Welcome To aBlackWeb

BENZINO says what we have all been saying for a while

lol Don't get me wrong. Benzino ain't shit, and I don't believe for a second that all his problems with Em stem from his concerns about the black community and the purity of Hip Hop. Still, there was some validity to what he said.

Absolutely there was some validity. He made some good points about how the music industry utilized em. Just look at the Grammy awards n eminem albums that won it. But dont talk to me about integrity, when your magazine was known as the "hip hop bible" and you were using it to do a bunch of fuck shit. Didnt he give his own album some crazy rating, while giving better albums lower ratings. There was a rumor that Lil Kim got 5 mics cause one of them dudes up there was tryinta pipe

lol Massa's house. Ya'll kill me sometimes. You yourself said that blacks shouldn't attack blacks over white people, and here you are disrespecting another black man just because he has a friendship with a white guy that you don't approve of. This is the problem with so-called pro-black people. Your stances are never consistent. You want everyone to think the way you do, and if they don't you try to discredit them or attack their blackness.
I wish I had seen this response earlier.

"Massa's house" has nothing to do with Royce.

That has everything to do with how Shady/Interscope operates, which is how most white owned businesses operate: You stay in your place, constantly prove your loyalty and gratitude, and turn the other cheek.

I agree alot of pro black people do disrespect black people but what I did does not apply. I didn't call Royce a slave, Coon, etc. There's a distinct difference between describing the victim and describing the institution the victim resides in.

You have to acknowledge that and understand the nuance therein.

I wouldn't rate my own group in my own magazine period. Back in the 90's The Source really had a huge impact on who would blow, them doing shady shit with the mics (no pun intended) could actually be fucking with an upcoming artists money and livelihood.

If I put out a project that I thought was phenomenal and it didn't get 4.5 mics but lil kim gets 5 and benzino gets 4.5?? the same score as nas and jay-z? Nah fuck all that, you cant be talking all this integrity shit but then at the same time doing foul shit like that

My exact point. Dont talk to me about integrity and being concerned about the culture when u rating your album near The Blueprint and Illmatic. When the shit is nowhere near that in quality. The lil Kim shit was just bad journalism.

Depends on what you call success because Jay and kanye have more money and maybe Drake too.

You still have to put him being white into the mix when we talk sales,but I don't think any other label could have made just the right image and marketing plan for Em

I think Interscope came up with the blonde hair/blue eyes thing.

I think him,Dre,and Jimmy Iovine were the perfect storm for a mega star.

Interscope already had a format with Death Row all the way to Marlilyn Manson,controversy

At the time those big labels weren't looking at Em.

Duck Down was his other biggest choice when he signed to Dre.

Diddy damn sure wouldn't have made Em a success.Em rapping over some Patty Labelle song sounds terrible.
I meant strictly as a music selling artist, not including the business deals across various industries that Hov, Ye, Drake have done.

Eminem dissed Snoop Dogg recently lol. Snoop a legend

Snoop made some comments about eminem music, that eminem disagreed with. They are supposed to be on the same team. Eminem spoke for himself and didnt rely on Royce here. So people don't want Royce defending him or the guy to defend himself lol...would u just let people shit on your music n not say nothing. Especially someone you came in the game w...same crew

Absolutely there was some validity. He made some good points about how the music industry utilized em. Just look at the Grammy awards n eminem albums that won it. But dont talk to me about integrity, when your magazine was known as the "hip hop bible" and you were using it to do a bunch of fuck shit. Didnt he give his own album some crazy rating, while giving better albums lower ratings. There was a rumor that Lil Kim got 5 mics cause one of them dudes up there was tryinta pipe

Agreed 100%

I wish I had seen this response earlier.

"Massa's house" has nothing to do with Royce.

That has everything to do with how Shady/Interscope operates, which is how most white owned businesses operate: You stay in your place, constantly prove your loyalty and gratitude, and turn the other cheek.

I agree alot of pro black people do disrespect black people but what I did does not apply. I didn't call Royce a slave, Coon, etc. There's a distinct difference between describing the victim and describing the institution the victim resides in.

You have to acknowledge that and understand the nuance therein.

Oh ok. My mistake.

But Royce can address whatever he wants to address.

If I'm in your crew and ppl shooting at you,I'm shooting a them.

This happens all the time and nobody complains.They only complain when it's Royce defending Em

Niggas act like no crew member addresses beef for other crew members?

Em always addresses that shit,eventually just like with this Snoop shit

But also didn't Zino address Royce in the Queenzflip interview?

Raekwon punched Joe Budden over a Method Man diss...noone batted an eye (besides joe) sorry I'll see myself out now hahahaa

I wouldn't rate my own group in my own magazine period. Back in the 90's The Source really had a huge impact on who would blow, them doing shady shit with the mics (no pun intended) could actually be fucking with an upcoming artists money and livelihood.

If I put out a project that I thought was phenomenal and it didn't get 4.5 mics but lil kim gets 5 and benzino gets 4.5?? the same score as nas and jay-z? Nah fuck all that, you cant be talking all this integrity shit but then at the same time doing foul shit like that

Well The Source didn't initially give high ratings to West Coast artists. That was a big issue in the mid 90s. I think they gave Doggystyle 4 mics and later rerated it. I think there's a handful of West Coast artists that feel like they got shafted. Rodney O and Joe Cooley even made an album called Fuck New York in 1993, after Tim Dog's Fuck Compton but before Westside Connection and Hit Em Up.

Unknown.jpeg

As far as I'm aware, Benzino had a group called Made Men, who were originally The Almighty RSO, who had been around since the 80s. Circa 1997/98 Benzino made sure that Made Men got a 4.5 mic rating. As a result the whole staff walked out and quit their jobs all in one day. So there was a different staff before and after the walk out. I guess the new staff understood how to play the game and keep their jobs.

Besides Made Men, the only artist I can think of that got more mics than they deserved was Lil Kim.

But Get Rich Or Die Trying only got 3.5 mics, which is low. A lot of people consider that a 5 mic classic.

Benzino talked about his mother first and Benzino's daughter is grown.Not like she's 12

If a white dude was my ppl since 19 and helped put millions in my pocket,I will kill for my white homeboy.

Em exec produced Royce's first album and a part from the D 12 beef period been super tight with Em.

That beef was deaded yrs before Proof died.

Em fixed Royce's rift with Dre.

They are not rap friends,they're actual friends for over 20 yrs.

Niggas act like Royce just met Em last week.

If a nigga put mills in my pocket and got me a hit record,as long as he keeps in 100,I'm replying to anything said and I expect the same.

So basically yall saying he shouldn't be friends with Em period?

When has Em ever appeared to address any beef he ever had publicly really?

This what people dont seem to care about. Regardless of race. Em and Royce are REAL friends. I seen Royce defend Joe Budden at times after joe said wild shit. Maybe Royce is just a good friend to have. In this era someone being a good friend is frowned upon...shit different out here

But Royce can address whatever he wants to address.

If I'm in your crew and ppl shooting at you,I'm shooting a them.

This happens all the time and nobody complains.They only complain when it's Royce defending Em

Niggas act like no crew member addresses beef for other crew members?
Why does this not apply to Marshal?

People have dissed 50Cent MULTIPLE times in the past.

When has Marshal ever hopped onto social media to respond?

I’ll wait.

And actually, that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

I wouldn’t expect him to respond every time somebody disses 50Cent... That would look weird.

If I had a friend and somebody said something about him, it ain’t my job to automatically insert myself into their argument.

These dudes act like Marshal is disabled and he can’t defend himself.

Let HIM respond if he wants to and stay the fuck outta it.

Back