Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

When I was a child I thought the goal was harmony peace love etc. But I went to Robert E. Lee elementary and Jefferson Davis middle school. My dad was in Vietnam before they integrated schools. In the 90s they put a noose up at his job.

My parents never said don't date white folks but wtf I look like doing that shit. not even based of racial stuff or history but white folks don't even shower everyday.

Trying to think we just gonna love racism away is childish. And what white person is going to deny their white privilege?

she says there's another reason y she keeps him hidden from her public events lmao but i think that's the underlying one
cuz people are fickle and closed minded as hell....they want things to only be one way......

even when you tryna do good, it's like you still can't keep it 100....cuz 100 ain't gonna be as effective.....

it's hilariously ironic...

no one accepts a 100% honest leader...people set unrealistic standards that forces leaders to become an image in order to have a following...

then the same people prey on their downfall and take glee in exposing they're not living up to the image they forced them into in the first place.....

:smh:

along these same lines, when John Singleton and the Hughes Brothers, etc... were making films in the 90s that showed a bunch of ignorant shit, the feeling was 'but they keeping it real', "they showing what its like in the hood"...etc...

where was the outrage then?

Aye, I am equal across the board. I don't watch HTGAWM, Scandal, or that other show Taraji is in because I do not like the way african american woman AND Men are depicted.

Where as you have a slew of folks that will look down on me because I am not "supporting" black television shows and their actors/actresses.

F that!

Do rich folks have to live modest if they're helping poor folks? Does them living in a house with a pool in the back make them "inconsistent" in their efforts?
poor people don't want help from rich people.....they want to kill the rich people and take what's rightfully theirs....

This. I have a friend who is really prolific in her city for her work in the black community n bringing white ppl to task. does ted talks n shit.

dating a white guy. she doesn't take him out in public
What do you think of the mayor's wife?

I would have to look into the relationship/situation a bit deeper than on an outside appearance to make that determination.

A white woman could be more pro/woke than I am and wanting to do more behind/or on the scenes than I am doing for my ppl. She may have a understanding of white supremacy and be one of the very few that wants to replace it with justice.

Again, what are the actions/demeanor of this white person that this black person is dating will determine if it sits well with me. I couldn't care less though

Do rich folks have to live modest if they're helping poor folks? Does them living in a house with a pool in the back make them "inconsistent" in their efforts?

You reaching now Sir.

giphy.gif

has anybody said it takes away from their work for the community? they're saying it takes away from the 'purity' or consistency of their pro-black mindset, not that it negates their actions or contributions. you can delve deeper into the person without undermining their work.

also, mentioning a man accused of rape in the same breath as a man who simply has a white wife isn't a good example b
absolutely they have expressed it takes away from their work

here and on the IC

What do you think of the mayor's wife?
I like her. I only knew of her when she became the mayor's wife tho. I think it's more surprising when u know someone in their own right, particularly in relation to their work for the advancement of the black community, then u google or see them around with a white SO.
absolutely they have expressed it takes away from their work

here and on the IC
Ah, well. I wldn't go as far as saying it takes away from their work. Ppl who think it detracts from a pro-black mentality aren't a monolith, we exist on a spectrum too.

Aye, I am equal across the board. I don't watch HTGAWM, Scandal, or that other show Taraji is in because I do not like the way african american woman AND Men are depicted.

Where as you have a slew of folks that will look down on me because I am not "supporting" black television shows and their actors/actresses.

F that!

ok

then you arent who im referring to Reese

You reaching now Sir.

giphy.gif
Not even, it's a perfect parable. Yall expecting a perfect christ like figure but as soon they do something yall don't approve of because it doesn't fit your definition of "woke" yall wanna demonize them or make them impious.

The only thing that should matter are their actions and the effect of those actions. If they're making life better for black people and hell, everyone else, then they have my support. Them fucking becky/bryce means nothing to me cus I'm not worried about superficial things.

Identity politics/holier than thou attitudes will ruin this "woke" movement before it even enacts any long lasting change.

Not even, it's a perfect parable. Yall expecting a perfect christ like figure but as soon they do something yall don't approve of because it doesn't fit your definition of "woke" yall wanna demonize them or make them impious.

The only thing that should matter are their actions and the effect of those actions. If they're making life better for black people and hell, everyone else, then they have my support. Them fucking becky/bryce means nothing to me cus I'm not worried about superficial things.

Identity politics/holier than thou attitudes will ruin this "woke" movement before it even enacts any long lasting change.
this is pretty spot on.....

especially the christ like reference... cuz that's the only way christianity ever flies is if christ is perfect...people cant follow a flawed man.....

the one thing about you they don't like justifies disregarding everything good you've ever done....

How do you define "woke"?

The way I define it, it is possible. But then I do not think being "woke" as I define it will be enough to fight and advance the cause. You need more than "woke".

YMMV.

Some of our most prominent African american leaders who stood at the front lines for civil rights, racial justice, equality...were married to a white person.

Some of our most prominent African american leaders who stood at the front lines for civil rights, racial justice, equality...were married to a white person.
have them stricken from the record

latest

Stop saying Ya'll, cause I am not expecting no one to be"Christlike" hahaha.

Actions are louder than your words. Period. I am not going to trust a person that says the pen is blue, bad blue pen, but has a stack of them at the house. lol

You can't preach to me about loving ones culture, themselves , heritage etc when you "supposedly" couldn't find love within your own "culture, heritage" etc.

It's all good. To each their own just don't expect me to truly 'listen' to anything that you are saying regarding these topics.

As stated, practice what you preach. Don't Just talk about it, BE about it.

Stop saying Ya'll, cause I am not expecting no one to be"Christlike" hahaha.

Actions are louder than your words. Period. I am not going to trust a person that says the pen is blue, bad blue pen, but has a stack of them at the house. lol

You can't preach to me about loving ones culture, themselves , heritage etc when you "supposedly" couldn't find love within your own "culture, heritage" etc.

It's all good. To each their own just don't expect me to truly 'listen' to anything that you are saying regarding these topics.

As stated, practice what you preach. Don't Just talk about it, BE about it.

why do the two have to be connected tho?

using Nate Parker as an example...why does he have to be married to a black woman to bring Nat Turner's story to the big screen

Back