Welcome To aBlackWeb

BENZINO says what we have all been saying for a while

Em didn't get Dre into headphones.

I guess it could be argued that 50 was on that wave first,but IDK the ins and outs on how Beats started.
There's alot of should coulda woulda that goes into why a billionaire is a billionaire but I think I can safely say that Dre's association with Eminem validated his brand to mainstream NON HIP HOP in a way that it would not have been without Em.

I want to be clear. I am not saying Em made Dre a billionaire. I'm saying he had something to do with it.

There's alot of should coulda woulda that goes into why a billionaire is a billionaire but I think I can safely say that Dre's association with Eminem validated his brand to mainstream NON HIP HOP in a way that it would not have been without Em.

I want to be clear. I am not saying Em made Dre a billionaire. I'm saying he had something to do with it.

Yeah,but I do think that if not Em,Dre would have found somebody else to be the next super/mega star.

He already made moves from World class to NWA to Snoop.

Wherever Dre went he made a major move.

Eminem needed Dre way more than Dre needed Em is all I'm saying.

But yeah you can make the claim that maybe w/out Em,Dre never blows up again and they never find 50,and Dre falls off and is never able to rub shoulders with the ppl he can because of his current status,which leads to him not selling headphones.

Cosign.

Dre was on his way to becoming a billionaire. He already had The World Class Wrecking Crew, Eazy E, NWA, D.O.C., Snoop and the rest of The Dogg Pound on his resume. It was just a matter of time before he launched into another stratosphere. When he dropped The Chronic 2001 and The Slim Shady LP back to back it was a wrap (no pun intended).

And the funny thing is; those headphones sounded like any other headphones. I use a pair of $20 Sony headphones when I record and they're just as good as the Beats headphones I found at a train station and pawned for $50.

It's unbelievable that Dre had people paying $200 for ordinary headphones.

Malcolm X said it best. There's a difference between being friendly and being a friend.

Making millions of dollars together can make people seem very friendly toward one another. But actual friendship looks different when the relationship doesn't hinge on when the benefits stop. And it is an absolute fact that friendship is a mutually beneficial dynamic.

Everything we've ever seen between Em/Royce, Em/50, Em/D12, Em/Dre, etc suggests that they're only as friendly as they've been able to benefit from Em.

It's also a fact that Black people tend to be the most unaware of the nature of their loyalty. All of these highly educated, highly intelligent black people in politics, religion, industry but alot of them swear by the system that oppressed them. So like I said, they don't know WHY they do what they do. They just do it because it makes sense financially, so they think.

Dre and 50 I can understand, but wasn't Em friends with Royce and D12 before they even blew up. I mean Em and Royce had a falling out, worked it out, and are back good again. That's not something you do with an acquaintance that you're just friendly with. At this point, Em has done more for D12 than they've done for him. Again, that's not a dynamic you expect from someone you're just friendly with.

I don't know that much about any of these relationships. It seems to me though that you're making assumptions about all the people involved based on nothing more than your feelings about Em's race. You could be right, but I don't see where you have any solid reasoning to support your stance.

Yeah,but I do think that if not Em,Dre would have found somebody else to be the next super/mega star.

But yeah you can make the claim that maybe w/out Em,Dre never blows up again and they never find 50,and Dre falls off and is never able to rub shoulders with the ppl he can because of his current status,which leads to him not selling headphones.

Em needed Dre more than Dre needed Eminem.

Dre was already a multi-millionaire. I think the ONLY way Eminem could have blown up the way he did was with the Dre cosign. If he was just a regular White rapper, he'd be like all the rest of the White rappers that don't have a Dre cosign like Aesop Rock, Logic, Apathy, Vinnie Paz, etc.

I think Em would've been Em more or less had he been with Diddy, Def Jam, or Master P.

Looking at the rap acts at that time, I don't see a rapper that I can say would have achieved Em level success if they had Dre producing them. Not Snoop, not 50, not Hov, not Nas. As accomplished as they are, as a selling artist, they don't have that Eminem level of success and there is only one reason why.

Dre and 50 I can understand, but wasn't Em friends with Royce and D12 before they even blew up. I mean Em and Royce had a falling out, worked it out, and are back good again. That's not something you do with an acquaintance that you're just friendly with. At this point, Em has done more for D12 than they've done for him. Again, that's not a dynamic you expect from someone you're just friendly with.

