Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Breaking Bad - A Hindsight Discussion

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
This seems to be picking up steam.

Let's discuss this show and how great it was.

Cant believe its been 4 years since the last episode aired.

b61.jpg
Mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher Walter White thinks his life can't get much worse. His salary barely makes ends meet, a situation not likely to improve once his pregnant wife gives birth, and their teenage son is battling cerebral palsy. But Walter is dumbstruck when he learns he has terminal cancer. Realizing that his illness probably will ruin his family financially, Walter makes a desperate bid to earn as much money as he can in the time he has left by turning an old RV into a meth lab on wheels.

Last edited:
I've always felt sorry for Jesse until the last season. No matter what you can't do the shit you did and then turn into a snitch because you get a conscience. That dude wasn't admitting to Hank that he killed Gayle.

Walter was the the most selfish character on the show

he hid his selfishness behind the guise of his family, when in reality, he was driven by power and the ability to control and manipulate people. Walt's character is probably one of the best 5 in the past decade of TV, but dude was a POS when you really think about it

dont @ me either

Walter was the the most selfish character on the show

he hid his selfishness behind the guise of his family, when in reality, he was driven by power and the ability to control and manipulate people. Walt's character is probably one of the best 5 in the past decade of TV, but dude was a POS when you really think about it

dont @ me either
This hella true

not gon lie, thought i was gonna awake to some titangraphs defending walter

i had it on my mind today lol

@Goldie

I'm just now seeing ur post lol and yea, you're bugging.

When you get the news you're about to die ina few months, you think differently than the normal person. U can't get in that business and not focus on power and use manipulation. He and his fam would've been dead within the first month if he didn't think like that.

Skylar, her sister and jesse at certain points were just as foul if not worse.

I'm just now seeing ur post lol and yea, you're bugging.

When you get the news you're about to die ina few months, you think differently than the normal person. U can't get in that business and not focus on power and use manipulation. He and his fam would've been dead within the first month if he didn't think like that.

Skylar, her sister and jesse at certain points were just as foul if not worse.

how much more different do you think they would've been had Walter just died instead of bringing them into his bullshit?

I dont question Walter's initial motives at all, but once things got better, he could've stopped. It was his greed and his lust for power that got him in the situations he found himself in. Time after time, all he did was manipulate Jesse. He lied to him over and over, and kept telling him that it was for his own good.

Walter was a POS by the end of the show which is why it ended the way it did with him trying to get some redemption.

how much more different do you think they would've been had Walter just died instead of bringing them into his bullshit?

I dont question Walter's initial motives at all, but once things got better, he could've stopped. It was his greed and his lust for power that got him in the situations he found himself in. Time after time, all he did was manipulate Jesse. He lied to him over and over, and kept telling him that it was for his own good.

Walter was a POS by the end of the show which is why it ended the way it did with him trying to get some redemption.

It's easy to ask in hindsight "which wouldve been better", but when you're broke you have a newborn on the way and a handicap son and about to be dead in a few months, you do desperate things. Now I'm not saying the power didnt change him, but also looking at the fact that he's been watching mfs get millions off of his work, that prolly made his hunger for power even more larger. There's too many variables involved to just say he's a POS, it's not that black and white AP lol

And plus like I said, the other characters were just as foul.

It's easy to ask in hindsight "which wouldve been better", but when you're broke you have a newborn on the way and a handicap son and about to be dead in a few months, you do desperate things. Now I'm not saying the power didnt change him, but also looking at the fact that he's been watching mfs get millions off of his work, that prolly made his hunger for power even more larger. There's too many variables involved to just say he's a POS, it's not that black and white AP lol

And plus like I said, the other characters were just as foul.

im not denying his initial motivations werent genuine, however, that still dont make his overall persona exempt from being a POS when it was all said and done

all the stuff he did in the name of his family, ultimately got him exiled from them and got him on the run.

and iirc, they tried to bring Walter in on Grey Matter and he turned it down. Thats on him. They even offered to pay for his treatments, again, he declined b/c his ego wouldnt let him accept help.

walter is an egotistical pos

as far as everyone else...lets go down the list

Skylar...who, prior to learning about all the foul shit Walter was involved in, was his down chick. Yea, she fucked another dude, but Walter had long fucked her when he decided to get them involved with the drug cartel then forced her to participate. She didnt want him to do with anything with her or their children. I was one of Skylar's biggest critics b/c of her antics and how she treated Walter, but after watching a second time, i think her actions were warranted

Sister in Law...she was a bitch before, during, and after Walter started doing is dirt. No surprise here.

