Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

Stop saying Ya'll, cause I am not expecting no one to be"Christlike" hahaha.

Actions are louder than your words. Period. I am not going to trust a person that says the pen is blue, bad blue pen, but has a stack of them at the house. lol

You can't preach to me about loving ones culture, themselves , heritage etc when you "supposedly" couldn't find love within your own "culture, heritage" etc.

It's all good. To each their own just don't expect me to truly 'listen' to anything that you are saying regarding these topics.

As stated, practice what you preach. Don't Just talk about it, BE about it.
Culture and Heritage are not always in line with race. Again I can't speak about a being with a white person but all of my serious relationships have been with Caribbean women. The woman that I have had a relationship that ended on bad terms was a multi generational black American. Culturally I might be closer to a non Afro Caribbean woman than a full African American woman. ( please accept these titles for the sake of this reasoning and not titles I give anyone)

why do the two have to be connected tho?

using Nate Parker as an example...why does he have to be married to a black woman to bring Nat Turner's story to the big screen

How can one reflect the Vanilla transgressions against black folk and still marry one?

That doesn't make much sense to me, yet it's more odd to you all that I would rather absorb the teachings of someone that practices what it is that they teach?

How can one reflect the Vanilla transgressions against black folk and still marry one?

That doesn't make much sense to me, yet it's more odd to you all that I would rather absorb the teachings of someone that practices what it is that they teach?

we just having a healthy back and forth

but using my example, dude went to Penn State for crying out loud...it aint like that school running rampant with African Americans

i for one and not shocked he is married to a white woman

but why does him being married to a white woman discredit the work he's done trying to help the plight of african americans?

i could see if he was out here denouncing the white man and hid his wife, but he's never hidden the fact that his wife was white

I understand your point but we can't live in a vacuum and I am by no means defending Nate Parker or anyone else but your experience as a black person doesn't change with whom you marry. It may even put you in a place of more scrutiny and even racism. If a person is with a person of a different race for hatred of their own race and/ or any reason than love than there is a bigger problem with that person.

we just having a healthy back and forth

but using my example, dude went to Penn State for crying out loud...it aint like that school running rampant with African Americans

i for one and not shocked he is married to a white woman

but why does him being married to a white woman discredit the work he's done trying to help the plight of african americans?

i could see if he was out here denouncing the white man and hid his wife, but he's never hidden the fact that his wife was white

Sir,

Would you still attend a church where the Pastor openly admits to molesting children just because he is preaching the 'supposed' word of God?

What a person DOES with their life and the decisions they make weighs heavy on their character when it comes to others.
He "may" have a message and it MAY be valid.. maybe, but no one will listen to it if it's coming out of the mouth of someone they feel they can not trust.

To (try) and checkmate you on your stance/pov/argument/perspective, I'd ask, do you let vanillas teach your kids education?

Why would a black person let a cac educate their kid(s)? and feed them BS

To (try) checkmate you on your stance/pov, I'd ask, do you let vanillas teach your kids education?

Why would a black person let a cac educated their kid(s)? and feed them BS

LMBO!

I like what you are (trying) to do, but where will it end hun? Do you eat food made by Vanilla folk? Do you drive a car made in a factory owned by a Vanilla man? Did you buy your house that was previously owned by a Vanilla family? hahaha

We will be here all day and it's unrealistic to compare the two seeing that one is MARRIAGE and the other is a teacher to your children.

I can combat the ignorance taught with teaching the TRUTHS at home, which is what most people do anyway.

How do you combat the ignorance of a black and white MARRIAGE? Do you teach your children their African history and say "but mommies people didn't mean it baby, they were just meanies back then?" :word?:

LMBO!

I like what you are (trying) to do, but where will it end hun? Do you eat food made by Vanilla folk? Do you drive a car made in a factory owned by a Vanilla man? Did you buy your house that was previously owned by a Vanilla family? hahaha

We will be here all day and it's unrealistic to compare the two seeing that one is MARRIAGE and the other is a teacher to your children.

I can combat the ignorance taught with teaching the TRUTHS at home, which is what most people do anyway.

How do you combat the ignorance of a black and white MARRIAGE? Do you teach your children their African history and say "but mommies people didn't mean it baby, they were just meanies back then?" :word?:
With all do respect Sistren, you say that Mommy didn't enslave anyone. All of us know the history and abuse of the white man globally but we can't judge a person by the actions of the others in their race or we are doomed as they are when they do the same.

