Welcome To aBlackWeb

Peacock Bel-Air (Season 3, 8/15)

They talked about that in the original though. Remember after the game Carlton stole the ball from Will he was mad at Uncle Phil for perceived supporting Will more than him? Phil had to tell him he's been to so many of Carlton's activities it was hard to keep track and that Will needs a little bit more support because his support section was all the way across the country.
Of course but realistically, do you see that dynamic being fixed in one conversation of one episode?

I know he's from Philly... but he's still 16. He have Freeway's "What wet do?" as his alarm? Think he has Jevon Kearse and Iverson posters. Seems like 80's babies stuff to me.

Smh nah

Not only is “What We Do” a Philly classic it kinda emphasizes the first episode of Will getting a second chance despite all of his wrong decisions

So if a young kid from Queens, NY has “Made You Look” as his ringtone that’ll seem weird?

Some shit is just timeless

Smh nah

Not only is “What We Do” a Philly classic it kinda emphasizes the first episode of Will getting a second chance despite all of his wrong decisions

So if a young kid from Queens, NY has “Made You Look” as his ringtone that’ll seem weird?

Some shit is just timeless

My point is Philly kid or not, that shit still doesn't make sense to me for a 16 year old. Kearse isn't an Eagle legend, and he's not from Philly. He left the Eagles when the kid was like 2.

And the Freeway thing. I don't think NY high schoolers are bumping the Black Album like that, or NO high schoolers are on 500 Degrees or Tha Carter like that. So I'm skeptical Philly kids are really into 03 Freeway like that.

Maybe 1 thing wouldn't be distracting to me. But Kearse, Iverson, Freeway, Hot nigga... that's a lot of aged references for just the 1st episode.

I stand by this. Nah, I don't think high school kids today are bumping the same shit we were listening to 20 years ago. They didn't live that era, so I don't think shit hits them like that.

I'm from VA...Grindin had EVERYONE beating on lunch tables, lockers, or whatever they could hit on. Do I think that's still popular at high schools around here now? No.

I stand by this. Nah, I don't think high school kids today are bumping the same shit we were listening to 20 years ago. They didn't live that era, so I don't think shit hits them like that.

I'm from VA...Grindin had EVERYONE beating on lunch tables, lockers, or whatever they could hit on. Do I think that's still popular at high schools around here now? No.

Basically this is all based on your assumption

I still stand on what I said…..some songs are timeless

I know for a FACT songs from Biggie are still being played by people in Brooklyn regardless of age

Geoffrey being a fixer instead of Butler is dope. Definitely need a back story on him. Hell, they gave him a episode in the original.
I can see them doing a version of that where he fucks Aunt Viv's soror and ghosts her for trying to play him thinking he's just a butler.

Basically this is all based on your assumption

I still stand on what I said…..some songs are timeless

I know for a FACT songs from Biggie are still being played by people in Brooklyn regardless of age

Grindin is as timeless as What We Do to me, and like I said... don't think it's getting a lot of play from high schoolers.

And you're missing the point. I said if it was 1 thing it wouldn't have been distracting. It was What We Do, AND Kearse, AND Iverson, AND Hot Nigga that made the references seem aged.

Like if he was listening to Al Green... ok. But if he was listening to Al Green, AND calling folks jive turkeys, AND wearing bell bottoms, AND had a big afro... it'd come across dated.

The bolded answers explains your inquiry.

Bruh is reppin all things Philly. Shyt doesn't have to be current. Why wouldn't they play Freeway or Meek? Why wouldn't he rep Iverson? Hell...I'd have an issue if that kinda shyt WASN'T in the show.

So it doesn't matter if he was around when Freeway or Meek came out. Fact is...both their music STILL get played in Philly even today. Just like a lot of us wasn't around when Isleys, Marvin, Al Green, and others dropped their classics. But we still bump them regardless. Good music is timeless.

Plus those are Philly legends if it was an LA kid he would definitely play some snoop an ATL kid prolly some TI

But I think what folks are saying is what we do which was just played at a Philly game for Freeway is one of those super popular hometown songs you don’t gotta be our age to know it. Grindin was huge but Clipse was not as big as Rocafella

Back