Welcome To aBlackWeb

BENZINO says what we have all been saying for a while

Dre was invincible at that moment in history. Em is lyrical, but it's clear as fuck from his early work Dre made him a star.

Nah he wasn't.

People were questioning how he would do, being on his own for the 1st time in his career. Then he dropped that Aftermath album and folks was ready to write him off.

Hell even Dre tried to forget that Album

"Ladies, they pay homage, but haters say Dre fell off
How nigga? My last album was "The Chronic"

Nah he wasn't.

People were questioning how he would do, being on his own for the 1st time in his career. Then he dropped that Aftermath album and folks was ready to write him off.

lol he ain’t wrote those bars tho

tenor.gif

?

Nah he wasn't.

He also failed to mention The Firm.

Helter Skelter - 1995
Keep Their Heads Ringing - 1995
California Love Remix - 1996
The Aftermath -1996
The Firm - 1997
2001 - 1999
SSLP - 1999

Point being, he had some big songs in between albums.

Nah he wasn't.

Those were well paid jigga bars.... Dre was not losing bruh

Those were well paid jigga bars.... Dre was not losing bruh

:huh2: ........He did lose.

Aftermath album was a flop and the first big non Dre album on the label, The Firm, was a flop.

Like I said Dre was looked at as being a lil shaky ground before Em dropped his 1st album

All that was while he was still w/ Death Row

Keep Their Heads Ringing was on the Friday Soundtrack

Health Skeltah was supposed to be a collaboration album with Ice Cube, but for whatever reason it never materialized

Here's an Ice Cube interview where he claims Eminem and 50 Cent were the reason that album never happened but, Eminem and 50 Cent were like 4/5 years after the song Heltah Skeltah

Keep Their Heads Ringing was on the Friday Soundtrack

Health Skeltah was supposed to be a collaboration album with Ice Cube, but for whatever reason it never materialized

Here's an Ice Cube interview where he claims Eminem and 50 Cent were the reason that album never happened but, Eminem and 50 Cent were like 4/5 years after the song Heltah Skeltah

WTF does any of this gotta do w/ what I was stating?

Almost everything happened how he said. He was on some doom and gloom shit like if Em was successful then blacks would lose Hip Hop. That didn't happen. Em's success hasn't really impacted the ability of black rappers to become successful at all. It also hasn't made it any easier for white rappers to have lasting success.

I get Benzino being concerned about the music industry and the white rapper. However, at this time the source was being exposed for a bunch of fuck shit. Giving more mics to certain artists that they were cool wit. So the whole integrity part is a bad angle for him to take.

I get Benzino being concerned about the music industry and the white rapper. However, at this time the source was being exposed for a bunch of fuck shit. Giving more mics to certain artists that they were cool wit. So the whole integrity part is a bad angle for him to take.

You're right, but it would be impossible to own a Hip Hop magazine and not give your own group a good rating, or people that you're affiliated with.

I mean can anybody here say that if they owned a Hip Hop magazine that you wouldn't give your own group a 4.5 rating?

lol Don't get me wrong. Benzino ain't shit, and I don't believe for a second that all his problems with Em stem from his concerns about the black community and the purity of Hip Hop. Still, there was some validity to what he said.

You're right, but it would be impossible to own a Hip Hop magazine and not give your own group a good rating, or people that you're affiliated with.

I mean can anybody here say that if they owned a Hip Hop magazine that you wouldn't give your own group a 4.5 rating?

I wouldn't rate my own group in my own magazine period. Back in the 90's The Source really had a huge impact on who would blow, them doing shady shit with the mics (no pun intended) could actually be fucking with an upcoming artists money and livelihood.

If I put out a project that I thought was phenomenal and it didn't get 4.5 mics but lil kim gets 5 and benzino gets 4.5?? the same score as nas and jay-z? Nah fuck all that, you cant be talking all this integrity shit but then at the same time doing foul shit like that

Back