Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Better Producer: Pete Rock or Mannie Fresh?

Better Producer?

• Pete Rock

• Mannie Fresh

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mean Preemo without a doubt is on another level…..everyone just had their own lane…Pete was a more jazzy dude

Correction:
Preemo is NOT on another level than Pete. They are peers
I say this as Premier being my all time fav producer and Pete as my 2nd

When it comes to the sheer unfathomable volume of timeless bangers and classics produced by a who's who of not just hip hop artists but R&B , and even jazz artists
Pete is the only one that can hang with Premier for a loooong time. Everyone else will eventually run out tracks....including the "hits"

I understand that with hip hop, the history isn't something most listeners care to learn about or celebrate. But we talking 33 years and this dude STILL dropping gems.

I like Mannie, but if you play it like a chess game,
outside the club songs, Pete has too many tracks he could put up that Mannie has no answer to

Mannie.

I tend to lean towards producers who don't usually rely on samples as much/create their own melodies. Plus I like his music more.

Also I don't understand how some are saying mannie isn't as musical. Like this here.

Last edited:
Bro Mannie Fresh samples as much any other producer out there

It’s just not what y’all think of when y’all think of sampling but the man samples

I like Mannie, but if you play it like a chess game,
outside the club songs, Pete has too many tracks he could put up that Mannie has no answer to
Mannie has the club bangers and introspective tracks

Not even sure which Pete songs I’d play in the room full of females

It’s just not what y’all think of when y’all think of sampling but the man samples
Of course he does. I never said he didn't. (it's really interpolation what Mannie is doing) But compared to sample based producers it's very little.

I like producers who can create their own melodies, chords, chord progressions etc from scratch.

No one said he didn't or he hasn't for the record

My point was that for the longest he did NOT sample. All of his beats, melodies, etc were original compositions

Back