I don't know that much about any of these relationships. It seems to me though that you're making assumptions about all the people involved based on nothing more than your feelings about Em's race. You could be right, but I don't see where you have any solid reasoning to support your stance.
I'm glad you mentioned the Royce fall out.

Eminem ended that "friendship" over a punchline that wasn't even meant to be disrespectful. And because of that fallout, Black men could've died.

Em won't talk about that though. We're just supposed to be happy Royce was allowed back in massa's house.

Em needed Dre more than Dre needed Eminem.

Dre was already a multi-millionaire. I think the ONLY way Eminem could have blown up the way he did was with the Dre cosign. If he was just a regular White rapper, he'd be like all the rest of the White rappers that don't have a Dre cosign like Aesop Rock, Logic, Apathy, Vinnie Paz, etc.
That's what I said as far as who needed who.

I think Em would have still maybe had a level of fame because of his early songwriting skills though.

Earlier I compared him to Ras kass and canibus,but unless Dre coached Em into those melodies,Em was a lyricist but also would sing and make different kind of hooks than most underground rappers at that time.

Somehow Em was just as wordy as some backpacker,but also catchy and able to make a jingle while using complex lyrics.

IDK if it was all on him,but none of those white rappers are as catchy as Em and technical at the same time.

So while not a superstar,minus Dre,but with those catchy hooks Em may have did slightly better than ppl in his genre,but no where near where he is.

He might be like Tech 9ine.A super well respected indie act that makes way more than the other ppl in his genre.

Eminem ended that "friendship" over a punchline that wasn't even meant to be disrespectful. And because of that fallout, Black men could've died.

Em won't talk about that though. We're just supposed to be happy Royce was allowed back in massa's house.

lol Massa's house. Ya'll kill me sometimes. You yourself said that blacks shouldn't attack blacks over white people, and here you are disrespecting another black man just because he has a friendship with a white guy that you don't approve of. This is the problem with so-called pro-black people. Your stances are never consistent. You want everyone to think the way you do, and if they don't you try to discredit them or attack their blackness.

Hold up.I gotta refresh myself on how that Royce vs Em and D12 thing started.

Em introduced Royce to Dre and Dre really wanted to put the house on Royce.He offered 250 K and unlimited beats,but Tommy Boy offered 1 milly.

Em still exec produced that Tommy Boy album.

I do know Royce fell out with Dre over some shit his manger said.

and I remember he threatened D12 at a studio.

And I remember a dart being thrown by Royce about Em's tour but I don't recall a direct diss to Em.

He maybe threw some subs on his albums,but nothing direct and Em never dissed Royce ever.

Em never ended their friendship and caused anything,but I'm sure that since Dre wasn't fucking with Royce that he couldn't bring Royce around cause he was signed to Dre.

From what I recall,Royce just started beefing with D 12 out of jealousy,but i gotta do my googles to make sure.

I think Em would've been Em more or less had he been with Diddy, Def Jam, or Master P.

Looking at the rap acts at that time, I don't see a rapper that I can say would have achieved Em level success if they had Dre producing them. Not Snoop, not 50, not Hov, not Nas. As accomplished as they are, as a selling artist, they don't have that Eminem level of success and there is only one reason why.

Depends on what you call success because Jay and kanye have more money and maybe Drake too.

You still have to put him being white into the mix when we talk sales,but I don't think any other label could have made just the right image and marketing plan for Em

I think Interscope came up with the blonde hair/blue eyes thing.

I think him,Dre,and Jimmy Iovine were the perfect storm for a mega star.

Interscope already had a format with Death Row all the way to Marlilyn Manson,controversy

At the time those big labels weren't looking at Em.

Duck Down was his other biggest choice when he signed to Dre.

Diddy damn sure wouldn't have made Em a success.Em rapping over some Patty Labelle song sounds terrible.

I don't know what part of the argument y'all in...I just kinda glanced...

But dre made em.

Dre was invincible at that moment in history. Em is lyrical, but it's clear as fuck from his early work Dre made him a star.

He doesn't get that kinda tutelage imo from anyone else in the industry other than maybe diddy...

Dre still Dre regardless if em comes along or not....

His track record

Snoop
Game
Kendrick

Like I'm sure he's proud of his work with em too but dre solidified.

Only niggaz who feel like they owe him shit is them detroit niggaz

Just saying man it’s weird lol

lil Wayne kisses him and he don’t even call birdman Brian

That ain't weird, you internet nigs on this subject weird.

You call your mom, "mom". But other nigs would more likely call her by her government....

And it's 2021..why are blk ppl still talking Eminem.

Back