With all do respect Sistren, you say that Mommy didn't enslave anyone. All of us know the history and abuse of the white man globally but we can't judge a person by the actions of the others in their race or we are doomed as they are when they do the same.

Awe ... that sounds so cute and Kumbaya-ish and it's even more adorable because I believe that you truly "believe" it.

I have a bad taste in my mouth for rapists, murders and the like. It doesn't sit well with me to WED and have children with the descendants of those who kidnapped, raped and murdered my family before me.

Sadly, in the same breath, would you and/or I be alive if said kidnapping, rape and murder didn't transpire? (Things that make you say hmm?)
So, in the eyes of some, we should be thanking them right? LMMFAO!

Better yet, I will make a movie that shows everything that happened to us by their hands and then marry their decedent to show the world how much this place has changed for the better and how we should love one another regardless of our cultural history or the current issues to date.

Not, love OURSELVES.
Not heal the damage by loving on one another.
Not mend the broken pieces of the Black family/household by being with your own and raising these children up to know that being BLACK is an amazing awesome thing and you do not have to be diluted with Vanilla or any other to have good hair, or beautiful skin, or be considered intelligent and worth something.

Because if I say, stick to your own, I am considered to be just as racist, just as bad as they are and doomed. LOL

Wow.
Whattaworld.

Sir,

Would you still attend a church where the Pastor openly admits to molesting children just because he is preaching the 'supposed' word of God?

What a person DOES with their life and the decisions they make weighs heavy on their character when it comes to others.
He "may" have a message and it MAY be valid.. maybe, but no one will listen to it if it's coming out of the mouth of someone they feel they can not trust.

i dont think thats an appropriate comparison tbh

not all white people are inherently evil imo

should you be cautious? absolutely, but that same apprehension could be applied to people of the same color as you are

Stop saying Ya'll, cause I am not expecting no one to be"Christlike" hahaha.

Actions are louder than your words. Period. I am not going to trust a person that says the pen is blue, bad blue pen, but has a stack of them at the house. lol

You can't preach to me about loving ones culture, themselves , heritage etc when you "supposedly" couldn't find love within your own "culture, heritage" etc.

It's all good. To each their own just don't expect me to truly 'listen' to anything that you are saying regarding these topics.

As stated, practice what you preach. Don't Just talk about it, BE about it.
I see what you saying but to me as long as they're making our lives better, why does it matter so much who they date/marry? Either way, the goals are met, it's kinda selfish to want that and more from someone.

Awe ... that sounds so cute and Kumbaya-ish and it's even more adorable because I believe that you truly "believe" it.

I have a bad taste in my mouth for rapists, murders and the like. It doesn't sit well with me to WED and have children with the descendants of those who kidnapped, raped and murdered my family before me.

Sadly, in the same breath, would you and/or I be alive if said kidnapping, rape and murder didn't transpire? (Things that make you say hmm?)
So, in the eyes of some, we should be thanking them right? LMMFAO!

Better yet, I will make a movie that shows everything that happened to us by their hands and then marry their decedent to show the world how much this place has changed for the better and how we should love one another regardless of our cultural history or the current issues to date.

Not, love OURSELVES.
Not heal the damage by loving on one another.
Not mend the broken pieces of the Black family/household by being with your own and raising these children up to know that being BLACK is an amazing awesome thing and you do not have to be diluted with Vanilla or any other to have good hair, or beautiful skin, or be considered intelligent and worth something.

Because if I say, stick to your own, I am considered to be just as racist, just as bad as they are and doomed. LOL

Wow.
Whattaworld.

This is the reason why I hold 1-3 minutes with them in conversation (if that long) unless, they paying me, aiding me to the money, or dropping gems to me on how to secure money or better health or any other issue that will help me or anyone that look like me be great.

Other than that. We aint got nothing to say. Please pass me by.

Last edited:
not all white people are inherently evil imo

should you be cautious? absolutely, but that same apprehension could be applied to people of the same color as you are
I see what you saying but to me as long as they're making our lives better, why does it matter so much who they date/marry? Either way, the goals are met, it's kinda selfish to want that and more from someone.

You fall for that which you entertain. I don't EVER have to worry about falling in love with a Vanilla person because I will never entertain the thought and therefore will not act upon it.

I am only expecting a person who is for his people to entertain and love his people.. that's it!

I don't think I am being irrational/selfish with that request.

Sir,

giphy.gif

Not even comparable fam

would there still be outrage if Jesse Williams allegedly cheated on a white wife?

Back