Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

So you think that white people are the only ones. The Arabs have Babylonian beliefs but we shouldn't dislike them? In the Caribbean the it may be a East Indians. But I forget Americans only know white people as oppressors so it is easy for you to base your system on that color. There are rich black people that control other black people is that ok or we will just deal with that later. You are only speaking of your system.

Many Arabs are considered white by their own standards. Arab slave trade shows they not us. Talking about white folks does not mean other oppressors get to pass but also many of these other oppressors are supporters of whiteness. India is an example, Japan, Arab world eyc

Nobody is truly "woke" tho, if you're still living in the system then how can you claim to be the genuine article? A real revolutionary?

I feel like we have this unrealistic view of what being "woke" really is..............

No disrespect to any of you but some of you have not left the continental United States so you don't see the bigger picture. All you know is what happens here or what you see through the tell lies vision. Or your internet. Travel, read learn about different cultures and you will understand a more worldly view of yourself. Yes if you life in this place you understand slavery and you know who enslaved you. But please don't be so narrow to think that anyone can remove your blackness because that is the person you love or that person is automatically a person that because they are white has no value to you as a person or us as a people.

No disrespect to any of you but some of you have not left the continental United States so you don't see the bigger picture. All you know is what happens here or what you see through the tell lies vision. Or your internet. Travel, read learn about different cultures and you will understand a more worldly view of yourself. Yes if you life in this place you understand slavery and you know who enslaved you. But please don't be so narrow to think that anyone can remove your blackness because that is the person you love or that person is automatically a person that because they are white has no value to you as a person or us as a people.

You still never answered the question. White people do more for blacks than blacks? lol Explain.

How does someone not live in the system?
You "leave" it, there are a few ways to do so.

1. Live off the grid

2. Move, to a country that you feel isn't apart of the "system"

3. Slowly erode at it's columns and institutions, which is the most realistic approach, major political change takes a lot of time.

I feel like a lot of people think fighting the system is gonna be like some red dawn shit or something.

You still never answered the question. White people do more for blacks than blacks? lol Explain.
I am sure I didn't say all white people. I am saying someone married to a white person. I live in New York where the mayor is married to a black woman and he has fought to stop some of the things like stop and frisk and other things . Is she less woke?

I've lived outside of the US for YEARS. That's no excuse to be ignorant to what's going on in the states.

1. Live off the grid

3. Slowly erode at it's columns and institutions, which is the most realistic approach, major political change takes a lot of time.
He is not going to understand that. I tried before.

1. Live off the grid

I feel like a lot of people think fighting the system is gonna be like some red dawn shit or something.

Which country isn't part of a system?

People can barely afford rent, how do they pack up and leave?

If a person out here protesting and speaking up on the plight of black people then who he's sleeping with shouldn't be a cause for ignoring the message.

we arent talking protests, we are talking about relationships

plus I dont care if you are protesting alongside me if you aren't actively working to dismantle these racist systems in which you perpetuate.

I dont care about performative outrage

I'll clap when Im impressed

lmaooo u really think you're the only person who's been out the states or seen some shit. Don't flatter yourself fam.
I think you know my post well enough to know that I don't flatter myself. It was a question about perspective. I will try not to insult you but please don't insult me again.

lmao I dont have to travel outside the US to know that Anti-Blackness is global

You fall in love with that which you entertain, if you out here 'entertaining" vanilla folk in that way then I would say that you are lost already.

Some of ya'll can front and act all "LOVE rules all" if you want to, but I find it difficult to listen to a pro black/woke message from a black person married to a vanilla person. That's just being 100 with you.

How dare you come speak to me about loving myself, loving our people, our culture etc and you laid up with Sara/Billy.

Ijs.

Back