Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

lmao I dont have to travel outside the US to know that Anti-Blackness is global
I do not disagree with you but we are talking about a relationship taking away ones blackness and the system that makes us oppressed. My point is other people have oppressed us that aren't white.

I think you know my post well enough to know that I don't flatter myself. It was a question about perspective. I will try not to insult you but please don't insult me again.

By saying don't flatter yourself? Didn't think that was insulting, but if it was, my fault.

I'm saying I'm sure most of us have been outside of the country and can see the differences within the cultures. We know there's bullshit that's happening in other areas. I would prefer we focus on what's going on with US.

we arent talking protests, we are talking about relationships

plus I dont care if you are protesting alongside me if you aren't actively working to dismantle these racist systems in which you perpetuate.

I dont care about performative outrage

I'll clap when Im impressed
i fear the problem is that when you are to the point where you're completely closed mind about interracial relationships as counter active.....
it makes it seem as if the goal isn't to destroy racial systems....it's to replace the current system with one that only favors blacks....

which makes the whole thing seem hypocritical....

is the goal truly harmony? cuz if it's peace and harmony, there should be no issue with interracial relationships....

but as many suspect...that's not the goal many "woke" folk want... they're more on a extremist direction that places them in the power of the oppressors on some animal house shit.....

but i'm sleep.....:host:

By saying don't flatter yourself? Didn't think that was insulting, but if it was, my fault.

I'm saying I'm sure most of us have been outside of the country and can see the differences within the cultures. We know there's bullshit that's happening in other areas. I would prefer we focus on what's going on with US.
And my point is that ones blackness is not in whom we marry or date and that the system is bigger globally than just limited to a color.

I do not disagree with you but we are talking about a relationship taking away ones blackness and the system that makes us oppressed. My point is other people have oppressed us that aren't white.

So we should give them a pass because there's more than one oppressor? makes sense lol

i fear the problem is that when you are to the point where you're completely closed mind about interracial relationships as counter active.....
it makes it seem as if the goal isn't to destroy racial systems....it's to replace the current system with one that only favors blacks....

which makes the whole thing seem hypocritical....

is the goal truly harmony? cuz if it's peace and harmony, there should be no issue with interracial relationships....

but as many suspect...that's not the goal many "woke" folk want... they're more on a extremist direction that places them in the power of the oppressors on some animal house shit.....

but i'm sleep.....:host:

"Harmony"
"Diversity"
"Inclusion"

is a neoliberal value

Im here for decolonization and reparations tbh

So we should give them a pass because there's more than one oppressor? makes sense lol
not at all but I am not fighting a country war I am fighting a global war and anyone who believes in the system is my enemy regardless of color. So I am with you on your struggle but are you with me on our bigger struggle as a people

Which country isn't part of a system?

People can barely afford rent, how do they pack up and leave?
That's my point, people have a very unrealistic view of what being "woke" really is. It's more than just marching, tweeting dank memes to other "woke" people, and discussing the latest injustice committed against a poc.

Being "woke" is akin to slactivism in my mind, I feel many people just say they are for cool internet points rather than for true long term change. All of the above that I mentioned as describing what being "woke" really is are fine and dandy for getting people interested but it's not enacting long term change in any visible way. Florida is still a stand your ground state, police get away with non judicial killings damn regularly, and poor people (many of which are poc's are about to get fucked by a new healthcare bill).

"Woke" people need to get active and inact change instead of flirting with change.

not at all but I am not fighting a country war I am fighting a global war and anyone who believes in the system is my enemy regardless of color. So I am with you on your struggle but are you with me on our bigger struggle as a people

I'm all for that, but it's hard to fight a mega giant when we can't even get past the giant.

You fall in love with that which you entertain, if you out here 'entertaining" vanilla folk in that way then I would say that you are lost already.

Some of ya'll can front and act all "LOVE rules all" if you want to, but I find it difficult to listen to a pro black/woke message from a black person married to a vanilla person. That's just being 100 with you.

How dare you come speak to me about loving myself, loving our people, our culture etc and you laid up with Sara/Billy.

Ijs.
people are fickle by nature.....

love is organic as fuck,......a dude could be 100% dedicated to the cause... but a lotta these movements are highly philosophical in nature....and when you're constantly talking about something you're passionate about,. there's no telling who you're going to attract....

i mean call it what you want....but the shit happens....

i think letting it discourage you is shallow as fuck to the movement.... because...it stops progressing...

but how many black leaders was fucking with white chicks.....not all of them, not even a large majority.....but sometimes shit happens.....

ya'l can't be letting shit like that take your focus,...

you think it's more helpful or hurtful to black people when we dismiss all the works jesse williams......dude passionate about his work... he gonna do him regardless.....but when we won't accept it outta spite cuz of who he fucking.....

that hurts everybody....

i mean.... whatever thou....it's not surprising... people are fickle as shit,....i've come to expect shit like this from woke folk tho.....

maybe it's best if niggaz just stay celebate when they tryna lead a movement.....cuz yall more worried who a nigga fucking than who he helping....

Im sorry, I still don't understand how you can fuck a white person and then turn around and talk about how oppressive white people/white supremacy/whiteness is

I have a friend that speaks ill of white people daily but is steadily dating them

my good girlfriend runs a cop watch workshop in NYC and she is dating a white woman
you would never believe that if you read her tweets lmao

It makes no sense

and after this conversation...

IT STILL MAKES NO SENSE

Reparations are an unrealistic goal

tenor.gif

I'm all for that, but it's hard to fight a mega giant when we can't even get past the giant.
And tho I spend time in this country I am a black man first. I was born in St Croix. This Continental Amirika is just a stopping point. You are black in America not American!!!! Is being American your goal? Because they will never view you as such. There will always be a word that you have to put in front of that. So how can any of us ever call this place home?

Reparations are an unrealistic goal
they're very real if you want war....

you take someone's land by force... and you have your payment....

niggaz have no issue with the way things are ran,....they just wanna run it....

Im sorry, I still don't understand how you can fuck a white person and then turn around and talk about how oppressive white people/white supremacy/whiteness is

I have a friend that speaks ill of white people daily but is steadily dating them

my good girlfriend runs a cop watch workshop in NYC and she is dating a white woman
you would never believe that if you read her tweets lmao

It makes no sense

and after this conversation...

IT STILL MAKES NO SENSE
i know alcohol is harmful yet i have a beer every day....

Back