Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

Show the post where I advocated for more money? You won't be able to because it's a point I never made. I'm simply stating that 220K for an athlete isn't the ticket yall think it is considering the out of pocket expenses that cones with being an athlete

Why are yall trying to make counter arguments to points that were never made?

You right. I thought you was piggybacking off elzo because he was talking about if she got paid more she wouldn’t have to go overseas even though she makes tons of money

U mean tons of money for a nigga like you
Lmao. Do you know her salary + endorsement? 1 million dollar just with 1 company on top of others

She make more money that 99% of folks in the world and you wanna say “for a nigga like you”

You really upset because she don’t make NBA money when she makes enough money to live life on easy mode.

Folks always said you was elitist but damn

Last edited:
Also she makes more money overseas than she does in the WNBA

Yes nigga. It’s part of her income. You talking about if she got paid more she wouldn’t have to go there when she has million dollars endorsement on top of WNBA salary that comes with perks and connections.

You shifted blame for what she did to the WNBA because she don’t get paid enough lol. @Sony Montana this that folks wanna lay blame on others instead of the person who’s responsible stuff I was talking about

Yes nigga. It’s part of her income. You talking about if she got paid more she wouldn’t have to go there when she has million dollars endorsement on top of WNBA salary that comes with perks and connections.

You shifted blame for what she did to the WNBA because she don’t get paid enough lol. @Sony Montana this that folks wanna lay blame on others instead of the person who’s responsible stuff I was talking about
A million dollar endorsement contract …. Do u know the contract breakdown?

then again how far a million goes anyway for a pro athlete today when u got niggas like LeBron and Russ spending like 2-3 mil a year just to maintain their body

This nigga in here just loud and wrong.

Tesla makes a profit, but that's not how Elon makes his money. His primary job is considered to be SpaceX, Tesla is a side hustle. He also made his money originally from PayPal. This is in addition to several other companies (boring company, neuralink, etc.) is why he is so wealthy.

Conversely the WNBA not only doesn't make money, it actually loses several millions of dollars every year and has done so for its entire existence. It has been entirely subsidized by the NBA, recently they raised outside funding for the first time in hopes of being able to generate enough interest to actually turn a profit.

Somehow you thought this situation was comparable to Ukraine receiving money from the United States Government? Let's just move on from that one.

End of the day no situation you outlined explains where the fucking money is supposed to come from for a failing enterprise to raise employee wages.

And yet, between her WNBA salary, endorsements, royalties from likeness deals, personal appearances, et al. she could EASILY live a comfortable life without having to play overseas. Doing so was entirely an optional choice that she willingly made and she is entirely at fault for not adhering to Russian law while traveling in their country.

Are their laws draconian and archaic? Of course. And I hope she finds a way home. But she knew the game when she signed up for it and she has no one to blame but herself for the situation she finds herself in.

This nigga in here just loud and wrong.

Tesla makes a profit, but that's not how Elon makes his money. His primary job is considered to be SpaceX, Tesla is a side hustle. He also made his money originally from PayPal. This is in addition to several other companies (boring company, neuralink, etc.) is why he is so wealthy.

Conversely the WNBA not only doesn't make money, it actually loses several millions of dollars every year and has done so for its entire existence. It has been entirely subsidized by the NBA, recently they raised outside funding for the first time in hopes of being able to generate enough interest to actually turn a profit.

Somehow you thought this situation was comparable to Ukraine receiving money from the United States Government? Let's just move on from that one.

End of the day no situation you outlined explains where the fucking money is supposed to come from for a failing enterprise to raise employee wages.

And yet, between her WNBA salary, endorsements, royalties from likeness deals, personal appearances, et al. she could EASILY live a comfortable life without having to play overseas. Doing so was entirely an optional choice that she willingly made and she is entirely at fault for not adhering to Russian law while traveling in their country.

Are their laws draconian and archaic? Of course. And I hope she finds a way home. But she knew the game when she signed up for it and she has no one to blame but herself for the situation she finds herself in.
498926B6-80F6-4C25-98CE-24F91F9732CD.jpeg

You got this backwards bro. His stake in Tesla is worth upwards of $130 billion whereas SpaceX as a whole is only currently valued at ~$120 billion and he only owns like 48% of that. His money comes from borrowing against or selling his Tesla stock as SpaceX is a private company right now.

Tesla's revenue is something like $50 billion, SpaceX ain't even coming close to clearing that on those government launch contracts and Starlink isn't even close to being profitable yet. Last I checked, SpaceX was bringing in like $2 billion.

Tesla is the main hustle to fund SpaceX right now until SpaceX gets it's bigger projects in the black. Shotwell runs the day to day operations over at SpaceX.

Last edited:
Back