Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Prod: Jermaine Dupri vs Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis

Which One U Got?

• Total voters
C'mon man this is too easy. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis dominated 2 decades of music. The 80s and 90s.

They'e right besides babyface and LA Reid as the two most dominant R&B and pop producers of all time.

They still doing it today also with the production on Janet Jackson latest album

This matchup is actually insulting....

Shows a complete lack of knowledge and appreciation of black music history

Why???

Hahahaha....man you really be on some shit!

Clearly this is some high level, sophisticated form of trolling us mere mortals are not privy to!

Lol just a question fam, you're actin like I compared JJ/TL to Metro Boomin.

I think it's more about yall lack of knowledge of J.D and not willing to be objective.

It's late, but tomorrow I'm willing to go track for track with any of yall, since yall acting like J.D can't possibly hang with JJ/TL.

JD had a strong solid run....dude IS a legend

He just not in the same bracket as Jam & Lewis
I'll say Timbaland, The Tunes, and Tim & Bob are his peers and contemporaries......

JD had a strong solid run....dude IS a legend

He just not in the same bracket as Jam & Lewis
I'll say Timbaland, The Tunes, and Tim & Bob are his peers and contemporaries......

And this is the common issue i'm having with most of yall in these threads, yall hold these older acts in a high regard for mainly nostalgia purposes and because we grew up hearing those names, not because yall objectively sat back and compared the two bodies of work.

Just because these mfs made music in the 80s or before , doesn't mean they're automatically better than the modern day acts. That shit has to stop.

And this is the common issue i'm having with most of yall in these threads, yall hold these older acts in a high regard for mainly nostalgia purposes and because we grew up hearing those names, not because yall objectively sat back and compared the two bodies of work.

Just because these mfs made music in the 80s or before , doesn't mean they're automatically better than the modern day acts. That shit has to stop.
Nah family it's the other way around....... new niggas don't respect who laid the groundwork for the current to eat. This thread is filled with folks from different age groups and look at the poll. Evidently the year doesn't matter when it comes to good music. Seems like you just mad cause the OG's have classics that we can hold on to and you just reaching to discredit the foundation. Jermaine produced his first album in 1990 and he gets his props...But if you were to ask Jermaine about him being better than JJ and TL you know what his response would be... "Fuck Nah"

Lol typical response. Instead of dropping something with substance you drop a typical "yall just don't respect your elders who laid foundation" lol foh

U grew up listening to fuck nigga music and it's near and dear to u, i get it. Do ur thing b

Lol typical response. Instead of dropping something with substance you drop a typical "yall just don't respect your elders who laid foundation" lol foh

U grew up listening to fuck nigga music and it's near and dear to u, i get it. Do ur thing b

Yeah, cuz this response was full of substance.

giphy.gif

Back