Jesse...was down for Walter until he learned that everything Walter had been telling him was for Walter's benefit. So he snitched. I mean, in the streets, yea, he committed a sin, but dude wasnt bout that life from jump. He was totally fine with peddling his lil dime bags worth of drugs and shit before Walter came into the picture.. 4 seasons of Walters lies and manipulations finally came to head and he couldnt cope with it all and he wanted to get Walter for all the shit Walter had done to him at that point.

im not denying his initial motivations werent genuine, however, that still dont make his overall persona exempt from being a POS when it was all said and done

all the stuff he did in the name of his family, ultimately got him exiled from them and got him on the run.

and iirc, they tried to bring Walter in on Grey Matter and he turned it down. Thats on him. They even offered to pay for his treatments, again, he declined b/c his ego wouldnt let him accept help.

walter is an egotistical pos

as far as everyone else...lets go down the list

Skylar...who, prior to learning about all the foul shit Walter was involved in, was his down chick. Yea, she fucked another dude, but Walter had long fucked her when he decided to get them involved with the drug cartel then forced her to participate. She didnt want him to do with anything with her or their children. I was one of Skylar's biggest critics b/c of her antics and how she treated Walter, but after watching a second time, i think her actions were warranted

Sister in Law...she was a bitch before, during, and after Walter started doing is dirt. No surprise here.

Jesse...was down for Walter until he learned that everything Walter had been telling him was for Walter's benefit. So he snitched. I mean, in the streets, yea, he committed a sin, but dude wasnt bout that life from jump. He was totally fine with peddling his lil dime bags worth of drugs and shit before Walter came into the picture.. 4 seasons of Walters lies and manipulations finally came to head and he couldnt cope with it all and he wanted to get Walter for all the shit Walter had done to him at that point.

iirc he was fuckin with the chick from grey matter and she left him to fuck with the other cat, I would feel away too nigga. You're trying to negate all of the valid reasons he had initially when made the decision to get into that world. Now I agree, once he got in the world, it was survival mode, so he had to do alot of crazy shit and it changed him. But I'm not gonna fault him anymore than the other characters.

Especially Skylar, you tried to brush off the fact that she cheated on her dyin husband lol "oh well yea she cheated but" nigga what? lmaoo And slow down slime, she was foul well before she found out about him selling drugs. When he first found out about his cancer and he was being quiet and not talkin as much, did she be kind wife and understand he's going through alot and let him think? Fuck no, she got quiet, did lil fuck shit like "oh im going out and im not tellin u" , after her husband just found out he's about to die she's doing tit for tat shit. Fuck that bitch.

i hate how this software merges posts...ugh...shit is all out of order

Sk
iirc he was fuckin with the chick from grey matter and she left him to fuck with the other cat, I would feel away too nigga. You're trying to negate all of the valid reasons he had initially when made the decision to get into that world. Now I agree, once he got in the world, it was survival mode, so he had to do alot of crazy shit and it changed him. But I'm not gonna fault him anymore than the other characters.

Especially Skylar, you tried to brush off the fact that she cheated on her dyin husband lol "oh well yea she cheated but" nigga what? lmaoo And slow down slime, she was foul well before she found out about him selling drugs. When he first found out about his cancer and he was being quiet and not talkin as much, did she be kind wife and understand he's going through alot and let him think? Fuck no, she got quiet, did lil fuck shit like "oh im going out and im not tellin u" , after her husband just found out he's about to die she's doing tit for tat shit. Fuck that bitch.

but something happened b/t them i thought. She didnt just leave Walter out the blue right?? I havent gotten to that part in my rewatch. But i thought something happened.

How am i trying to negate anything he did initially when i've said all along, i believe his intentions were genuine initially?

Im not absolving Skylar for what she did, but by that point, hadnt she learned what walter had been doing? She didnt just fuck Ted off GP. She fucked Ted to get back at Walter.

Walt was in his feels in his younger years over that chick @ grey matter. Could've been bill gates status but he was a ego driven fuck boy from the start.

goldie, i lost your post about rewatching this...im sorry :(

Walt was in his feels, in his younger years over that chick @ grey matter. Could've been bill gates status but he was a ego driven fuck boy from the start.

He's a fuckboy cuz he walked away and let them be? lmaoo Yall too cool.

Back