Welcome To aBlackWeb

Peacock Bel-Air (Season 3, 8/15)

I was one of those “Fresh Prince reboot? FOH w/ that shit. Leave the classics alone” niggas when I originally heard about it. However this joint is fire. They did a great job of giving this version its own identity while capturing the essence of the original. I like the realistic & dramatic tone of the show & yeah like everyone else I need to shoot the fair one with Carlton. Dude is a next level fuckboy coon.

Kinda glad to see Hilary showing interest in Jazz. Let's see where that goes.

But smh at Viv tho. You pretty much told your daughter she gotta get out. Then when she does find a spot...you take away her joy by showing disappointment?

She need to stop tryin to "force" Hilary to follow HER path. I get it. Thats your child. You want give her a leg up in this tuing called life. But she gotta let her do her own thing. If she fails...ok. Let her learn from it. It's the only way she'll become successful.

And Will might have to go see a therapist. Bruh obviously suffering from PTSD.

True but it's not centered around that.

Ya, I get what you're saying. This isn't Snowfall, haha.

I think those other shows get made more because that's what a lot of people want to watch. I love Blackish... one of my favorite shows, but I don't hear it talked about a lot. The Carmichael show and Rel were HILARIOUS, but didn't hear them talked about much. But Snowfall, Power, Empire (at a time), had social media buzzing with every episode. Genre may play a role though.

Kinda glad to see Hilary showing interest in Jazz. Let's see where that goes.

But smh at Viv tho. You pretty much told your daughter she gotta get out. Then when she does find a spot...you take away her joy by showing disappointment?

She need to stop tryin to "force" Hilary to follow HER path. I get it. Thats your child. You want give her a leg up in this tuing called life. But she gotta let her do her own thing. If she fails...ok. Let her learn from it. It's the only way she'll become successful.

And Will might have to go see a therapist. Bruh obviously suffering from PTSD.

His trauma is weird/overplayed to me. Cops didn't falsely arrest him, or beat his ass, or kill his friend. I get not liking what happened that night, but seeing a cop and having these dark flashbacks is a reach to me.

His trauma is weird/overplayed to me. Cops didn't falsely arrest him, or beat his ass, or kill his friend. I get not liking what happened that night, but seeing a cop and having these dark flashbacks is a reach to me.

Hey everyone's trauma is different. I'm assuming he's never been put in that situation.

I just don't think he should take that out on Lisa. So what she didn't tell you her dad is PD...and? Is he saying had she told him from the jump her dad was PD...would he not holla back?

Her: Hi I'm Lisa. And that man over there is my daddy who's the L.A. Police Chief.

Will:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hey everyone's trauma is different. I'm assuming he's never been put in that situation.

I just don't think he should take that out on Lisa. So what she didn't tell you her dad is PD...and? Is he saying had she told him from the jump her dad was PD...would he not holla back?

Her: Hi I'm Lisa. And that man over there is my daddy who's the L.A. Police Chief.

Will:
View attachment 771670

That's kinda what I'm saying. Like he's that mad at her dad being a cop because he got arrested and spent one night in jail?

They just seem to be going overboard on the trauma. He has no problem punching someone in the face (which is what started off everything), but he sees a badge and turns into a Vietnam War vet.

I've only seen the pilot so far, but I'm locked tf in. Lovin it.

I was ready to side-eye the Carlton drug use storyline but then I remembered that's a direct reference to the OG Carlton's use of speed in the original series.

I fux wit it.

I've only seen the pilot so far, but I'm locked tf in. Lovin it.

I was ready to side-eye the Carlton drug use storyline but then I remembered that's a direct reference to the OG Carlton's use of speed in the original series.

I fux wit it.

Ehhh, that's different. Carlton was looking for Vitamin D or C or B or some shit. Then Will said it was in his locker, and Carlton accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle. I don't think that's connected to this Carlton regularly using drugs. Old Carlton wasn't intentionally using speed.

Ehhh, that's different. Carlton was looking for Vitamin D or C or B or some shit. Then Will said it was in his locker, and Carlton accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle. I don't think that's connected to this Carlton regularly using drugs. Old Carlton wasn't intentionally using speed.

Unintentional yes, but I get that the writing of the present-day plot likely is a reference or homage to that episode and it made it easier for me to accept that versus just making him a damn smack head off rip.

Unintentional yes, but I get that the writing of the present-day plot likely is a reference or homage to that episode and it made it easier for me to accept that versus just making him a damn smack head off rip.

I think that's just what he is. I don't think that characters are really based off the originals very much as far as personality. You'll be setting yourself up for disappointment if you look for the old characters in the new ones.

THIS current Carlton I think reflects what kids nowadays are doing. Especially in that "high society" world.

My gawd I wanna curb stomp Carlton's homeboy. That wyte privilege shyt pisses me off thinking about it.

Homie got booked for what could’ve been:

1.) possession of a weapon
2.) reckless endangerment
3.) even a possible attempt depending on how the prosecutor was feeling

Did only a night in jail and was let out the next morning by the grace of god (uncle Phil).

Niggas get to feeling antsy just driving by police when their L is dirty. Can you imagine the anxiety & trauma looming in the back of his head every time he encounters an officer.

I wonder if Jackie will show up in this show. I didn't expect them to go with Lisa, didn't the original fan trailer have Jackie too?

I wonder if Jackie will show up in this show. I didn't expect them to go with Lisa, didn't the original fan trailer have Jackie too?
ya i was shock that they introduced lisa so early but ya hopefully jackie comes into play

im forgetting how many friends will had in og one

tray
jazz
jackie
who else is missing

Back