Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Breaking Bad - A Hindsight Discussion

Finished series last night.

SMH @ me for not watching in real time. Show was dope, still a lil over hyped.

And I still don't get all the Skyler hate. She did some F'ed shit, but nothing compared to Walt.

The only true Fuk'd up shit she did, imo, was her being blinded to her actions at Beneke, while condemning Walt for his. Her ass became a criminal just like Walt when she decided to willingly cook the books for Ted.

Finished series last night.

SMH @ me for not watching in real time. Show was dope, still a lil over hyped.

And I still don't get all the Skyler hate. She did some F'ed shit, but nothing compared to Walt.

The only true Fuk'd up shit she did, imo, was her being blinded to her actions at Beneke, while condemning Walt for his. Her ass became a criminal just like Walt when she decided to willingly cook the books for Ted.
just curious but why do you think its overhyped

just curious but why do you think its overhyped

Probably because before I started watching it, it was seemly always compared to The Wire. While it is great show, and will probably finish 2-3 in our Tournament, it didn't have anywhere near the depth, realism, & characaters The Wire had, imo.

One of the story/plot points, that I liked and had me like "really" at the same time. Was that the entire series took place over the course of a year & some change, minus the last 2 episodes.

They went thru ALL that inna year. :sayword:

Probably because before I started watching it, it was seemly always compared to The Wire. While it is great show, and will probably finish 2-3 in our Tournament, it didn't have anywhere near the depth, realism, & characaters The Wire had, imo.

One of the story/plot points, that I liked and had me like "really" at the same time. Was that the entire series took place over the course of a year & some change, minus the last 2 episodes.

It's actually 2 years and some change based on his birthday breakfast with that bacon nonsense.

Off topic, what's the time frame for Power? Lol.

It's actually 2 years and some change based on his birthday breakfast with that bacon nonsense.

Off topic, what's the time frame for Power? Lol.

LOL. I said minus the last 2 episodes. Those were the only episodes w/ significant time jumps.

From season 1, ep 1 to season 5 ep 14 was just a year and some change.

fair criticisms although i've personally NEVER compared this show and the wire

I think they are both two of the best shows over the last 15 years that will be talked about for years to come

people used to piss me tf off when they compared the wire and power

fair criticisms although i've personally NEVER compared this show and the wire

I think they are both two of the best shows over the last 15 years that will be talked about for years to come

people used to piss me tf off when they compared the wire and power

Yeah I think alot of the comparison came because, obviously, the drug angle, plus BB premiered just a year after The Wire's final season. I think had BB started now, it'd be little, to no comparison to The Wire.

Yeah Power got the same thing early on, but I think by season 2 it died down.

tumblr_mu7fcajYQG1somvqno1_250.gifv
tumblr_mu7fcajYQG1somvqno2_250.gifv

Man that shit was a chore

You wanna do a hindsight thread for that one?

Naw, don't matter. I was just curious. I watched the shit and it was pretty damn good. It's just a show I don't hear talked about that much. But it's also prolly a bit more entertaining to me cuz I live not to far from that area and know them kinda niggas.

The only bad season to me was when they all left the country and I think they went to Ireland.
We agree here but when they introduced Pope, it started being eye roll central

I don't wanna derail this thread so I'll make the one for SOA

Back