Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Prod: Jermaine Dupri vs Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis

Which One U Got?

• Total voters
lol trust me fam, me learning yall niggas is vogue'n and neckrollin to Control already gives me the W

Zozl_f-maxage-0.gif

Any grown man playin Janet Control is moving funny

This is the greatness that shouldn't be compared to?

tumblr_nlcxt7TRyX1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Yall can have that

i read every single page, but goldie, why are you deducing JJ/TL accomplishments to just janet jackson??

i could do the same and say if you like JD, then you must love wearing White Tees saying "oh i think they like me" in the mirror

i read every single page, but goldie, why are you deducing JJ/TL accomplishments to just janet jackson??

i could do the same and say if you like JD, then you must love wearing White Tees saying "oh i think they like me" in the mirror

Then you must've saw where i asked for someone to name these classic JJ/TL albums and all i got was janet albums and that one N.E album.

And that's what i mean by mfs not providing shit to the debate, cuz if they were dropping classics and reasons on why JJ/TL were so great, then we could actually have a debate, but these niggas wanna talk about everything other than the music

Then you must've saw where i asked for someone to name these classic JJ/TL albums and all i got was janet albums and that one N.E album.

And that's what i mean by mfs not providing shit to the debate, cuz if they were dropping classics and reasons on why JJ/TL were so great, then we could actually have a debate, but these niggas wanna talk about everything other than the music

i dont think its that simple of a point though. I mean, you get a lot of producers that have a heavy influence from them. Thats nothing to scoff at.

Like I know Dream is a direct branch from JJ/TL, Prince, Teddy Riley, but i guess if you dont think highly of the dream (as a producer) then you wont believe in the impact those producers have had on his sound. Even JD, or rather Bryan Cox, Johnta Austin and a buncha other people JD have collabed with all give praise to JJ/TL.

i dont think its that simple of a point though. I mean, you get a lot of producers that have a heavy influence from them. Thats nothing to scoff at.

Like I know Dream is a direct branch from JJ/TL, Prince, Teddy Riley, but i guess if you dont think highly of the dream (as a producer) then you wont believe in the impact those producers have had on his sound. Even JD, or rather Bryan Cox, Johnta Austin and a buncha other people JD have collabed with all give praise to JJ/TL.

Nah fam, don't do that. Everybody has influence, that doesn't mean they're better. Jordan praised DR.J and said he was influenced by homie, that doesn't mean Dr J is automatically better lol Same with Nas and Rakim, etc.

I need to see a better argument than influence.

Nah fam, don't do that. Everybody has influence, that doesn't mean they're better. Jordan praised DR.J and said he was influenced by homie, that doesn't mean Dr J is automatically better lol Same with Nas and Rakim, etc.

I need to see a better argument than influence.

who is on record saying they were influenced by JD tho?

who is on record saying they were influenced by JD tho?

If I looked I'm sure i can find quotes, but if we both understand that influence doesn't make u better, then what's the point? lol

I'm talkin about the music, when we sit down and compare the music. I'm on the side of the music.

You're lil too proud, u made the same post 3 times lol U Dilla 3 times nigga?

To answer ur question, Sade and Badu for example..

Niggas who listen to that era (control) of janet, more than likely listen to madonna and niggas who listen to her ..... well u know

Back