesn't deserve all the hate she's getting. Rap has always had popular artists that put out substanceless trash. This era is basically built on those kinds of artists. Cardi is just another one in the crowd, so why is she being singled out like she has committed some unprecedented artistic sin. Let her make her money of the people who want to buy her shit and then disappear like she inevitably will when the next microwaved star pops up.

Nicky Can rap

Cardi can not

Ppl like to hate on NM because of the pop line she be in but she can actually rap.

If she feels like Cardi being hype up and don’t deserve it oh well that’s how she feel.

Nicky Can rap

Cardi can not

Ppl like to hate on NM because of the pop line she be in but she can actually rap.

If she feels like Cardi being hype up and don’t deserve it oh well that’s how she feel.

Neither can rap

Nobody's talking about social commentary, you made that up. I ain't saying the shit needs to be Rakim-level or it sucks, I'm saying the shit can at least be clever with decent wordplay and her shit definitely ain't that.

Only one at a time? Maybe you forgot but there was a point in time where Foxy, Bahamadhia, Lil Kim, Rage, and Lyte were all poppin. More recently Young Ma, Nicki Minaj, and Iggy Azalea were the big names a couple of years ago and even now it's Cardi and Nicki with Iggy about to drop again. Not sure if you've been paying attention or not but there's almost always been more than one female MC in rotation.

Back