Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Better Producer: Pete Rock or Mannie Fresh?

Better Producer?

• Pete Rock

• Mannie Fresh

Results are only viewable after voting.
You really wildin.Check the credits to damn near any classic 90's album from a NY artists and him and Premo usually there

He made Nas Who's World is this,Rather Unique for AZ,Run DMC Down With The King and numerous remixes like Juicy remix and Ain't Hard To tell remix etc

Yes Manny makes more club music,but I think Pete got more music knowledge and creativity.

He's also dabbled in RnB.

Manny is fire,but that whiteboy dog walked him in Versus
And for a moment, he had the remix game down packed.

Nah 90% of this generation can’t name 5 PR produced songs

Shit I don’t think most niggas in this thread could name 7 of the top
Sad but true,but he's on most early 90's albums of anybody who was anybody.

Storch won not just because of the hits ,but the actual musicality too.

They heard reminisce over you for sure at some point.

He also has some huge Heavy D records. Pause if necessary

I'm not rating this by what some 19 yr thinks.

I think that Pete Rock is just musically a better producer,but Manny makes bangers for sure.

Nah 90% of this generation can’t name 5 PR produced songs

Shit I don’t think most niggas in this thread could name 7 of the top

That's my point. Pete Rock produced some 90s backpacker stuff, but they weren't hits.

Ha and Back That Ass Up were hits in the traditional sense. I'm on Youtube right now watching Juvenile perform Back That Asss Up at concerts 20 years after the song came out. And the crowd is going nuts.

I don't think Pete Rock has produced any songs that make the crowd go wild 20 years later.

And last but not least, Back That Ass Up Live @ The Apollo in 1998 when the song was new

That's my point. Pete Rock produced some 90s backpacker stuff, but they weren't hits.

Ha and Back That Ass Up were hits in the traditional sense. I'm on Youtube right now watching Juvenile perform Back That Asss Up at concerts 20 years after the song came out. And the crowd is going nuts.

I don't think Pete Rock has produced any songs that make the crowd go wild 20 years later.

And last but not least, Back That Ass Up Live @ The Apollo in 1998 when the song was new

Most of us weren’t around for the Pete Rock era and are not gonna go looking for no obscure remix

But I was a teenager during the OG Cash Money run and when I tell you Mannie Fizzle had shit on Smiddash all the way up here

Making 'hits" and being a great producer aren't 1 and the same.

If you play Ain't Hard To Tell remix ,or The World Is Yours,or reminisce,or Down With The King for a crowd who loves that type of music it's gonna move that crowd too.

If we're talking about the art of hip hop/rap producing ,Pete is a way more musical and layered producer

Manny probably uses samples way less if any barely.He's more of a club music synth guy.

Pete ushered in Jazz samples and is way more technical.

There's way less talented producers right now who probably charted more.

That doesn't make them better than Pete Rock

If you play Ain't Hard To Tell remix ,or The World Is Yours,or reminisce,or Down With The King for a crowd who loves that type of music it's gonna move that crowd too.

If we're talking about the art of hip hop/rap producing ,Pete is a way more musical and layered producer

Manny probably uses samples way less if any barely.He's more of a club music synth guy.

This is something that he should know.

I think the Mannie vs Storch battle was strange anyway. Probably should have been Swizz vs Mannie & Timbo vs Storch to make it make more sense.

That's why the Premo vs Rza battle was dope....

Out of all the songs you named, none of them would rock a party in 2023.

Back That Ass Up will pack a dance floor now in 2023

Out of all the songs you named, none of them would rock a party in 2023.

Back That Ass Up will pack a dance floor now in 2023
But packing a dance floor doesn't make him a better producer

Plus like I said if it's a 90's crowd they are going nuts over those songs

Ironically a chick I know went to a show with a lot of these ppl like Rakim and others and that crowd was going crazy.

I'm sure TMNT sold more tickets than The Godfather,but does that mean that TMNT is better than The Godfather?

Back