Welcome To aBlackWeb

BLACK WOMEN GRADUATE WITH MOST U.S. STUDENT LOAN DEBT

good way to put it.

how could someone college properly?
i cant tell you how to properly college but i can tell you how NOT to properly college. do not go to school out of state unless you're on a scholarship. paying out of state tuition is a quick way to double the price of college for no other reason than crossing a state line. going to school out of state was one of the worst decisions i ever made. smmfh

i cant tell you how to properly college but i can tell you how NOT to properly college. do not go to school out of state unless you're on a scholarship. paying out of state tuition is a quick way to double the price of college for no other reason than crossing a state line. going to school out of state was one of the worst decisions i ever made. smmfh
Weren't you an athlete? You didn't get a scholarship?

I laugh at all the snobby ass college graduates who think they the shit cause they got a degree. Laugh even more at those same snobs who think having said degree or degrees is the end all be all to getting money.

I blame older people and plenty of people 40-25 year old people who push and drill into the heads of black kids that if they want to amount to anything they HAVE to go to college. Been telling folks for years telling kids that they have to go to college is setting them up for failure and complete lie to tell those kids.

Going to college with a plan is better than going to college without one. The biggest thing that needs to be said about going to college is that getting a college degree is not a guarantee to job and financial success like they are being told.

Older people need to tell our younger black kids the 100% truth not just the good parts so they are giving these kids a skewed view of what they are actually getting themselves into.

Yeah I have a decent job but could have gotten the same exact job without my degree. It was a fun experience but college did absolutely nothing for me professionally. Still got about $15k left in student loans.

This me without the student loan debt. I can't even say my college experience was fun.

I laugh at all the snobby ass college graduates who think they the shit cause they got a degree. Laugh even more at those same snobs who think having said degree or degrees is the end all be all to getting money.

I blame older people and plenty of people 40-25 year old people who push and drill into the heads of black kids that if they want to amount to anything they HAVE to go to college. Been telling folks for years telling kids that they have to go to college is setting them up for failure and complete lie to tell those kids.

Going to college with a plan is better than going to college without one. The biggest thing that needs to be said about going to college is that getting a college degree is not a guarantee to job and financial success like they are being told.

Older people need to tell our younger black kids the 100% truth not just the good parts so they are giving these kids a skewed view of what they are actually getting themselves into.
while i agree with everything you said....because it actually was true at a time.

did they change the rules once black people started getting degrees?

So basically they are saying that the interest of the debt that women accept into is high because women have other things to take care of, so they opt for the low payment but extented amount. Which overall leaves them with more to pay over a longer time frame. So it comes out to be higher debt when really it's longer debt.

That's not really inequality, that's more choice

If my kids dont get full ride scholarships for college...

we going trade school or military.

my son is already tech savvy so im cultivating that with him now at 9 yrs old.

If he continues on this path....he will be studying for IT certs as much or even more than the ACT and SAT

If worked right the benefits some veterans get are fucking GREAT.

I just personally could never encourage or even suggest that my kids or family members go to the military.

They can decide that on their own and I won't like it or offer support for it but I won't be mad at them if they choose that route for THEIR life.

while i agree with everything you said....because it actually was true at a time.

did they change the rules once black people started getting degrees?

When black people started getting degrees in large mass basically they did. Unwritten but yes IMO they changed the rules and too many fool ass black still can't see the game being played.

IMO a bachelor's degree is equal to a high school diploma, a master's is equal to a bachelor's. A doctorate no matter what will always be special.

A bachelor's for quite a few years now will get you a entry level job when a while ago that would've got you a entry level managers position.

Now you need a master's degree to get that entry level managers position.

Now getting that master's adds on to all that debt people accrue by going to school.

The game thats being played is get all these kids into debt and give them low paying jobs. Now they stuck trying to live up to what their degree says how they should be living and keeping them in debt. Now they have school debt and life debt(house, cars and maybe kid(s)).

We as black people paying all this money for these pieces of paper degrees when the true game still hasn't changed, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW.

Think about all the people you all know. How many would say got put on because of what they know over who they know?

You can’t become a teacher without a degree. So while I agree that some degrees don’t seem necessary, some are.

I can’t go into a school and get hired as a teacher just because someone I know thinks I have a great work ethic.

“Oh, yea that’s my man Billy. He is a hard worker. Let’s make him a doctor.” Shit ain’t happening.

You can’t become a teacher without a degree. So while I agree that some degrees don’t seem necessary, some are.

I can’t go into a school and get hired as a teacher just because someone I know thinks I have a great work ethic.

“Oh, yea that’s my man Billy. He is a hard worker. Let’s make him a doctor.” Shit ain’t happening.
31578A1800000578-3452794-image-m-6_1455801364697.jpg ion know bout dat

I once had an interest in doing that too. I bet it's a cool, fun & lucrative career.

Gaming is one of the most unstable, unsecured, demanding, and exhausting fields I've seen. You've really got to LOVE making games to endure it. It's cool, yeah it can be fun for a creative. Lucrative? Depends on how successful the final product is. Though, I'm not certain on actually salaries. Career? Depends on how successful your studio is at turning out good products consistently. Lay-offs happen like turnarounds from what I see. Being contracted out is a possibility.

Every studio isn't ran the same. Some are better conditions than others. CDProject Red (Witcher 3) is said to have been very demanding to deliver such a highly praised game.

I considered it as well with my art background, doing concepts, marketing, and character design shit. But looking into it I'd probably go with a videogame publisher instead of a development studio. Less you just really want to get into development. With all that said, when it works, game makers appear to be extremely proud of what they created. Very accomplishing feeling. A lot of people have been in it for 30+ years, so it's got it's upsides as well.

Last edited:

So we really going to add obvious shit to this conversation?

Yes if you want to be a doctor, lawyer or teacher we all KNOW a certain degree is mandatory. Which is why those mandatory degree professions shouldn't be included in the convo. Which I thought was already understood.

I see the internet doesn't subscribe to: What's understood doesn't need to be said.

When black people started getting degrees in large mass basically they did. Unwritten but yes IMO they changed the rules and too many fool ass black still can't see the game being played.

IMO a bachelor's degree is equal to a high school diploma, a master's is equal to a bachelor's. A doctorate no matter what will always be special.

A bachelor's for quite a few years now will get you a entry level job when a while ago that would've got you a entry level managers position.

Now you need a master's degree to get that entry level managers position.

Now getting that master's adds on to all that debt people accrue by going to school.

The game thats being played is get all these kids into debt and give them low paying jobs. Now they stuck trying to live up to what their degree says how they should be living and keeping them in debt. Now they have school debt and life debt(house, cars and maybe kid(s)).

We as black people paying all this money for these pieces of paper degrees when the true game still hasn't changed, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW.

Think about all the people you all know. How many would say got put on because of what they know over who they know?
interesting outlook.
wifey has a freind whos dad was very high in the company and close to the first black CEO of the company.
she moves thru the company like butter. Im not saying shes not a hard worker because she does work hard....but she also has connections that the others dont. but she wont admit her dads influence helps her..she wants it to be about her hard work. but if they all working hard but people come to find her and offer positions...it doesnt seem like its her hard work but who shes knows.

Back