Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

Besides.. It's hard not to take every shot possible at someone that claims they had to play ball in a foreign country 'cause they couldn't live off the $220k they were making when the average income for a family with two working adults in my city is just short of $60k.

Besides.. It's hard not to take every shot possible at someone that claims they had to play ball in a foreign country 'cause they couldn't live off the $220k they were making when the average income for a family with two working adults in my city is just short of $60k.

Dog did she say that or did elzo say that? And you’re a black native that shot you took is coonlike lol like you stand for the pledge. Not trying to debate your point you already stated it.

Dog did she say that or did elzo say that? And you’re a black native that shot you took is coonlike lol like you stand for the pledge. Not trying to debate your point you already stated it.

Many WNBA players stated they play overseas because they don’t make enough money from the WNBA.

if not I don’t see the reason for them to play if money wasn’t the factor when you’re already in the best womens league in the world

Many WNBA players stated they play overseas because they don’t make enough money from the WNBA.

if not I don’t see the reason for them to play if money wasn’t the factor when you’re already in the best womens league in the world

For Griner, I think she was making an extra $1 million on that Russian team. Money don't necessarily have to be an issue for you to want some extra bread.

Last edited:

Ain't nothin "coon-like" about it, just a level of irony that hasn't gone unnoticed by quite a few people. That's like hollerin' "Fuck the police" all the time and even in a cops face, but dialing 911 when some shit pops in your direction.

Can you at least agree with that?

My position in this whole ordeal with her has been the same: You did that shit, you got caught, now you gotta sit down for it just like everybody else. She's been doing this for a minute, so she ain't exactly naieve about Russia's drug laws.

but I’m saying koncept said Griner stated she can’t live off her wnba salary I know why they play over there y’all had a whole discussion on it. I feel like some of y’all feel like she is asking too much. When we ain’t really hear her say anything besides she guilty.

Ain't nothin "coon-like" about it, just a level of irony that hasn't gone unnoticed by quite a few people. That's like hollerin' "Fuck the police" all the time and even in a cops face, but dialing 911 when some shit pops in your direction.

My position in this whole ordeal with her has been the same: You did that shit, you got caught, now you gotta sit down for it just like everybody else. She's been doing this for a minute, so she ain't exactly naieve about Russia's drug laws.

No I can’t agree with that. You forget police just shot a dude 60 times. You know how police get down you’re older than me. You have probably said duck the police but if a nigga steal your computer you’re gonna call them because they may have the resources to get it back. Expecting them to do their job does not mean I have to like them or be nice. She admitted she guilty bruh did she run from her responsibility or something.

im not understanding the personal investment

but I’m saying koncept said Griner stated she can’t live off her wnba salary I know why they play over there y’all had a whole discussion on it. I feel like some of y’all feel like she is asking too much. When we ain’t really hear her say anything besides she guilty.

The IG post where she said it was taken down, but what she most directly said was "... It would be nice to make even half of what they (NBA players) make. ... I just know we (WNBA players) don’t make shit."

The whole reasoning behind her being in Russia in the first place was the "pay inequality" between her salary and an average NBA player's salary.

Not really the same situation.

Saying you dont think the national anthem should be played at games doesnt mean you hate the country... nor does it mean you shouldnt have an expectation that your country advocate to get you out of a fucked up situation overseas.

Being critical and wanting better of your country dont mean you forfeit advocacy and rights

The IG post where she said it was taken down, but what she most directly said was "... It would be nice to make even half of what they (NBA players) make. ... I just know we (WNBA players) don’t make shit."

The whole reasoning behind her being in Russia in the first place was the "pay inequality" between her salary and an average NBA player's salary.

This is called confirmation bias.

No I can’t agree with that. You forget police just shot a dude 60 times. You know how police get down you’re older than me. You have probably said duck the police but if a nigga steal your computer you’re gonna call them because they may have the resources to get it back. Expecting them to do their job does not mean I have to like them or be nice. She admitted she guilty bruh did she run from her responsibility or something.

im not understanding the personal investment

Have I said it? You goddamned right I did, every time I was held at gunpoint, every time I had my ass beat by cops, you're right as hell: I yelled "Fuck tha police!" because it was personal. I was directly attacked and/or harassed by cops, so yeah "Fuck the police" and I said it with authority and anybody in the unfortunate position to have gone through shit like that has every right to AND expect them to do their jobs if need be, but that ain't what's going on here with Brittney.

I have no personal investment in this. I'm merely an observer and I point out what I see. I saw an irony, as did other people, and I posted it a meme about it that came across my timeline.

To be perfectly honest, whether she comes home or not ain't on my radar; I genuinely don't give a fuck. I got more shit to worry about in the real world in front of me to be sittin' off actually caring about some sports figure or celebrity's plight. She pled guilty, good, now sentence her and let's move on.

You can take a shot at her if you want … That’s cool, but that meme you posted was on some Tucker Carlson, Jason Whitlock, MAGA-esque type troll shit.

You coulda posted a better example… One that was actually funny .

My 2 cents.

You can take a shot at her if you want … That’s cool, but that meme you posted was on some Tucker Carlson, Jason Whitlock, MAGA-esque type troll shit.

You coulda posted a better example… One that was actually funny .

My 2 cents.

Every joke ain't gonna land.

I didn't make it, I just posted it.

Back