Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

I don't have a tumblr sorry

I read books.

I know you're young but there are people that actually study racial/feminist theory because they're genuinely interested and not for likes, Rts, and shares.

ALL men are patriarchal bc performing the norm of masculinity itself operates at the expense of women.
I'm aware of that, what I find absolutely mind blowing is that people think this line of thinking will produce change. (I don't mean this as an insult, more so just my thoughts)

People are very sensitive for the most part when it comes to pointing out situations or systems they benefit from, and for people who aren't aware or "woke" to their privileges it can feel like an attack on their very being. Which is why this line of logic doesn't work at changing minds, it usually puts the privileged group on the defensive (some racist, others not) and in turn makes it counter productive to achieving change for the oppressed group, since you as the oppressed need the oppressor to change and without allies from the other group your movement gets no where in the long run.

That line of thinking while logical from an again "black and white" p.o.v seems reasonable but from a real world p.o.v it's a self inflicted gunshot, it leaves no room for political savvy, it goes straight for the jugular and that just doesn't have a great track record in terms of enacting change.

Last edited:
I'm aware of that, what I find absolutely mind blowing is that people think this line of thinking will produce change. (I don't mean this as an insult, more so just my thoughts)

People are very sensitive for the most part when it comes to pointing out situations or systems they benefit from, and for people who aren't aware or "woke" to their privileges it can feel like an attack on their very being. Which is why this line of logic doesn't work at changing minds, it usually puts the privileged group on the defensive (some racist, others not) and in turn makes it counter productive to achieving change for the oppressed group, since you as the oppressed need the oppressor to change and without allies from the other size your movement gets no where in the long run.

That line of thinking while logical from an again "black and white" p.o.v seems reasonable but from a real world p.o.v it's a self inflicted gunshot, it leaves no room for political savvy, it goes straight for the jugular and that just doesn't have a great track record in terms of enacting change.

Thinking_face.jpg

Joshie Poo is so smart!
ObOQL.gif

I hope I'm not going to far out here because I do that. But often black folks we have this thing about us that where we have to prove to the world that we are better than our oppressors by not seeking revenge, vengeance, justice and being nicer than they are idk if it's a Christian thing or whatever. But I think it denies our humanity in a way. Why should we deny our feelings just to say we better than white folks. We get on tv and forgive them killing us the day after it happens. It's fake as hell. It's not about being better than white folks imo. It's about knowing we just as human as they are and we don't have to be nice or like they ass or tolerate the bullshit.

So say a dude married a white Woman back in like the early 90's...

Slipped up, got her pregnant. Had a kid got married.

Dude go on to college, get educated. Got master's, PhD's, public speaker motivational speaker, recognized activist.

Does more for the movement than anybody.

Dude in his 50's and done more groundwork than you can imagine
He ain't just at the marches.... He puts them together....

Bruh at the head table....

But that white wife tho.......

Depends on what he did. I mean he gonna be black always and his kids but that don't mean woke

I don't have a tumblr sorry

I read books.

I know you're young but there are people that actually study racial/feminist theory because they're genuinely interested and not for likes, Rts, and shares.

ALL men are patriarchal bc performing the norm of masculinity itself operates at the expense of women.
I have never no signed anyone but if I was going to this would be the first. My king and Queen were crowned at the same time and I understand relationship between alpha and omega so your labeling of all men patriarchal is saddening. You are entitled to your belief but putting people in boxes is dangerous and separatist. Is your ultimate fight just for black woman? How can a man being a man operate at the expense of woman. The house is run by the matriarch of the famiy which is a woman so if she excercises her power is it at the expense of the man. Woman have the most powerful job on the planet but it doesn't take away from man. Balance.

I have never no signed anyone but if I was going to this would be the first. My king and Queen were crowned at the same time and I understand relationship between alpha and omega so your labeling of all men patriarchal is saddening. You are entitled to your belief but putting people in boxes is dangerous and separatist. Is your ultimate fight just for black woman? How can a man being a man operate at the expense of woman. The house is run by the matriarch of the famiy which is a woman so if she excercises her power is it at the expense of the man. Woman have the most powerful job on the planet but it doesn't take away from man. Balance.

If you noticed I stopped engaging you after you said you were Rastafarian

...and after reading this post, I made the right decision.

@Race Jones, I am sure you are a very pleasant person and your enthusiasm is above the normal but you hating someone for being a color is almost unstandable but hating men for being men and saying men benefit from a system that is designed for men you are running out of things to hate. Do you want a society that is all women? I mean know disrespect but what does your comfortable world look like?

People are very sensitive for the most part when it comes to pointing out situations or systems they benefit from, and for people who aren't aware or "woke" to their privileges it can feel like an attack on their very being. Which is why this line of logic doesn't work at changing minds, it usually puts the privileged group on the defensive (some racist, others not) and in turn makes it counter productive to achieving change for the oppressed group, since you as the oppressed need the oppressor to change and without allies from the other group your movement gets no where in the long run.

I dont have the energy to unpack this.

At the end of the day...
IMG_0711.GIF

If you noticed I stopped engaging you after you said you were Rastafarian

...and after reading this post, I made the right decision.
Ok. We don't need to get into a conversation if you disagree with what I am saying based on the fact that I am Rasta. I will no longer address you in this thread.

I dont have the energy to unpack this.

At the end of the day...
View attachment 9112
Oh so I won!?

tumblr_mh9me9eRxL1qlm8nco1_400.gif

Nothing, I just noticed they typically share: "there's only one race, the human race" sentiment

And there's no point in debating that
Sorry but I have to clarify what you said we believe that all races are part of the bigger race which is the human race not that there is only one race. I hope you didn't put me on ignore because there is a big difference between the two

Sorry but I have to clarify what you said we believe that all races are part of the bigger race which is the human race not that there is only one race. I hope you didn't put me on ignore because there is a big difference between the two

That's not the same thing I said?

*blink blink*

I could destroy this thread but I'll let y'all have it. Old Man Cain had a bad day today and I'm here for comedy at the moment. I'll swing thru here later if I'm up to being serious.

Oh and @Race Jones hunny bunny you gave me a wack :( that's your first negative reaction to me. I will make it up to you!!!

I could destroy this thread but I'll let y'all have it. Old Man Cain had a bad day today and I'm here for comedy at the moment. I'll swing thru here later if I'm up to being serious.

Oh and @Race Jones hunny bunny you gave me a wack :( that's your first negative reaction to me. I will make it up to you!!!

IMG_0685.GIF

Back