Welcome To aBlackWeb

Peacock Bel-Air (Season 3, 8/15)

Carlton is slick… dude has his dad and will locked in their own little “don’t say anything” contracts. He’s gonna rule the next few episodes.

After all these posts praising the show I tried to give it a chance. After watching some episodes… eh. It’s not terrible by any means but other than the fact that it’s a retelling of Fresh Prince it just comes off as the same teenage melodrama shit shows that’s been on tv the last few years. That being said it’s better than I expected, but I won’t lose sleep if I didn’t keep up with this.

After all these posts praising the show I tried to give it a chance. After watching some episodes… eh. It’s not terrible by any means but other than the fact that it’s a retelling of Fresh Prince it just comes off as the same teenage melodrama shit shows that’s been on tv the last few years. That being said it’s better than I expected, but I won’t lose sleep if I didn’t keep up with this.
1oxd96.jpg

I just ran thru all the episodes yesterday after seeing some of yall over praise it. I surprisingly enjoyed it so far for what it is. It aint like a show id recommend to people but i think its a cool show. I like the actor playing Will, he is a good fit tho he doesnt have the charisma like Will did but its a different tone so i aint holding that as a negative. Ashley is low key hilarious tho. So far it probably a 7/10.

Last edited:
Geoffrey being a fixer instead of Butler is dope. Definitely need a back story on him. Hell, they gave him a episode in the original.
He called himself a house manager in the 1st episode. But he more like a Mr. Bently( puff daddy butler) mixed with Oliva Pope lol.

Does anybody know the name of the song that was playing while Aunt Viv and Will were talking after the fight with Trey?

I think the people who dislike this show are the people who can't accept that money doesn't fix everything.

The og show off painted will as a bit ungrateful, and I think the average watcher felt the same way. Like nigga, can't you see you got it easy now?? Chill out.

But this shows is much more realistic in the sense that even if you got money.... You still gonna have issues. Your kids will still do crazy shit. You still can't escape ghetto mentality. I think that fucks with people's perception of how they think shit should be when you got dough.... And that shit isn't what they tryna see

Aunt Viv bout to have an affair. Gettin smanged on paints. BOOK IT!

And Tray acting like a he-bitch. Will suppose to leave a better life in a Bel-Air for...Philly streets??? Lol!
When ol’ boy walked up I told my wife she going to cheat. No woman in any movie/show he’s been in has resisted him.

This should have been a major network prime time show. They wasting it on Peacock. I know why they put it on there, but it’s not going to get the accolades it deserves by being on there. This is a great fucking show! Like, best show I’ve seen in a long time good.

Between this and Snowfall Black TV is killing it right now.

This should have been a major network prime time show. They wasting it on Peacock. I know why they put it on there, but it’s not going to get the accolades it deserves by being on there. This is a great fucking show! Like, best show I’ve seen in a long time good.

Between this and Snowfall Black TV is killing it right now.

This is the new wave for shows. Exclusively on the streaming platform. I don't think it's a slight to it or anything.

See the source image

Back