Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Better Producer: Pete Rock or Mannie Fresh?

Better Producer?

• Pete Rock

• Mannie Fresh

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think are really undermining why Mannie gets the respect he does.
Dude comes from music. His pops use to give dj equipment for the holidays.
He was local for the most part doing clubs and block parties as a dj.
Mantronix is one of his early inspirations. My older cousin used to have their records and he would point out the little easter eggs Mannie would use in those early Cash Money albums.
Once he met Baby and Slim in 1993, that's when it started.
He single handedly produced all the labels releases from like 1993 all the way until around 2004-2005.
I can remember on Cash Money's early albums, there were tracks specifically for Mannie where he would just DJ a whole track. Scratches, samples, etc.
When Cash Money started out, Fresh already had a bounce background but Cash Money was known for doing Gangsta Bounce. One Cash Money's first groups, UNLV, was like our NWA. They was from the city and told us what was going on. A young BG used to be featured heavy on UNLV's albums. Before BG was the main one, UNLV got regional success from Mannie's track, Drag Em N Tha River, a diss to Mystikal which was huge. The beat is infectious and would be seen again on Juve's Set It Off.
When UNLV left, it was up to BG to bridge the gap. This is when the legend started. You'll have a lot of people who will say Chopper City, Chopper City In The Ghetto or Guerilla Warfare is better than 400 Degreez.
This matchup between Pete and Mannie isn't really an even matchup because there are two different styles. There are some trash producers but Pete ain't one of them. The shit I posted was jokes.
My memories of hip hop and growing up with it are attached to Mannie's beats.
For me personally, I had the luxury of having older people around me who loved all hip hop, east, west, south, etc.
This is why I'll never shit on an entire region when it comes to it.
I typed this shit thru my email to get my point across. haha.

I think are really undermining why Mannie gets the respect he does.
Dude comes from music. His pops use to give dj equipment for the holidays.
He was local for the most part doing clubs and block parties as a dj.
Mantronix is one of his early inspirations. My older cousin used to have their records and he would point out the little easter eggs Mannie would use in those early Cash Money albums.
Once he met Baby and Slim in 1993, that's when it started.
He single handedly produced all the labels releases from like 1993 all the way until around 2004-2005.
I can remember on Cash Money's early albums, there were tracks specifically for Mannie where he would just DJ a whole track. Scratches, samples, etc.
When Cash Money started out, Fresh already had a bounce background but Cash Money was known for doing Gangsta Bounce. One Cash Money's first groups, UNLV, was like our NWA. They was from the city and told us what was going on. A young BG used to be featured heavy on UNLV's albums. Before BG was the main one, UNLV got regional success from Mannie's track, Drag Em N Tha River, a diss to Mystikal which was huge. The beat is infectious and would be seen again on Juve's Set It Off.
When UNLV left, it was up to BG to bridge the gap. This is when the legend started. You'll have a lot of people who will say Chopper City, Chopper City In The Ghetto or Guerilla Warfare is better than 400 Degreez.
This matchup between Pete and Mannie isn't really an even matchup because there are two different styles. There are some trash producers but Pete ain't one of them. The shit I posted was jokes.
My memories of hip hop and growing up with it are attached to Mannie's beats.
For me personally, I had the luxury of having older people around me who loved all hip hop, east, west, south, etc.
This is why I'll never shit on an entire region when it comes to it.
I typed this shit thru my email to get my point across. haha.
I respect this!!!

Probably one of Mannie's biggest tests is when Mack 10 signed with Cash Money. Definitely a slept on album. And produced a banger and would make you think a West Coast producer did it.

Shiiid... Hate in your eyes fucking slaps

Back